The vanishing Calvert Frito Pie

Traveling across the state of Texas can make a fan hungry. Share where you think the best places to eat are on the way to/from a game.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

The vanishing Calvert Frito Pie

Postby fajitapete » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:59 pm

My bad! The attempt to make a third game this week fell short. I should have checked to see kickoff time. I was planning to head out to Calvert about 6:30 in order to be there for a 7:30 kickoff. Then I got a late start, leaving the Forest Compound at or about 6:50. Figured I would be middle of first quarter.

Seems the game started at 7 and they must have never stopped the clock. I rolled in to the parking lot as everyone else was leaving. Time on deck? 8:10

C-stand closed so no frito pie this night. And to add insult to injury, some one had BBQ fumes wafting through the air, that alone flung a craving on me. If I could have tracked down the source I bet I would have had some good stuff.

Home and hungry by 9:30 Travelling next week but will be in the WF area so will try to make a local game up there.

The quest for the best HS football Frito Pie continues . . .
fajitapete
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: The vanishing Calvert Frito Pie

Postby granger » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Not to make you jealous, but last night I took the boys to the UT-USC game and we were lucky enough to have tickets in the north end zone club where they have free food. My kids love it because they usually have a dessert bar.

Last night I get in there and go searching for the food. And what do I find to my delight? A Frito Pie bar! Let's just say I made several trips before the game even started. I had to drink plenty of water all night to appropriately flush my system, but man was it worth it.

The game was kind of nice too.
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Thank you for your selfless dedication in the never ending quest for the ultimate Frito Pie............
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby fajitapete » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:45 pm

granger wrote: . . .A Frito Pie bar! . . .

inquiring minds want to know, what items exist on a tier 1 collegiate Frito Pie bar? My mouth is watering just thinking of the possibilities. . .
fajitapete
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby granger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 am

I stuck with the basics, just chili and fritos. You know, cutting back on the dairy...

it had just the basics: fritos, chili, cheese, jalapenos and onions, from what I saw
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Where should I eat?/Fajita Pete's Concession Stand Review