District Standings & Playoff Picture

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: District Standings & Playoff Picture

Postby THEQB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:36 am

IMO i think Fredy and Spring Branch swap spots this week giving Fredy the bye with Baytown and setting up a first round matchup with Seguin vs Spring Branch. I would sure like to see a Seguin vs Fredy matchup though. Two solid programs with great systems and coaching.
THEQB
6-Man Fan

Postby everydownback » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Ive seen Longview Christian Heritage play a few times and I've been very impressed with the physicality and toughness for a first year program. They came out and dominated a bigger Denton Calvary team and came out with a 50-6 win. They are big and physical with some great athletes and I would not be surprised if they came out and gave Waco Live Oak a run for their money.
everydownback
11-Man Fan

Postby John Holmes » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:52 pm

everydownback wrote:Ive seen Longview Christian Heritage play a few times and I've been very impressed with the physicality and toughness for a first year program. They came out and dominated a bigger Denton Calvary team and came out with a 50-6 win. They are big and physical with some great athletes and I would not be surprised if they came out and gave Waco Live Oak a run for their money.

That's the funniest post I have read in awhile. Hell of a first post. Let's see if they can win their district first.
John Holmes
6-Man Fan

Postby Sam Cheat Cover 2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:24 pm

You are exactly right on this one.
Longview Heritage will be home eating Thanksgiving Turkey after the bye round is over. All they have played is home school and weak teams.
They need to schedule some of our South Teams before they get to Cocky.
They are noting but a bunch of punk soccer kids that think they know 6man football.
North East Texas is not known for 6 man football like is down here in the South.
Sam Cheat Cover 2
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 am

"Punk soccer kids"....trolling at its weakest.
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby Sam Cheat Cover 2 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:26 am

There's a difference between "6 man Football" and "Futball" or as I like to call it Kickball.
Sam Cheat Cover 2
6-Man Fan

Postby NDknight04 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:30 am

I'm relatively new at following 6-man football. Within the last 4 or 5 years. At this level in TAPPS has the South always been the dominant half of the bracket?
NDknight04
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 am

Sam Cheat Cover 2 wrote:There's a difference between "6 man Football" and "Futball" or as I like to call it Kickball.

Way to deflect.....
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby SicEm74 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 am

NDknight04 wrote:I'm relatively new at following 6-man football. Within the last 4 or 5 years. At this level in TAPPS has the South always been the dominant half of the bracket?

Where do you want the divide to be? If it's Waco then you can just about even the North with the South but of you count Waco as South then it's overwhelmingly the South!
SicEm74
6-Man Fan

Postby Game Traveler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:46 am

LOL! This is good stuff. South is loaded!!! Two longview schools, one jealous of the other so you decide. Play each other for district. Then we have my pioneers just laid back watching and ready to strike like a cobra. LOL.
Game Traveler
6-Man Fan

Postby Sam Cheat Cover 2 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52 pm

And how fitting is Pioneer's as their mascot with all the new players exploring and settling in a new country and area in North Central Texas every year.
You can find anyone that can run, score a lot of points, and put on a show but tackling is what will get you the championship trophy.
Sam Cheat Cover 2
6-Man Fan

Postby shortround » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:09 pm

@NDNight, If I'm right with the quick glance I took- a north team hasn't won the state championship since 2009..
and since 2002, there have been 14 state champs from the south in D2/3

Again a quick glance, but that's what it looked like
shortround
6-Man Fan

Postby THEQB » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Sam Cheat Cover 2 wrote:And how fitting is Pioneer's as their mascot with all the new players exploring and settling in a new country and area in North Central Texas every year.
You can find anyone that can run, score a lot of points, and put on a show but tackling is what will get you the championship trophy.

Don't matter if you can put up 100 points if the other team puts up 101....
Defense wins championships.
THEQB
6-Man Fan

Postby NDknight04 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:38 pm

I'd love it if my boys could buck that trend and bring a title back home. Going to be tough sledding for sure. I'd settle for getting back to the big dance. That was a special moment in Bastrop last year for all our school community. Anyone in the north is Going to have to get past a solid NCTA team first.
NDknight04
6-Man Fan

Postby WFfootballfan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Haven't heard a lot of hype about Grandbury this year. I guess they are flying under the radar. I saw them play against WFND this year. I think their #8 this year is better than that bruiser they had at RB last year. Maybe not stat wise but I feel like he makes them a better overall team and not so one dimensional.

BTW what ever happened to that RB from last year? Did he end up graduating from NCTA? Is he playing college somewhere?
WFfootballfan
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to TAPPS-Division II