Fort Davis vs Water Valley

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Fort Davis vs Water Valley

Postby WV Player » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Isn't that saying something about the Mighty Wildcats when the worst things of our season was a barely win over Rankin? What a team!
WV Player
6-Man Fan

Postby paulbunyan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 pm

I agree. Well said. Rankin did pull ahead late in the game I believe. Not what I would call "easily" either. Bet round 2 turns out a little differently if the bulldogs don't take care of the problem first.
paulbunyan
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Player » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Bunyon, don't be raining on the Wildcat parade! I do think that Rankin will give us another good game, if they get to that point...we will be there after burying Ft Davis and then taking out Ira.
WV Player
6-Man Fan

Postby paulbunyan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Taking out Ira? Bold statement. Very bold.
paulbunyan
6-Man Fan

Postby Old_dirty_D » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:17 pm

@ the supposedly WVPlayer, you can say "what a team" when/if you make it to the Semi-Finals.. Right now yall are just another good team, nothing is Great about WV right now, playoffs are were greatness is achieved, not in a non district game against a at the time stumped Rankin team with a key player on the sideline.. On top of that, If I can remember right that key player lite yalls world up last season during the Bi-District round.
Old_dirty_D
6-Man Fan

Postby WV Player » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 pm

10-0 not great? How many ranked teams fell at our feet? Again, Ira might give us a game, but we are a team of destiny. It is our time! Get on board!
WV Player
6-Man Fan

Postby Old_dirty_D » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:29 pm

I thought you said you and the cats would " roll over Ira", and Rankin would be the challenge ? What's it going to be? All this lying to yourself has got you jacked up. How about you focus on your first playoff game before you start yapping about games that will appear further in the playoffs. It doesnt matter if you were 10-0 or 2-8, everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs.. Yall got slapped down by a 3-7 Rankin team around this time last year.
Old_dirty_D
6-Man Fan

Postby paulbunyan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 am

I do recall the slap down. That happens with basketball schools sometimes. Football is fun till it's time to hit the court. Same thing will get them this year although I am thinking it might take a little longer this year. Probably til next week.
paulbunyan
6-Man Fan

Postby TotalAccess6 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:38 am

I agree with you 110% last year. Still playing on talent alone last year but we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and i can actually go to a game now knowing we will not be outcoached. For example, critical point in playoff game last year, 4th and short and the decision was to pass the ball. Cost us the game. Other kids were put into positions they hadn't played in all year. Why change? I can also excuse and say our best player was hurt but i think it was more of coaching experience. I went i-to the game last year with no confidence just as i am going into this game and the next 4 with an extreme amount of confidence. Cant wait for saturday to let everybody know i told you so. 45 those indians!
TotalAccess6
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 am

TotalAccess6 wrote:I agree with you 110% last year. Still playing on talent alone last year but we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and i can actually go to a game now knowing we will not be outcoached. For example, critical point in playoff game last year, 4th and short and the decision was to pass the ball. Cost us the game. Other kids were put into positions they hadn't played in all year. Why change? I can also excuse and say our best player was hurt but i think it was more of coaching experience. I went i-to the game last year with no confidence just as i am going into this game and the next 4 with an extreme amount of confidence. Cant wait for saturday to let everybody know i told you so. 45 those indians!

That's kinda like saying the pope is extremely Catholic...........
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby pojocrusader » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:05 am

smokeyjoe53 wrote:
TotalAccess6 wrote:I agree with you 110% last year. Still playing on talent alone last year but we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and i can actually go to a game now knowing we will not be outcoached. For example, critical point in playoff game last year, 4th and short and the decision was to pass the ball. Cost us the game. Other kids were put into positions they hadn't played in all year. Why change? I can also excuse and say our best player was hurt but i think it was more of coaching experience. I went i-to the game last year with no confidence just as i am going into this game and the next 4 with an extreme amount of confidence. Cant wait for saturday to let everybody know i told you so. 45 those indians!

That's kinda like saying the pope is extremely Catholic...........

its EXTREMELY fun to watch the meltdown huh?
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:47 am

WV Player wrote:10-0 not great? How many ranked teams fell at our feet? Again, Ira might give us a game, but we are a team of destiny. It is our time! Get on board!

If you are trying to pick up the foamymouth one's mantle, you need to be a little more over-the-top.......
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby pojocrusader » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 am

obk from an outside perspective............whats the chance fort davis can upset WV?
pojocrusader
6-Man Fan

Postby oneshot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:19 pm

I have watched and read in silence for many years and have observed both Fort Davis and Water Valley from a very close perspective. I will not predict the outcome of the game; however, I will predict a very hard fought contest. The Fort Davis kids have always amazed me with the carriage they have with an apparent perpetual "underdog" status. It should be a very good game.
oneshot
11-Man Fan

Postby TotalAccess6 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Can everyone feel the calm before the storm tonight? We are less than 24 hours from a beatdown.
TotalAccess6
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Div 1 - District 5