Seguin vs Baytown

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Seguin vs Baytown

Postby THEQB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:49 pm

This is a matchup most people were figuring would happen for quite some time.
Baytwon had a very close game against Fredy this week and squeaked it out by 1. Most people thought it would be Baytown by 14 or so. From the posts on here looks like Fredy came out really prepared.
Seguin has yet to find a threat this post season. Destroying spring branch and beating orange by 40. The orange game raised a few questions. Seguins very fast and should have been an easy win against a much slower orange team. Rumor has it they may have been missing a player or players. Not sure if they got bit by the no pass no play rule or had some injuries. Anyone see the Seguin game and can shed some light on things?
I have Seguin by 20 on this one... unless they have a key player out. Hopefully no serious injuries.
THEQB
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby SicEm74 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Until confirmed that Seguin lost players and the skill of said players, I'm reserved about a prediction.
Baytown is number one but they only had a 1 point victory over Freddy from what I hear was a brawl of a game. Seguin, meanwhile, played a softer Orange that most likely didnt even leave a bruise.

Seguin would be the fresher team at full capacity but again, missing players??????
SicEm74
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby Cougar1414 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:46 pm

The missing players were not from injury or grades. Much more serious issue. I will not comment but will say I doubt they are allow to play the rest of the season. It would not be a good look for them to bring them back for the remaining games.I respect the decision the program is always larger than players. With that said, other players will step up.
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby THEQB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Anyone go to this game and have any clarification on what happened? Did someone get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike or something?
THEQB
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby Cougar1414 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:08 pm

They did not travel with the team.
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby freeagent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:29 pm

THEQB wrote:Anyone go to this game and have any clarification on what happened? Did someone get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike or something?



What I hear, third hand, is that it has to do with a serious violation of school rules. I hope that those young men remaining in Falcon uniforms get Coach Rabon that state championship he has richly earned in his 14 years of service to build that program. It's important to a lot of, players, coaches and others.
User avatar
freeagent
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Seguin, Texas, The World

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby Cougar1414 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Freeagent how many State Championships does his Team have?
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby freeagent » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:00 am

Cougar1414 wrote:Freeagent how many State Championships does his Team have?

Just the 2012 title. Several trips to the semifinals, starting in 2006.
User avatar
freeagent
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Seguin, Texas, The World

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby THEQB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:05 am

freeagent wrote:
THEQB wrote:Anyone go to this game and have any clarification on what happened? Did someone get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike or something?



What I hear, third hand, is that it has to do with a serious violation of school rules. I hope that those young men remaining in Falcon uniforms get Coach Rabon that state championship he has richly earned in his 14 years of service to build that program. It's important to a lot of, players, coaches and others.


I hope the 3rd hand info is just a rumor. That would be very disappointing to the remaining players and coaches who have been dedicated to the program throughout the year.
Was it just one of the players or a group?
THEQB
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby JustFootball45 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 am

Did they kill someone or something to where nobody can tell us what happened ?? Everyone is making this such a mystery. Did they smoke some drugs and get caught?
JustFootball45
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby GeauxTigers » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 am

JustFootball45 wrote:Did they kill someone or something to where nobody can tell us what happened ?? Everyone is making this such a mystery. Did they smoke some drugs and get caught?


I don't think it would be appropriate to speculate and even if someone knows the truth it would be best to keep it private. We are talking about juveniles here and there is no reason to publicly humiliate them and their families. If it was my kid involved I would not want it broadcast. I have confidence that the coaches and administrators are handling this matter in a professional manner and that's good enough for me.
GeauxTigers
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:03 am

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby THEQB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:28 pm

GeauxTigers wrote:
JustFootball45 wrote:Did they kill someone or something to where nobody can tell us what happened ?? Everyone is making this such a mystery. Did they smoke some drugs and get caught?


I don't think it would be appropriate to speculate and even if someone knows the truth it would be best to keep it private. We are talking about juveniles here and there is no reason to publicly humiliate them and their families. If it was my kid involved I would not want it broadcast. I have confidence that the coaches and administrators are handling this matter in a professional manner and that's good enough for me.


Couldn't agree with you more. Main reason for discussion was trying to figure out if that's the reason they did not 45 orange. Evidently one or more of their boys got suspended for some reason.
THEQB
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby freeagent » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:55 pm

JustFootball45 wrote:Did they kill someone or something to where nobody can tell us what happened ?? Everyone is making this such a mystery. Did they smoke some drugs and get caught?


It wasn't the first part of your question, because that probably would have made the papers :)

And I probably would have been the one they 'offed'.
User avatar
freeagent
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Seguin, Texas, The World

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby THEQB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:00 pm

I think seguin will be full squad come Friday night!
THEQB
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Seguin vs Baytown

Postby freeagent » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Lifegate Christian vs Baytown Christian
Friday, November 25 7:30 pm
Bryan Allen Academy.
User avatar
freeagent
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Seguin, Texas, The World

Next

Return to TAPPS-Division II

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests