Week 1 Picks

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Week 1 Picks

Postby sixmanfan1990 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 am

People are giving Groom to much did yall forget how good the panthers are even with a lost to Ira a 6 rank in D 1 team. Groom is rank 13 in D 2 and lack leader ship. Plus a 29 to 12 victory over a low ranked hart last week does not give any reason to think Groom will make it till the end and they did'nt 52 to 6. Come on guys look at the facts.
sixmanfan1990
11-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:40 am

I BE 8-0 THIS YEAR :) Saying that next week I will pick all the losers. lol
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby airboss32 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 am

Congrats on getting the W last night, Panthers. After getting 45'd in their last two games (counting the playoff loss last season) they needed the confidence booster.
I wouldn't be looking too far ahead if I was a Follett fan though. They'll be essentially playing for 2nd place in district, as Valley is the clear favorite (and with good reason.......they gave Throckmorton one heckuva game).
Miami might possibly give the Panthers a game for a half or so......the Motley Co game won't be pretty, IMHO. Follett is very one dimensional this year, and MC will shut down their running lanes. I see that game ending early with MC winning by 45 or more.
Paducah is down from last season from what I've been hearing, so Follett will get a breather before district starts....time they will need to get ready for their matchup with Valley.
They'll make the playoffs, for sure, and might even do some damage...........but championship caliber, they are not.
My hat is off to the Follett coach who was up in the press box and talking to Follett's head coach......his comments were very entertaining to say the least! Early in the game, as he was making suggestions on what plays might be open, he suddenly said "Does Etheridge have his set unplugged so he doesn't have to listen to me or what?" Nearly snotted Coke all over myself when he said that!
As for Groom.....well........they are clearly not the same team that put 48 points on the board last season against a MUCH better Follett squad. Yes, they DO lack a true leader, someone who steps up and takes charge and provides a spark. Outside of Fields, they have no true offensive threat. Combine that with having a new coach and a (seemingly) complete lack of enthusiasm, and you have a LONG season ahead for them. Unless they can turn things around, I don't see them getting out of district play.
Just my two cents........Good luck to BOTH teams this season!!
airboss32
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:13 pm

I too am 8-0! yay lol topher are you keeping score? Nobody gave Groom too much of anything really Follett really disappointed against Ira in week 0 and not many people are too sure how they will fare this year because they are very young. A 52-6 win is a vast improvement over last week and maybe they'll keep building on it.
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:49 pm

wths wrote:I thought topher80 was gonna keep score since he started the game up but I'm not sure. I can do it like last year it's up to you guys though.

It's a lot of work to keep the scores the way you did last year. I'd be happy with just a straight W-L standings. Most wins at the end of the season wins over all.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Yah straight W-L is the easiest. It's not like there is a prize at the end anyway. I'll tally up the scores tomorrow or Monday.
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:28 am

That sounds good guys let me know if I can help.
wths
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Div 1 - District 1