Looking for any Open Position

If you are looking for a job, please feel free to post your resume or interest here.

Moderators: granger, freeagent, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: Looking for any Open Position

Postby 6mansam » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Most 6 man schools are among the poorer schools in the state, with a few notable exceptions. They will be taking a bigger hit in cuts the first year of the next biennium, so things may stabilize some the following year. What I have noticed is that there are more people with non 6 man backgrounds filling postions in 6 man schools, especially in math and science. That is the result of a combination of things, IMO. You are going to see a lot of academically unacceptable schools because TPM was removed and that was saving some schools from previously being unacceptable. If you are accademically unacceptable and using people to teach areas in which they are not highly qualified, you will be asking for trouble as we move to STAAR and EOC.

My background was in 6 man, and I returned after several years in the crowded field. Years ago, a lot of 6 man schools would have coaches with PE or Health certs teaching some of everything. With EOC coming, NCLB, 4x4, and all the HQ rules, those days are over. With 8-12 math, science or comp social studies, you can usually find a job somewhere. Too many young coaches are coming out with PE or health.
6mansam
6-Man Fan

Postby Edward Golden » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Gordon is looking for an Asst. Coach. who can teach SS.

Call David Low, Principal 254-693-5342
Edward Golden
6-Man Fan

Postby Bluecat98 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:52 pm

I have read several of Dogfaces post and can tell why he is looking. Negativity has no place in this business and I imagine if you will put down fellow coaches on a coaching board you will do the same with kids. I hope I find out who you are so that I may never hire you at any future place I may be.
Bluecat98
11-Man Fan

Postby Coach Bear » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 pm

I am currently employed and have been for the last year. Thanks any everyone.
Coach Bear
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Coach Bear,

Aren't you still at Lubbock Kingdom Prep....
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Coach Bear » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Ha ha yes I am. I've had like 20 calls today! Someone replied and brought this old topic back up.
Coach Bear
6-Man Fan

Postby freeagent » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 am

What's the old joke about coaches (especially professional ones) ... there are the ones who have been fired and the ones that are going to be fired.

I remember when Dan Devine was coaching the Packers in the early 70s ... the locals didn't like Devine (and there was a big contingent of same who wanted Bart Starr to get the job, and from what I remember Bart didn't discourage those making that point) to the extent that "For Sale" signs regularly appeared on Devine's front lawn.

It got pretty bad and I think that even the Devine family dog met an untimely end.
freeagent
6Man Authority

Previous

Return to Resume Board