DCTF

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

DCTF

Postby Blue Bird » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Are any of you guys (or gals) not happy with the order that the magazine has this district picked? The order to finish the district would be May, Gordon, Gorman, and Lingleville.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby Hill County » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 pm

It is probably correct. Might be able switch the top 2 teams. Either way those are the top 2 teams.
Hill County
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Re: DCTF

Postby 51eleven » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Blue Bird wrote:Are any of you guys (or gals) not happy with the order that the magazine has this district picked? The order to finish the district would be May, Gordon, Gorman, and Lingleville.


I imagine those from Gordon, Gorman and Lingleville respectively think they ought to be # 1. At least they all ought to think they can win district at this point in the season.
51eleven
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Re: DCTF

Postby ATMmom » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 am

What did you not like about the prediction? I thought it was perfect, but last year they had May finishing last and we know how that turned out so you never know. Things change and players either rise or fall. But I am biased and I am ready for that district tittle again! Gordon always has a good program but they lost some good players to graduation. Liglevile has talent but I heard they lost some of their fire power. Not sure how accurate my info is. Gorman,....well my family is from there so it always has a piece of my heart...except on Friday nights....then it's on the field. They have a new Coach so you never know how that will impact the program. From playing 11 man, then outlaw and then one year of district play and the next year a new coach is a lot of change in a short time. I always know that's nothing is a done deal and it's not over till the last second of the last district game...
My guess....May, Gorman, Gordon, ligleville
Or....May Gordon, Gorman, Linglevile
The thing that makes High School football so fun is watching potential in motion. Higher levels of play have come into most of their potential. Greatness is expected but in High school everyone has the potienial for greatness at any given time.
ATMmom
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:26 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby Blue Bird » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:52 pm

I will have to admit that I was surprised at the Gordon and Crowell score, as well as the Gorman and Throckmorton score. Gorman played in Throck didn't they? Throck is a tough place to visit and get any kind of win, it makes the point spread even more impressive! How early in the game was Gordon 45'd?
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby ATMmom » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:44 pm

I do not have an answer for you on when they crossed the 45 threshold. I looked but all I can find is the reporting of the score. i know Gordon has a good program and will likely bounce back from this loss. May plays in Throckmorton this week.
ATMmom
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:26 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby Shad Kline » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Blue Bird wrote:I will have to admit that I was surprised at the Gordon and Crowell score, as well as the Gorman and Throckmorton score. Gorman played in Throck didn't they? Throck is a tough place to visit and get any kind of win, it makes the point spread even more impressive! How early in the game was Gordon 45'd?

Midway through the 3rd quarter
User avatar
Shad Kline
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: DCTF

Postby Blue Bird » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 pm

I know that I am jumping way ahead of myself, but, when is the last time Gordon did not make the playoffs two years in a row?
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby Shad Kline » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Blue Bird wrote:I know that I am jumping way ahead of myself, but, when is the last time Gordon did not make the playoffs two years in a row?

2009, 2010, 2011
User avatar
Shad Kline
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: DCTF

Postby ATMmom » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Congrats to Gordon on their win last night. Hopefully they can build on that momentum.
ATMmom
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:26 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:44 pm

This district will start their play next Friday, Gorman will be at May and Lingleville will be at Gordon. Any thoughts on these two games? Or maybe a thought or two on the district in general?
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby texmac68 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Gordon Lingelville should be a good game.
texmac68
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:20 am

Re: DCTF

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:01 am

Lingleville 60 to Gordon's 24 and May 64 to Gorman's 16. This sets up the match-up of unbeaten in district between May and Lingleville. The winner in all likelyhood, will be in the playoffs. It also sets up the other district game between Gorman and Gordon, both have 1 loss in district. The loser between these two probably will be wiping the cobwebs off of their basketballs!
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby ATMmom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Blue Bird wrote:Lingleville 60 to Gordon's 24 and May 64 to Gorman's 16. This sets up the match-up of unbeaten in district between May and Lingleville. The winner in all likelyhood, will be in the playoffs. It also sets up the other district game between Gorman and Gordon, both have 1 loss in district. The loser between these two probably will be wiping the cobwebs off of their basketballs!


How do you see the district play out?
ATMmom
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:26 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: DCTF

Postby 51eleven » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Sad to say for my former neighbors but winner of Gorman - Lingleville the last week get's second place.
I lean to the Cardinal's at this point.
51eleven
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Next

Return to Div 1 - District 11

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest