Mr. Trump

anything else?

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: Mr. Trump

Postby TebowTime15 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:58 pm

Yes sir, I would praise Obama for saluating a North Korean General; In fact, I actually liked Obama's policy of taking steps to open up Cuba. Unlike the communist world before the collapse of the Soviet Union, North Korea and Cuba cannot compete economically and remain isolated in a world full of capitalist countries. While Cuba seems to be less aggressive than North Korea, they are both bad regimes.

The best way to deal with them, in my opinion, is to expose them to capitalism as much as possible. While I understand the moralistic position of "don't give them legitimacy," it's hard to argue they are not the legitimate governments of their respective countries. Until their own people topple them, the United States and the rest of the world will have to deal with them. In my opinion, Dennis Rodman and the Cruiseship Industry constitute the most effective weapons against North Korea and Cuba respectively. Not only is capitalism superior to communism, it's not even a debate since the Soviet Union collapsed and China became a love of free-market economics.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:54 am

Oh China does love them some free market economy with "communist characteristics".... lolol

As per my post about The Atlantic article...

https://youtu.be/2lRyVzHdtfo?t=273

Mr. Goldberg = Fired. What a bunch of road apples he spewed out in the few minutes from where that link starts. Put them on the record or retract and resign Jeffery.
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 pm

How on earth did Biden stay awake during his town hall? Surely he put back several cups of coffee or sodas beforehand. It's late and he is very old.... lol ;)
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Well that was giant waste of time tonight.

1) Trump was rude and un-Presidental
2) Biden is totally lost and cannot actually articulate his vision for the White House
3) Chris Wallace should never have been the moderator as he couldn't shut up Trump and handled Biden with kid gloves.

Trump has to stop with the voting fraud thing... that's OAN level of crazy.
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:51 pm

topher800 wrote:Well that was giant waste of time tonight.

1) Trump was rude and un-Presidental
2) Biden is totally lost and cannot actually articulate his vision for the White House
3) Chris Wallace should never have been the moderator as he couldn't shut up Trump and handled Biden with kid gloves.

Trump has to stop with the voting fraud thing... that's OAN level of crazy.

1. Right, he was, but then again he was in 2016 also. And hey, who doesn’t like a MMA cage fight ?
2. Right again, but remember he was for it before he was against it, errr.... I mean against it before he was for it, or maybe it was he was against it and for it at the same time....humm
3.yep, no argument there. But, hey, let the guys play and keep the ref out of it, right ? :(
( see we do agree on some things) :)
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:15 am

The election will be close as long as Biden can put together grammatically correct sentences . I think Trump kept interrupting in an attempt to throw Biden off and make him start stuttering. While I realize Biden's substance makes very little sense, it did at least make sense grammatically.

This debate probably will not change many minds to be honest. Trump did a good job of making Biden chose between alienating moderates vs. Bernie supporters. He needs to keep doing that since Biden is trying to appeal to both. I thought Biden seemed hopeful and put together mostly coherent sentences. If he starts stuttering during one of the debates, however, this thing is over.

Chris Wallace did okay, but he should correct Biden about Russian collusion. While I hate it when the media "fact checks" issues that are not black and white, there was no Russian collusion after 3 years+ of fishing for evidence. I guess I prefer this format to the moderator asking obviously bias questions.

You, Topher, know an attorney is investigating the process surrounding "the Russian collusion" investigation? It might be advisable to watch more OAN because there is a lot of evidence, actually.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:59 am

FCSA football wrote:1. Right, he was, but then again he was in 2016 also. And hey, who doesn’t like a MMA cage fight ?
2. Right again, but remember he was for it before he was against it, errr.... I mean against it before he was for it, or maybe it was he was against it and for it at the same time....humm
3.yep, no argument there. But, hey, let the guys play and keep the ref out of it, right ? :(
( see we do agree on some things) :)

Yes sir, we do. :)

TebowTime15 wrote:The election will be close as long as Biden can put together grammatically correct sentences . I think Trump kept interrupting in an attempt to throw Biden off and make him start stuttering. While I realize Biden's substance makes very little sense, it did at least make sense grammatically.

This debate probably will not change many minds to be honest. Trump did a good job of making Biden chose between alienating moderates vs. Bernie supporters. He needs to keep doing that since Biden is trying to appeal to both. I thought Biden seemed hopeful and put together mostly coherent sentences. If he starts stuttering during one of the debates, however, this thing is over.

Chris Wallace did okay, but he should correct Biden about Russian collusion. While I hate it when the media "fact checks" issues that are not black and white, there was no Russian collusion after 3 years+ of fishing for evidence. I guess I prefer this format to the moderator asking obviously bias questions.

You, Topher, know an attorney is investigating the process surrounding "the Russian collusion" investigation? It might be advisable to watch more OAN because there is a lot of evidence, actually.

Absolutely it was a tactic by Donald to trigger Biden's memory problems however as the debate wore on, Sleepy Joe adjusted and was able to handle the constant interruptions **slightly** better. You are right though, more than half the things that Biden said while grammatically correct made little sense.

Donald was just plain rude and dodged questions and kept up with his usual rhetoric. And fair enough, its worked for him so far so why not?

As for Russian collusion, the word collusion is a bit strong. The Russian posted crap on social media. The United States have 'colluded' far more in foreign nations elections than what the Russians did to Hillary in 2016. So meh on the entire issue.

