Throckmorton - State Champions, Again?

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: Throckmorton - State Champions, Again?

Postby WVYoungGuns » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 am

Throck is a good team but Water Valley and Rankin have taken way to much out of them. It is hard to get up for quality teams like the aforementioned week in and week out. For this reason, Valley by 16.
WVYoungGuns
6-Man Fan

Postby Texman301 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 am

Have seen them both on film....if Valley stays within 16 I will be excited. Not taking anything away from Valley but Throck is way way good! I want Valley to win because they beat the team that beat us out of the playoffs!
Texman301
6-Man Fan

Postby pecospete » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 am

patriotpaul wrote:Just for informational purposes. There is no such place as Turkey Valley. It is commonly refered to as just Valley. It is the consolidated school of Quitaque and Turkey Texas. The reason you sometimes see it as Turkey Valley is because Turkey-Quitaque, Valley High School is too long to fit on the Tv screen or the newspaper biline.

But refering to it as Turkey Balley really bothers some so that that makes it fun for some of us who you have shattered their dreams in years past.
pecospete
6-Man Fan

Postby LongWayHome » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 pm

The reason you sometimes see it as Turkey Valley is because Turkey-Quitaque, Valley High School is too long to fit on the Tv screen or the newspaper biline.

Growing up in Throckmorton, I always thought that one name was far too long. And it must be, as most here seem to reduce it to Throck or T-rock.

On the other hand, now I am pretty proud of it and the team that represents it, too!
LongWayHome
11-Man Fan

Postby longhornfan1970 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 am

Longwayhome, if you want to message me your cell # I could text u score updates next Saturday when our Greyhounds go for back-to-back State Championships !!!
longhornfan1970
6-Man Fan

Postby statsman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 am

Congrats to back to back Championships..great year!!
statsman
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Div 1 - District 8