Not a lot of conversation

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Not a lot of conversation

Postby coachbronk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:14 am

I'm a little surprised that there isn't more conversation about the teams in our district.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Re: Not a lot of conversation

Postby Count Coog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 am

Calvert
High Island
Buckholtz
Prairie Lea

This district is pretty straight forward.
Count Coog
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:21 am

Bronk

I don't wanna ruffle any feathers here but let's be REAL.

There isn't any talk about this district because it's flat out bad with the exception of calvert who is walking on egg shells cause of their 3 yrs of probation.

Prairie Lea hasn't been prominent since Geronimo roamed the plains. Only a true historian like Leman will know this answer.

Buckholts has an offspring called That Guy Shelton posting on everything and it's a bad program that can't keep a coach beyond a yr.

High island is getting beat by private school teams from the Houston area (and that's not good).
When has a private school team in 6 man from the Greater Houston Area won a Tapps title.

It's honestly the worst district in the state from 2-4.
Compare your 2 thru 4 with any district.

Quite bad...

There, you wanted a discussion.

Oh and the RU will be 45ed in bi district.
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:20 am

Kramer wrote:Bronk

There isn't any talk about this district because it's flat out bad with the exception of calvert who is walking on egg shells cause of their 3 yrs of probation.

Prairie Lea hasn't been prominent since Geronimo roamed the plains. Only a true historian like Leman will know this answer.

Buckholts has an offspring called That Guy Shelton posting on everything and it's a bad program that can't keep a coach beyond a yr.

High island is getting beat by private school teams from the Houston area (and that's not good).
When has a private school team in 6 man from the Greater Houston Area won a Tapps title.

Quite bad...

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion. Thats the great thing about message boards. I know we have some very good players inside our district that very few are talking about. I'm less concerned about championing a team, but instead, championing the players who are playing.

By the way, unless you have been to one of our games, I'd be careful about dismissing the private schools that we have played.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby JacketMom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:37 am

Well...Kramer is just a bowl-full of happy conversation.

Classy response Coach...and when you champion the players first, the team usually follows. See you on the 17th!!
JacketMom
6-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:04 pm

And my good old buddy kramer ruins it for everyone
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Try 1945
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby oldfat&bald » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Quite bad...

And people accuse me of being a blunt, cranky old fart.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby Count Coog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:30 pm

My favorite part is that someone asks for opinions, gets one that he doesn't like, and then goes into defense mode.

No sweetie, that dress doesn't make you look fat.
Count Coog
6-Man Fan

Postby ol' gus » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:44 pm

oldfat&bald wrote:

Quite bad...

And people accuse me of being a blunt, cranky old fart.

I don't think you're a fart.
ol' gus
6-Man Fan

Postby ol' gus » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Didn't Kramers response answer the question? Someone needs to ask another question.
ol' gus
6-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:26 am

Count Coog wrote:My favorite part is that someone asks for opinions, gets one that he doesn't like, and then goes into defense mode.

No sweetie, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

What part of my response was defensive? I didnt mind his comments because he is entitled to his opinions. I did ask for discussions, I got what I asked. Im happy about that. Ive been doing this for a long time; I dont get worked up about message board stuff because ultimately you have to do it on the field.

The only way you change peoples opinions on your team is to win games and make noise in the playoffs.

Ultimately, my goal is being met; I created a topic that is getting responses about our district.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:56 am

When was the last time all 4 teams in this district won during the same week.

When was the last time any of these schools had a .500 win percent or above going into district play.

When was last time someone won a playoff game (excluding Calvert).
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:29 am

Couldn't tell you. Great questions though. I look forward to building my program into a consistent winner though. Have good talent down here and we are heading in the right direction.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:53 am

I'll add my .2 cents and I'm going to be REAL HONEST HERE.

This is not a poke or jab at anyone -BUT-
This here district does have the MOST coaches on here "talking about nothings" when they should honestly be "trying" to prepare their teams.

Bronk (HI) & That_Guy_Shelton(Calvert).
If I were AD at any of these schools I'd have a football season message board ban for my asst coaches.
Only thing you could post would be the scores......Actually on 2nd thought, I'd have you text it to Granger to keep you focused on your duties and less attention to this message board.

I have yet to EVER see a Bret Tyler (Valley, Sterling City), Toby Goodwin (Ira), Trey Richey (Borden County), Vance Jones (Balmorhea), Jerry Burkhart (Richland Springs), Tye Keith (Happy) and this is just to name a FEW, get on here and post anything other than scores..... but they all have something in common.
THEY SPEND LESS TIME ON HERE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND MORE TIME ON THEIR X's AND O's WHICH TURNS INTO WINNING ON THE FIELD.

This is just my opinion.

I bet you can muster a win or two if ya worried more about your opponents than "Not a lot of conversation on district 16 division 2).
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

Next

Return to Div 2 - District 16