No one should watch OAN... bunch of crackpots that are 10x worse than the crackpots on CNN. And that is saying a lot... lol

To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to the future debates because I don't really see anything changing. Both candidates will lower themselves to calling each other names and claiming each is lying. Donald won't shut up and Biden will ramble his, as I posted last night, incoherent vision of the White House. I find it mindboggling with 320+ million people in the USA, that these are the two people that are vying for the most powerful job in the world. :(
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:59 pm

How many times have you watched OAN? Their straight news is way better than the mainstream media straight news. They even cover international news pretty well.

As long as Biden can get sentences out of his mouth, I think the debates are pretty meaningless. Trump might try to be more "presidential," but like you said that just isn't his style. Trump did a good job of making Biden offend, regardless of his answer, the two opposite ends of his party. How many Bernie Bros stay home? That might decide the election!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby oldergoat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:08 pm

No one ever said these are the best 2 for the office of President. One is much more qualified (Trump) than the other (Biden). There are 1,000's, maybe even 100,000's people that are much more qualified than Biden but they are Republicans.
Then again Biden is the "most qualified" of the democrats so there is that. And that is not saying much. A little like saying the 0-10 team could have won state if they could have just made the playoffs.
oldergoat
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:35 am

oldergoat wrote:No one ever said these are the best 2 for the office of President. One is much more qualified (Trump) than the other (Biden). There are 1,000's, maybe even 100,000's people that are much more qualified than Biden but they are Republicans.
Then again Biden is the "most qualified" of the democrats so there is that. And that is not saying much. A little like saying the 0-10 team could have won state if they could have just made the playoffs.

...... I am not even sure what to say to that. But okay, let's go with it! :)
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 am

TebowTime15 wrote:How many times have you watched OAN? Their straight news is way better than the mainstream media straight news. They even cover international news pretty well.

As long as Biden can get sentences out of his mouth, I think the debates are pretty meaningless. Trump might try to be more "presidential," but like you said that just isn't his style. Trump did a good job of making Biden offend, regardless of his answer, the two opposite ends of his party. How many Bernie Bros stay home? That might decide the election!

Since it is not available here in Canada via TV packages, I was forced to find a website with a live stream to it. I gave it a good enough go to know that its the right's version of crackpot lefty CNN on steroids. Though, I will give you that their international news coverage was decent. See we don't always butt heads about things ;) lol

You are absolutely right about the debates, no MAGA supporter is going to change their mind because Trump was rude or because Biden was able to get out a coherent sentence. And vice versa, no Dem is going to change their mind for Trump based on the debates. Biden has to keep trying to get those sentences out without losing his train of thought.. and that is a difficult prospect. Trump has to interrupt less and make sure he plans out strong statements for big issues. He dropped the ball on the whole white supremists thing. Of course the media blew it out of proportion however he should have just said, as he has in the past, I condemn them... not reply with something vague like that Proud Boys comment. Its silly things like that on both sides that both men need to correct. If the Bernie Bros., as you call them and I've never heard that but I like it, stay home then 4 more years of MAGA. If they turn out in full force, I'd say that you'll have a new President who spends most of his days in the Oval Office napping.

Oh and again, he's gotta stop with that voter fraud thing... I get it, it's a tactic on the part of his campaign, but it mocks the entire nation and the well established electoral process.
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:17 am

The following is excerpted from a letter from Dr. James Dobson:

“How will Americans, and how will you, decide who to vote for as our Chief Executive Officer? I have heard from dozens of friends and acquaintances in recent weeks who tell me they will base their decision solely on a candidate's rhetoric, tone, style, or likeability.
This is not a junior high or high school popularity/personality contest. I'm not voting for the person—I'm voting for the platform!

I'm voting for the Second Amendment. I'm voting for the next Supreme Court justice. I'm voting for the electoral college. I'm voting for the Republic in which we live. I'm voting for the police and law and order. I'm voting for the military and the veterans who fought and died for this country. I'm voting for the flag that is often missing from public events. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored for it. I'm voting for secure borders. I'm voting for freedom and the American dream. I'm voting for good and against evil. I'm not just voting for one person.
I'm also voting for candidates who will exercise sound leadership internationally. I'm voting for those who will support Israel. I'm voting for those who will protect children from leftist curricula. I'm voting for the nation's fiscal integrity.
With all respect, this election isn't about you. It certainly isn't about me. It is about our kids and grandkids. This vote has awesome implications for future generations and the nation we love. It is about our Constitution and the immutable, God-given rights it protects. It is about values, and truth, and greatness, and hope. That is why the notion of choosing a president based on frivolous personality characteristics is frivolous in itself.”
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 am

smokey, a worthy post in a very uncertain time. While each of us may agree 100% with Dobson and even those who may disagree with parts of his text, it is an important message all the same. Thank you sir!

smokey for the White House! SFTWH! sffffhtwuhhuh ;)
topher800
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:39 am

While I agree with 99.9% of Smokey's post, there is a large part of the Democrat Party that believes our country is morally corrupt. Most people know who they are voting for, so it comes down to turnout on election day.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby topher800 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:58 am

TebowTime15 wrote:While I agree with 99.9% of Smokey's post, there is a large part of the Democrat Party that believes our country is morally corrupt. Most people know who they are voting for, so it comes down to turnout on election day.

Yep turnout decides it.

The Dems blame the morally bankrupt POTUS for the country being corrupt. But even if it was say, Mitt Romney or whoever instead of Donald, the Dems would still think the same thing. That's their bloody ego coming into play thinking they can restore morality in America. Having a con man as a President just gives them gasoline to throw on the fire they created. Ugh... repugnant on part of Dems.
topher800
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Non-sports related topics