GOP

anything else?

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: GOP

Postby rainjacktx » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:28 pm

topher80 wrote:The GOP is just... in utter shambles. It is very disheartening to see and read every day how the party sinks deeper and deeper into the quagmire.

It appears that the GOP is in more of a state of failure than the Democrats only because the progressive left owns mainstream media. Make no mistake - both major parties are in shambles. You're just not hearing about the abysmal state of the left on CNN.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfat&bald » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:03 pm

How are y'all liking the news that the FBI is reopening the Clinton email investigation? I wonder what happens first. The wiki leaks dump or Comey commuting suicide by shooting himself in the head six times with a five shot revolver?
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby TexianDoc » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Old Bearkat wrote:Image

I. Would. Pay. To see this

TexianDoc
TexianDoc
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby topher80 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:23 am

rainjacktx wrote:
topher80 wrote:The GOP is just... in utter shambles. It is very disheartening to see and read every day how the party sinks deeper and deeper into the quagmire.

It appears that the GOP is in more of a state of failure than the Democrats only because the progressive left owns mainstream media. Make no mistake - both major parties are in shambles. You're just not hearing about the abysmal state of the left on CNN.

Oh I agree with you rainjack... but the Dems look set to be in for another 8 years unless the GOP can work a massive miracle.
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby Starcaller » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:51 am

Miracle is happening now.
Starcaller
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I am happy that we can have the distraction of the World Series and High School football during this election!

But I love to play pundit just as much as the next guy and with less than 3 days till the election this is what Im going to predict:

I think it comes down to North Carolina.

We all know that when predicting this it's a matter of filling out the Electoral College map and NC is just to close to call I think more than any other state (save New Hampshire but that one matters less than NC)

I'm grouping the Swing States into categories here:

More Red than is being discussed: Trump wins these states
Georgia, Arizona, Nevada

More Blue than is being discussed: Clinton wins these
Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Mexico, Michigan

States that are close but 3rd Party Candidate plays a major roll:
This is the biggest thing that will swing this election and is not really being talked about! While I put New Mexico into the Clinton side...Gary Johnson has polled over 20% there and I dont think polls really track 3rd parties as well as the major two...still think NM is blue...but...Johnson is what is making New Hampshire up for grabs for Trump and the same with Iowa and Colorado (all state Johnson is very popular in). I think the Johnson effect give Trump Iowa and Colorado, but NH stays blue.

McMullin in Utah is hurting Trump but like New Mexico I dont think the 3rd party will win the state, so this one will stay a Red state.

So that leaves us North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, to decide it all: I see Ohio as Red (been trending red for a while now), and Florida I think is Red...that leaves NC for the win...which I think based on the way the last 2 years worth of news coming out of NC the Dems will turn out better than the Republicans and it goes blue and Clinton wins.

Basically Clinton has to win 2 of these 5 and Trump has to win 4 of the 5: North Carolina, Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Colorado

But heck who knows
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby freeagent » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:26 pm

CoachMiller wrote:318.9 Million people and we have these ones to choose from.

There was a great line back several years ago when Rick Perry had three opponents running against him for re-election (2006?).

There are only three people in the State of Texas that Rick Perry could beat in an election. Fortunately for him, all three of them are running against him.
freeagent
6Man Authority

Postby Leman Saunders » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm

and it's game day...also I would like to point out a 269 to 269 tie is also very possible...interesting that since my last post Michigan has become a toss up in the eyes of many
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Little Doc » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:19 pm

I hope all those movie stars have got their bags packed for their move to Canada. I wish them well!
Little Doc
6-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:23 am

ahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha wow!

and no, no movie stars allowed. not even former Canuck ones.
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:38 am

These characters make the same threats every election since 1980 and none of them, except Johnny Depp, ever carried through with it, and even he did not stay very long in France. Never fear Topher, you guys are not about to be invaded by a bunch of Hollywierd idiots.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Postby topher80 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:50 am

ahhh thank God. We never want Jim Carrey back... EVER. ;)

The American people have spoken and I do hope and pray for your nation that it does become great again. Time will only tell. Hillary is going to jail now I assume? ;)
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:42 am

Obama has yet to use any lame duck pardons. I feel sure Hilliary will be on his list. Clintons do not do jail time.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:42 am

topher80 wrote:ahhh thank God. We never want Jim Carrey back... EVER. ;)

The American people have spoken and I do hope and pray for your nation that it does become great again. Time will only tell. Hillary is going to jail now I assume? ;)

Don't hold your breath on that! I bet she gets a full pardon from the current denizen of the White House.

You sure you don't want Jim Carrey or Shatner back????
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

PreviousNext

Return to Non-sports related topics