DCTF

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: DCTF

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:09 pm

When Gorman played Zephyr and May, they played really good in the first half, then the roof fell in on them in the third quarter. May was up 20 to 16 at the half and looked to be off-balance most of the half. They then realed off 38 points in the third quarter and that left Gorman realing. I lean toward Gorman having the second best team in the district. But Gorman has so many varibles that can and do at times cost them possesions and eventually games that I have no real confidence in that pick. I understand that Lingleville recently got an injured player healthy enough to play again, that one player might make a difference in who goes where in the playoffs.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby ATMmom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:41 pm

In all honesty....May was not playing their game the first half. They came out after half time fired up and showed what they can and will do, but it was good for them to play a little bit longer than they have all year and to struggle a little bit so they get that out of their system now. I was at the Gorman zephyr game and I agree completely that Gorman plays really good for the first half then the wheels fall off. I was really rooting for Gorman to win that game.
ATMmom
6-Man Fan

Postby ATMmom » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:11 pm

51eleven wrote:Sad to say for my former neighbors but winner of Gorman - Lingleville the last week get's second place.
I lean to the Cardinal's at this point.

Every program goes thru some rebuilding years...especially sixman. Hopefully Gordon’s in one of those cycles and will get back up on its feet soon, but I think you are right about the winner of Gorman and Lingleville. As much as I would like to stick with my original pick of Gorman in second.... momentum is a powerful thing and Linglevilles win over Gordon is definitely that. Nothing is a sure thing till the game is over so I hope my May Tigers stay on their toes this week against Lingleville, but I have faith in them.
ATMmom
6-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Looks like Lingleville and Gorman will have a go at each other for the second spot in the district. If their scores vs Gordon are any indication, Gorman will hold about a twenty point edge. Gordon will have the pleasure of traveling to May to close out their season. The only way that I can see that this game does not end with mercy rule is if May's JV does not have a game this week and are suited up for Fridays game. May's JV has enough long range firepower that it will probably end in the mercy rule anyway.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby ATMmom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:09 pm

May’s JV did just beat Strawns JV and I can tell you that Strawns JV is no joke. May has a lot of talent on that squad.
ATMmom
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Div 1 - District 11