Newby

anything else?

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: Newby

Postby Dogface2 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:08 am

Actually,
I thought about it.
User avatar
Dogface2
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: The not knowing's half the fun!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Newby

Postby oldfat&bald » Fri May 03, 2019 2:28 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Just because you have nothing destructive to say should not stop you from posting.............


I think the “Coaching Carousel” thread is where all the destructive talking goes.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2823
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: The Beautiful South Plains of W TX

Re: Newby

Postby Dogface2 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Here is for bloating your post count.
I cant believe we havent reached 600pgs yet.
Darn.
User avatar
Dogface2
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: The not knowing's half the fun!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Newby

Postby Blue Bird » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 am

Has anyone seen any sign of DCTF? I have bought a copy every year since around 1990. Just don't seem to get as excited about as I have in the past.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Newby

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:31 am

Blue Bird wrote:Has anyone seen any sign of DCTF? I have bought a copy every year since around 1990. Just don't seem to get as excited about as I have in the past.

I believe that’s called aging........attention spans seem to shorten as we mature..... I saw something about Dave Campbell doing an autograph session in Waco the other day.......
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Newby

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:50 pm

FYI............you really shouldn’t try to make jerky in your DSW’s clothes dryer.......... not that I would do that .............ever again..............
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Newby

Postby Blue Bird » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:19 am

It is time to move this rag on a little more. So....my latest hog adventure. The caliche road I was driving on crossed a creek and then curved around two sides of about a 40 acre field. I saw about eight adult hogs strung out in a single file running pretty hard across the middle on the field. I was keeping pace with them when the lead hog saw me and stopped...for about twenty seconds, then he started running full out to escape across the road. Being in a pickup I could and did out run them to the crossing point with a vague idea of running over one or two. Didn't happen, those hogs stopped at the fence line under tree and just waited. I was sitting in a pickup with no gun about eight yards from them wondering what I could do next. Which, of course, was nothing. I have since thought that my twelve gauge with double ought buckshot would have been the perfect weapon at that range. I even have some confidence that I could indeed hit the broad side of a barn with a shot gun. I will probably never have that same setup happen again.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Newby

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:43 am

Blue Bird wrote:It is time to move this rag on a little more. So....my latest hog adventure. The caliche road I was driving on crossed a creek and then curved around two sides of about a 40 acre field. I saw about eight adult hogs strung out in a single file running pretty hard across the middle on the field. I was keeping pace with them when the lead hog saw me and stopped...for about twenty seconds, then he started running full out to escape across the road. Being in a pickup I could and did out run them to the crossing point with a vague idea of running over one or two. Didn't happen, those hogs stopped at the fence line under tree and just waited. I was sitting in a pickup with no gun about eight yards from them wondering what I could do next. Which, of course, was nothing. I have since thought that my twelve gauge with double ought buckshot would have been the perfect weapon at that range. I even have some confidence that I could indeed hit the broad side of a barn with a shot gun. I will probably never have that same setup happen again.


No gun in pickup????? I keep guns in every vehicle mainly for the event you just described. I even keep one on my tractor.
And a shotgun does work great on hogs in our country. Rarely do I see any hogs more than 15-20 yards away.
I like a little youth model 20 gauge with #4 shot.
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Newby

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:45 am

By the way I am thinking of organizing a wild ass hunt. .........
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Newby

Postby Blue Bird » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:25 am

Do you have some worthless, uncatchable burros in your area? Or is this another way of saying "snipe" hunt?
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Newby

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:15 pm

The former..........I think they would make excellent shoulder mounts for Granger’s office.........it would remind him of us......
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Newby

Postby olderelk » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:23 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:The former..........I think they would make excellent shoulder mounts for Granger’s office.........it would remind him of us......

Now that's 'rite funny :)
olderelk
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Newby

Postby FCSA football » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Might be a better reminder if it was a mount of the south end of a north bound horse !
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Newby

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Y’all ever stop and think that we have adults(for the most part) on a message board about a kid’s game acting like pre-schoolers?............
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Newby

Postby rainjacktx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:55 am

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Y’all ever stop and think that we have adults(for the most part) on a message board about a kid’s game acting like pre-schoolers?............



You say that like it's a bad thing.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

PreviousNext

Return to Non-sports related topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests