Kinsler gone

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Kinsler gone

Postby markf » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 pm

The Detroit Tigers have agreed to trade first baseman Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers for second baseman Ian Kinsler, according to a report by CBSSports.com.

Physicals are still needed to complete the deal, and another unidentified player could be involved in the deal, according to the report.

Fielder, 29, hit .279 with 25 home runs and 106 RBIs last season, his second with the Tigers. Fielder signed a nine-year, $214 million contract with Detroit prior to the 2012 season.

Kinsler, 31, hit .277 with 13 home runs and 72 RBIs last season with Texas.
markf
6-Man Fan

Re: Kinsler gone

Postby oldfat&bald » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Dammit.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manWT » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Just saw that on ESPN. Sad to see Kinsler go, but a heck of a pickup in Fielder. Still not real sure how I feel about Kinsler being gone though. ...
6manWT
6-Man Fan

Postby MelaniB » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:58 am

Mark it sounds like none of the women liked Kinsler. Why?
MelaniB
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 am

Are your serious..."Sad to see Kinsler go"...M Young was more a Ranger than Kinsler...this was a great trade!

And those who are "sad" to see this trade should have committed ritual suicide over the M. Young trade...that guy was more to Texas Rangers baseball than anyone else on the field.
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:34 am

We'll see, but in getting rid of Nolan Ryan, I bet the Rangers are making a move back to mediocrity. He did something no other general manager had ever done, get them in the World Series.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby markf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

MelaniB wrote:Mark it sounds like none of the women liked Kinsler. Why?

Mel,most of the women did love Kinsler,,He--The Women say was a handsome man,,I wouldnt know bout that?

Gentry now dealt to the A's
AJ a Red Sox
Murphy-Cleveland
Nathan-Now a Tiger.
I really liked Nathan as a friend and Great pitcher.
markf
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 am

Old Bearkat wrote:We'll see, but in getting rid of Nolan Ryan, I bet the Rangers are making a move back to mediocrity. He did something no other general manager had ever done, get them in the World Series.

umm he wasn't the GM but I see what you mean haha
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:38 am

The Rangers are desperate for power and the moves that have taken place are just the beginning. They will make many more before spring training in February and since Ellsbury got a ridiculous amount of money from the Pinstripe ATM in New York the price for Cruz and Choo just went up so it'll be interesting to see who is the starting LF next year. Some are saying that Choice (acquired for Gentry) will be the LF but I think 3 development starters will be too much so I still think they'll go after Choo. As far as catcher goes I was hoping Salty would come back but since he's now a fish I don't really know where they go for a catcher.
wths
6-Man Fan

Return to Baseball