GOP

anything else?

Moderators: granger, mjda76384, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

GOP

Postby topher80 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 pm

... *sigh*. The Republicans are so screwed. I was hoping for change in America and that the GOP would have put up a better candidate and fight against the Dems. I think Goob would be more qualified... even though he'd repaint the White House in the blue and white of the Coyotes. ;)

Unbelievable stuff in the past few weeks and the Washington Post sat on that video of Trump in order to release at a time that it hurt him the most. He is done. Hillary is in... another 4 years of Dems in power whether you like it or not.

Shame on the GOP for not putting Goob as their front runner! LOLOL
topher80
6-Man Fan

Re: GOP

Postby Old Bearkat » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:05 am

Goob would also be better than Trudeau lite you have up there in the frozen steppes. You guys are going to get your version of 0bama.....
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby topher80 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:52 am

Yup and yup!
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:55 am

topher80 wrote:Yup and yup!

Are folks up there stocking up on precious metals like gold and lead?
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Postby Little Doc » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 am

Trump has said a lot of things he shouldn't have said, but he hasn't done anything illegal. Hillary is from the upper echelon and has done a lot of illegal things and gotten by with it. Isn't lying to Congress about emails and Bengazi punishable offenses?? Maybe I don't know the laws that apply to full-time, career politicians. Are they different from those that apply to us and Martha Stewart? Not that Martha fits my group of citizens.
Little Doc
6-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:37 pm

I never said anything about Hillary other than she is going to win cause Donald's mouth lost him the election. They are all crooks, cheats, etc.

I was thinking more people would comment on Goob.. lol
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Even rainjack might vote for goob over the other two choices.
I try not to comment about politics. Have no faith in the traditional two party system but it is (purposefully) the only one we have. What disturbs me in this round of elections is the level to which the discourse has sunken. This is how a younger generation is learning to interact act with each other in public?
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfat&bald » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:59 pm

51eleven wrote:Even rainjack might vote for goob over the other two choices.
I try not to comment about politics. Have no faith in the traditional two party system but it is (purposefully) the only one we have. What disturbs me in this round of elections is the level to which the discourse has sunken. This is how a younger generation is learning to interact act with each other in public?

I'm still trying to figure out how they're supposed to learn to respect and obey the law. Damn sure ain't learning it from the Clintons.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:56 am

51eleven wrote: Have no faith in the traditional two party system but it is (purposefully) the only one we have.

It's not a two party system, it's a uni-party system.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Postby topher80 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:58 am

51eleven: Your post is probably one of the most level headed things I have seen this entire election. It is a sad state of affairs when both nominees are scumbags and Americans are forced to either spoil their ballot or choose the lesser of two evils (which is a hard choice depending on how you look at this election).
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby Little Doc » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:41 am

It's a sad sign of our society! One candidate can't tell the truth, and the other one can't keep his foot out of his mouth. Only hope we have to have an honorable person as our president is to .......Oh, that's not possible. We are a joke in the eyes of other countries. It's an embarrassment!
Little Doc
6-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:10 am

Little Doc: As much as it pains me to say, I agree with you. I love America, always have but this election has indeed made your great nation a laughing stock around the world. What a horrible example for the younger generation of Americans to witness...
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:51 am

This is what a frog must feel like once he realizes the water is too hot but he can't jump out of the pot. Liberty - true personal liberty is a thing of the past. People on both sides of the political divide have sold their souls in exchange for their liberty. They are now called "entitlements".

We are starting the 7th decade of the welfare state. Social Security is starting its 9th decade. That's over 80 years of vote buying. That's not even counting the other pork-barrel, vote-buying schemes of countless other elected officials.

And those elected officials have handed over their duties of making law to unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats, whose benchmark for success is how many rules they can write, and how big they can get their budget - and how much money they can scam from lobbyists.

But we're too interested in watching cat videos on youtube to really care. We have become indentured servants to the federal government, and it's okay as long as they don't cut our benefits. When the takers outnumber the makers, you no longer have a republic.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby topher80 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:21 am

That was very well said rainjack. The more I read every day, the sicker I feel inside. Unfortunately, as you said, most people are too busy watching cat videos on YouTube to bother to learn, process, understand, formulate a rational and reasonable opinion that they can live with, and then to exercise their democratic duty, to vote.
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby Coach Brand » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 am

Interesting fact from the 3rd debate.......in two different "focus groups" compiled of undecided voters, one on CNN and one on FoxNews, both groups agreed Hillary won the debate, but both groups had more voters who committed to Trump afterwards.

In my opinion, Hillary won all 3 debates. Her responses were well rehearsed. Her movements, gestures, and expressions were robotic. She is a political puppet or machine whichever you prefer.

But I will still vote TRUMP!
Coach Brand
6-Man Fan

Next

Return to Non-sports related topics