Not a lot of conversation

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Shad Kline » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:20 am

Wonder Dog wrote:I'll add my .2 cents and I'm going to be REAL HONEST HERE.

This is not a poke or jab at anyone -BUT-
This here district does have the MOST coaches on here "talking about nothings" when they should honestly be "trying" to prepare their teams.

Bronk (HI) & That_Guy_Shelton(Calvert).
If I were AD at any of these schools I'd have a football season message board ban for my asst coaches.
Only thing you could post would be the scores......Actually on 2nd thought, I'd have you text it to Granger to keep you focused on your duties and less attention to this message board.

I have yet to EVER see a Bret Tyler (Valley, Sterling City), Toby Goodwin (Ira), Trey Richey (Borden County), Vance Jones (Balmorhea), Jerry Burkhart (Richland Springs), Tye Keith (Happy) and this is just to name a FEW, get on here and post anything other than scores..... but they all have something in common.
THEY SPEND LESS TIME ON HERE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND MORE TIME ON THEIR X's AND O's WHICH TURNS INTO WINNING ON THE FIELD.


This is just my opinion.

I bet you can muster a win or two if ya worried more about your opponents than "Not a lot of conversation on district 16 division 2).

While your point is not wrong, I would also like to add that you see Chad Satcher (Mount Calm) on here a lot too. So, I don't think that whether you are on here or not really affects how good or bad your team is.
User avatar
Shad Kline
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Texman301 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:27 am

Heck, I am on here alot.......but my teams are bad because of my coaching skills, not because the kids are bad.......NOT A WORD COWBOY!!!!!!!
Texman301
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:01 am
Location: Lubbock

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby CowboyP » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:08 am

Texman301 wrote:Heck, I am on here alot.......but my teams are bad because of my coaching skills, not because the kids are bad.......NOT A WORD COWBOY!!!!!!!

Sure, give me a perfect opening to give you a hard time then tell me I can't!
User avatar
CowboyP
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6515
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Aquilla Sixmaniac
Blog: View Blog (8)

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby coachbronk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:28 am

Wonder Dog wrote:I'll add my .2 cents and I'm going to be REAL HONEST HERE.

This is not a poke or jab at anyone -BUT-
This here district does have the MOST coaches on here "talking about nothings" when they should honestly be "trying" to prepare their teams.

Bronk (HI) & That_Guy_Shelton(Calvert).
If I were AD at any of these schools I'd have a football season message board ban for my asst coaches.
Only thing you could post would be the scores......Actually on 2nd thought, I'd have you text it to Granger to keep you focused on your duties and less attention to this message board.

I have yet to EVER see a Bret Tyler (Valley, Sterling City), Toby Goodwin (Ira), Trey Richey (Borden County), Vance Jones (Balmorhea), Jerry Burkhart (Richland Springs), Tye Keith (Happy) and this is just to name a FEW, get on here and post anything other than scores..... but they all have something in common.
THEY SPEND LESS TIME ON HERE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND MORE TIME ON THEIR X's AND O's WHICH TURNS INTO WINNING ON THE FIELD.


This is just my opinion.

I bet you can muster a win or two if ya worried more about your opponents than "Not a lot of conversation on district 16 division 2).


I'm sure I will get widely criticized for getting defensive, etc, but I'm a little feisty today. Maybe because its GameDay or maybe its because I haven't had my Dr. Pepper yet, I don't know.

Just my 2 cents here...

I'm an educated man, but I can't tell you the posting habits of other coaches. What I do know is that over my 19 year coaching career, me spending approximately 5 minutes a week on a message board has had no bearing on the 2 National Championships I won as a coach, the multiple District Championships I've won as a coach, or even the National Coach of the Year Award I won as a coach.

Since you have no clue how much time my staff and I put in every day and every week to prepare our team to be their best and put them in the best possible to be successful, I don't suggest you judge me about being on a message board trying to promote our district and the kids who play in it.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:01 am
Location: Bastrop, Texas

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby THAT_GUY_SHELTON » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:33 am

coachbronk wrote:
Wonder Dog wrote:I'll add my .2 cents and I'm going to be REAL HONEST HERE.

This is not a poke or jab at anyone -BUT-
This here district does have the MOST coaches on here "talking about nothings" when they should honestly be "trying" to prepare their teams.

Bronk (HI) & That_Guy_Shelton(Calvert).
If I were AD at any of these schools I'd have a football season message board ban for my asst coaches.
Only thing you could post would be the scores......Actually on 2nd thought, I'd have you text it to Granger to keep you focused on your duties and less attention to this message board.

I have yet to EVER see a Bret Tyler (Valley, Sterling City), Toby Goodwin (Ira), Trey Richey (Borden County), Vance Jones (Balmorhea), Jerry Burkhart (Richland Springs), Tye Keith (Happy) and this is just to name a FEW, get on here and post anything other than scores..... but they all have something in common.
THEY SPEND LESS TIME ON HERE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND MORE TIME ON THEIR X's AND O's WHICH TURNS INTO WINNING ON THE FIELD.




