Local places on the road for good food

Traveling across the state of Texas can make a fan hungry. Share where you think the best places to eat are on the way to/from a game.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby oldfat&bald » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Old Bearkat wrote:
westexasflats wrote:Yellow Duck in Richland Sprgs
it's said they have a secret ingrediant that will make you run fast and grow strong
all the kids eat there


Are you sure it's not "give you the runs and smell strong"?


Now that's funny.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: The Beautiful South Plains of W TX

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby pojocrusader » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:25 am

Babes chicken whoo boy make you slap yo grandma
User avatar
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:09 am
Location: North Texas

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby fajitapete » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:53 am

oldfat&bald wrote:
Old Bearkat wrote:
westexasflats wrote:Yellow Duck in Richland Sprgs
it's said they have a secret ingrediant that will make you run fast and grow strong
all the kids eat there


Are you sure it's not "give you the runs and smell strong"?


Now that's funny.


unless you are the one with the problem.
User avatar
fajitapete
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:59 pm
Location: Pete's Forest Compound - Central Texas
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby pojocrusader » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 am

fajitapete wrote:
oldfat&bald wrote:
Old Bearkat wrote:
westexasflats wrote:Yellow Duck in Richland Sprgs
it's said they have a secret ingrediant that will make you run fast and grow strong
all the kids eat there


Are you sure it's not "give you the runs and smell strong"?


Now that's funny.


unless you are the one with the problem.

have you experienced this Fajita?????
User avatar
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:09 am
Location: North Texas

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby fajitapete » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 am

pojocrusader wrote:
fajitapete wrote:
oldfat&bald wrote:
Old Bearkat wrote:
westexasflats wrote:Yellow Duck in Richland Sprgs
it's said they have a secret ingrediant that will make you run fast and grow strong
all the kids eat there


Are you sure it's not "give you the runs and smell strong"?


Now that's funny.


unless you are the one with the problem.

have you experienced this Fajita?????


any one over the age of 2 that's saying they haven't is lying
User avatar
fajitapete
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:59 pm
Location: Pete's Forest Compound - Central Texas
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 am

fajitapete wrote:
pojocrusader wrote:
fajitapete wrote:
oldfat&bald wrote:
Old Bearkat wrote: Are you sure it's not "give you the runs and smell strong"?


Now that's funny.


unless you are the one with the problem.

have you experienced this Fajita?????


any one over the age of 2 that's saying they haven't is lying


AMEN to that!!!!
User avatar
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:01 am
Location: Minooka, IL
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby CowboyP » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 pm

It's definately not pleasant.
User avatar
CowboyP
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Aquilla Sixmaniac
Blog: View Blog (8)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby pojocrusader » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:10 pm

I try my best. To stay away from any "Greasy-spoon" diners
User avatar
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:09 am
Location: North Texas

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby CowboyP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:29 am

pojocrusader wrote:I try my best. To stay away from any "Greasy-spoon" diners

I prefer the greasy spoon cafes. Most larger restaurants can't match the flavor, price, or atmosphere.
User avatar
CowboyP
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Aquilla Sixmaniac
Blog: View Blog (8)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby CowboyP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:33 am

If you're ever in Camp Wood, try Casa Falcon. Good food & reasonable prices. They have a breakfast buffet that is great.
User avatar
CowboyP
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Aquilla Sixmaniac
Blog: View Blog (8)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby pojocrusader » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:49 am

if you like greay spoons then we will eat at Howell's in springtown.....................bring some MAALOX
User avatar
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:09 am
Location: North Texas

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby Old Bearkat » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:15 pm

pojocrusader wrote:if you like greay spoons then we will eat at Howell's in springtown.....................bring some MAALOX


Only weak digestive tracts need MAALOX after a good meal......
User avatar
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 6544
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:01 am
Location: Minooka, IL
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby tcbxxvi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:01 pm

CowboyP wrote:If you're ever in Camp Wood, try Casa Falcon. Good food & reasonable prices. They have a breakfast buffet that is great.



I agree....very good breakfast!
tcbxxvi
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:01 am
Location: West Texas

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby pojocrusader » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Old Bearkat wrote:
pojocrusader wrote:if you like greay spoons then we will eat at Howell's in springtown.....................bring some MAALOX


Only weak digestive tracts need MAALOX after a good meal......

no smart patrons request maalox
User avatar
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:09 am
Location: North Texas

Re: Local places on the road for good food

Postby CowboyP » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Hoot'n holler BBQ in Whitney. They're at the corner of FM 933 & HWY 22.
Good BBQ & they donate to Aquilla's Booster Club.
User avatar
CowboyP
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Aquilla Sixmaniac
Blog: View Blog (8)

PreviousNext

Return to Where should I eat?/Fajita Pete's Concession Stand Review

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest