National Anthem Protest

Feel free to talk about the "other" form of football

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: National Anthem Protest

Postby loveofgame » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:22 pm

truthhurts17 wrote:Who are you to say how they use their constitutional rights? A bit hypocritical!

You seem triggered and scared. New account eh? Either too scared to show who you really are or have never been involved enough to join up until now.
loveofgame
6-Man Fan

Postby truthhurts17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Yea neither, been a member for a long time...lost my old screen name in the purge
truthhurts17
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Hey Truthhurts, the title of this thread clearly says "other football talk"", so why did you bother to come over here? No one really cares to read your claptrap ranting and raving. Just go back to some other thread.
But you won't because you like to sensationalize and attack people while hiding behind the anonymity of your cutesy little name. But you probably don't realize just how easy it is to backtrack you and find out who you are where you live etc.
So keep up with your hysterical rants, just don't be surprised when one day, someone comes up behind you, taps you on the shoulder and says.........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby smalltown » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm so tired of the lack of respect by all of the entitled athletes. If you are an American then you stand and show your respect for all the men and women who have served our great country. This will never be acceptable to me. I have never served but I have family and friends who have given their life for our country. If you want to protest then do it another way. All hell would break loose if someone trys that in west texas.
smalltown
6-Man Fan

Postby truthhurts17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 pm

Is that a threat?!!?? Seriously what are you 12?? Bring it little guy I'm not afraid of you by any means mr keyboard bandit. I didn't say anything about anyone other then the fact that we don't need politics here...I could really care less what you think but if you are threating someone over a difference of opinion then you are defiantly whats wrong with this country.
truthhurts17
6-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:15 am

And............. welcome back FCSA
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 am

Now Now, Truthhurts, Calm down, don't get your panties in a wad. There was no threat there, unless YOU wanted to imagine one. I was simply pointing out to you, and everyone else, including myself, that in today's digital universe, everything we put on line is out there.......FOREVER! So we need to use good judgement and common sense lest at the most critical and inopportune time those things come crashing down on us in a way that causes people to doubt your lack of control of your temper, your personal attack mentality or whatever an opponent at your work, a political opponent, law enforcement officer or anyone else that might question your credibility or character or lack thereof.
So just go down to Walgreens or CVS and get you some DRAMAMINE. It seems that you have way too much DRAMA in your life. Maybe a little DRAMA-mine will alleviate your symptoms. (Smiley face goes here).
So just take your DRAMA-mine, settle down, go to another thread and sing kumbaya and get some rest tonight.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 am

Thank you to my Father, Uncles and Cousins who have served, shed blood and carried shrapnel to their grave. I'd of went if called, still have the draft card. Thanks to all others who served.
I cross my heart for Our flag during the national anthem.
Thanks to all who defend the right to freedom of speech and the right to assemble and protest peacefully.
Pretty much impossible to do in any other country in the World! Thank You!
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:00 am

Should we turn to another sport appreciated by some in the south for perspective?

"All Americans are granted rights to peaceful protest. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." JFK, quoted by Dale Earnhart Jr., who could be fired for the statement/quote if NASCAR follow's through.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/news ... y3v9yxpmt0
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:20 am

Dont watch on Veterans day.
Peaceful protest.
Bamm.

Actually,
as a middle aged white guy
who has fought for everything I have
I wonder what the heck white privilege is.?
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 am

Dogface2 wrote:I wonder what the heck white privilege is.?

A convenient excuse for failure to get up off their butts and work.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 51eleven » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:02 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aar ... li=BBnb7Kz

Both sides are right for once? Dissing the Flag and National Anthem is Wrong, disrespectful. Yet the right to freedom of speech, the most basic right, to say even this, and do so in public is why blood is shed and lives are given.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:04 am

Using the "Free Speech" mantra is a little misleading and sometimes out and out deceptive.
The Supreme Court has already ruled that this "right" is not absolute.
They ruled that you cannot tell "FIRE!" In a crowd or commit similar acts hiding behind "free speech"
Likewise what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do are not necessarily the same thing. Actions require good judgment, moral character, wisdom, common sense and discretion. For example, if a law enforcement officer follows the letter of the law EVERY TIME they encountered someone they could, would or should arrest those people every time they stopped someone. But by using discretion, common sense and wisdom, they can verbally warn, ticket or physically detain someone.
I often hear someone justify their actions by quoting something about some "Right" they have.
Rarely do you hear them mention their RESPONSIBILITIES.
Just thought I'd mention that.........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:54 am

FCSA football wrote:Using the "Free Speech" mantra is a little misleading and sometimes out and out deceptive.
The Supreme Court has already ruled that this "right" is not absolute.
They ruled that you cannot tell "FIRE!" In a crowd or commit similar acts hiding behind "free speech"
Likewise what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do are not necessarily the same thing. Actions require good judgment, moral character, wisdom, common sense and discretion. For example, if a law enforcement officer follows the letter of the law EVERY TIME they encountered someone they could, would or should arrest those people every time they stopped someone. But by using discretion, common sense and wisdom, they can verbally warn, ticket or physically detain someone.
I often hear someone justify their actions by quoting something about some "Right" they have.
Rarely do you hear them mention their RESPONSIBILITIES.
Just thought I'd mention that.........

W/O absolute Free Speech you didn't say this in say Russia. "Right's" are not given, thanks to those who give them to us. May they understand their value to History.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby CleverUsername1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 am

Looks like my Cowboys sparked something. Last night the Packers and Bears stood during the anthem with their arms interlocked, and Drew Brees announced that the Saints will do the same thing Sunday, symbolizing that despite different racial backgrounds and political differences that we can come together in unity and still respect those who fought for our freedoms. If that's not American I don't know what is.
CleverUsername1
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Other Football Talk