Second Amendment

anything else?

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, Red_Devil_DDS, Old Bearkat

Re: Second Amendment

Postby 51eleven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:05 am

topher80 wrote:OBK: Thank you!! I appreciate your post as it clearly defines what the militia means in the US. :)

Not exactly, a few people have had their own extreme definitions. Some ended badly.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... ruby-ridge

https://www.texasobserver.org/the-standoff-in-waco/
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 pm

topher80 wrote:OBK: Thank you!! I appreciate your post as it clearly defines what the militia means in the US. :)

You're quite welcome. Many folks on the gun control side here try to ignore this law in their interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. The law is very old but has been amended/updated several times.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby topher80 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 pm

And that is seemingly a huge problem. People don't ask questions or want to hear all the answers/point of view. The narrow scope of thinking in today's society is pathetic but easily controllable. If people truly informed themselves of matters far and wide, it would be a lot more difficult to govern such a people because they wouldn't put up with the governmental s&*t that happens daily around the world.
topher80
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:18 am

topher80 wrote:The wording in the constitution presents a whole heap of problems in itself...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I read that as it is a militia, such as the modern day National Guard, who should be armed and willing to defend against governmental tyranny. Naturally, the wording can be read and interpreted a number of ways to support one's point of view/beliefs.

I pray for the senseless killing of innocent citizens to end.

You read it wrong. "well regulated militia" is probably the most misunderstood and misapplied portion of the 2nd Amendment.

"Well regulated" in the vernacular of the times meant "fine working order". Like a well crafted watch.

"Militia" consisted of every male citizen in the US. All US citizens are part of the militia.

This nonsense that the 2nd Amendment is intended for hunting and home/family protection is a load of donkey dung. The 2nd Amendment is a God-given right to protect our society from invaders, tyrants, and our own government. No government has the right to disarm, or in any way infringe on a person's liberty....unless mindless dolts willingly cede that natural right to a government that will gladly, and selfishly usurp it.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to Non-sports related topics