This is just my opinion.

I bet you can muster a win or two if ya worried more about your opponents than "Not a lot of conversation on district 16 division 2).


I'm sure I will get widely criticized for getting defensive, etc, but I'm a little feisty today. Maybe because its GameDay or maybe its because I haven't had my Dr. Pepper yet, I don't know.

Just my 2 cents here...

I'm an educated man, but I can't tell you the posting habits of other coaches. What I do know is that over my 19 year coaching career, me spending approximately 5 minutes a week on a message board has had no bearing on the 2 National Championships I won as a coach, the multiple District Championships I've won as a coach, or even the National Coach of the Year Award I won as a coach.

Since you have no clue how much time my staff and I put in every day and every week to prepare our team to be their best and put them in the best possible to be successful, I don't suggest you judge me about being on a message board trying to promote our district and the kids who play in it.



"applauding loudly"

Well said Coach Bronk, well said.
THAT_GUY_SHELTON
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Kramer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:43 am

Well Mt. Calm is winning due to a football schedule that's softer than Covingtons... u don't belive me... compare those schedules

You can gloat about the titles you've won in 1980s, like we all say, what have u won today.

And with all those shiny national titles, yet u can't beat a Houston area private school and your current record is 1-4.

Use that many national title memory u have and let's muster a couple more wins or they'll replace you at high island with the guy at covington who is from that area

Lastly,
If u start a thread beware of what's said on it.....

You asked and I stated my opinion about this district.
Kramer
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Where the Bison USED to roam

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Kramer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:48 am

We'll have a quorum whenever Ware shows up.... wonder what jibberish he'll have to say
Kramer
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Where the Bison USED to roam

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby coachbronk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:50 am

Kramer wrote:Well Mt. Calm is winning due to a football schedule that's softer than Covingtons... u don't belive me... compare those schedules

You can gloat about the titles you've won in 1980s, like we all say, what have u won today.

And with all those shiny national titles, yet u can't beat a Houston area private school and your current record is 1-4.

Use that many national title memory u have and let's muster a couple more wins or they'll replace you at high island with the guy at covington who is from that area

Lastly,
If u start a thread beware of what's said on it.....

You asked and I stated my opinion about this district.


Never had an issue with your opinions. They are yours.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:01 am
Location: Bastrop, Texas

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby coachbronk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:50 am

Kramer wrote:Well Mt. Calm is winning due to a football schedule that's softer than Covingtons... u don't belive me... compare those schedules

You can gloat about the titles you've won in 1980s, like we all say, what have u won today.

And with all those shiny national titles, yet u can't beat a Houston area private school and your current record is 1-4.

Use that many national title memory u have and let's muster a couple more wins or they'll replace you at high island with the guy at covington who is from that area

Lastly,
If u start a thread beware of what's said on it.....

You asked and I stated my opinion about this district.


Btw, just curious, how many our games have you been to this year?
coachbronk
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:01 am
Location: Bastrop, Texas

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Wonder Dog » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:52 am

U won't see him I don't think on stupid threads but u will see That_Guy ....

Unless if ware is that guy Shelton or ware is having him post for him.

Heck we saw last week a coach order kids to take out an official.
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:01 am
Location: I love Jackson Hole Wyoming

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Shad Kline » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:11 am

Kramer wrote:Well Mt. Calm is winning due to a football schedule that's softer than Covingtons... u don't belive me... compare those schedules

That dog don't hunt. Mount Calm is winning because they are good. Weak schedule or not.
Do we not remember Richland Springs last however many state championships? Which season did they have a strong schedule? Having a strong or weak schedule does not make you a better or worse team. They are ranked high because they are good, not because they are winning against a weak schedule. The schedule will get significantly tougher come week 12.
User avatar
Shad Kline
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby coachsatcher » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:25 am

Shad Kline wrote:
Kramer wrote:Well Mt. Calm is winning due to a football schedule that's softer than Covingtons... u don't belive me... compare those schedules

That dog don't hunt. Mount Calm is winning because they are good. Weak schedule or not.
Do we not remember Richland Springs last however many state championships? Which season did they have a strong schedule? Having a strong or weak schedule does not make you a better or worse team. They are ranked high because they are good, not because they are winning against a weak schedule. The schedule will get significantly tougher come week 12.


Not sure who is and who isn't a coach, but when you take over a program, after a realignment, and after the schedule is complete; there are not many things you can do about your schedule and/or opponents. I will say, when the previous staff put together the schedule three years ago, most of these teams were equal to or better than Mount Calm. No worries though, we have already added Abbott and Calvert to our schedule next year, and are currently looking for a significant Week 1 game. Not afraid of scheduling good teams; just need a chance to do the schedule myself.
coachsatcher
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm
Location: Trinidad, TX

Previous

Return to Div 2 - District 16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest