Week One

For private and home school teams, this is the place.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Week One

Postby WarEagle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Old76er wrote:
WarEagle wrote:I know I wish more dads what get involved, last year was fun.

In all seriousness though I think CP, while young has a lot of potential(yeah I know I am biased lol). Who knows what the journey will be this year, but as always will be fun.

Good luck to every team out there....

-War Eagle

Nothing like the old “war eagle” “dirty bay” rivalry to get things going. Things have been pretty quiet going into week 1. Nothing like last year. Hey war eagle and dirty bay... what are the chances you guys get 45d?

Really 45'd!!!! Here is my take.

CP lost to a great team last year in Baytown, but the officiating in that game was complete trash and derailed any momentum CP had early on(yeah I am biased and loud during games, but I have officiated for years and CP scored on that first and goal). That said Baytown still wins that game but not by 45. As far as this year CP has some ballers and will fight as I know Baytown does as well. Not predicting outcomes, but I know CP will show up as I am also certain Baytown will!!!
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Polluted Bay don't count out CP like that come on!!
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm

WarEagle wrote:
Old76er wrote:

In all seriousness though I think CP, while young has a lot of potential(yeah I know I am biased lol). Who knows what the journey will be this year, but as always will be fun.

-War Eagle

Nothing like the old “war eagle” “dirty bay” rivalry to get things going. Things have been pretty quiet going into week 1. Nothing like last year. Hey war eagle and dirty bay... what are the chances you guys get 45d?

CP lost to a great team last year in Baytown, but the officiating in that game was complete trash and derailed any momentum CP had early on(yeah I am biased and loud during games, but I have officiated for years and CP scored on that first and goal). That said Baytown still wins that game but not by 45. As far as this year CP has some ballers and will fight as I know Baytown does as well. Not predicting outcomes, but I know CP will show up as I am also certain Baytown will!!!

No disrespect.. just asking what the chances are. Lots of talk of NBCA having a solid passing game. Can cedar park matchup and still bring pressure? Also a lot of talk on baytown being a close game with haslet. Maybe dirty bay knows something we don’t.
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Old76er wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
Old76er wrote:

-War Eagle

No disrespect.. just asking what the chances are. Lots of talk of NBCA having a solid passing game. Can cedar park matchup and still bring pressure? Also a lot of talk on baytown being a close game with haslet. Maybe dirty bay knows something we don’t.

I know you aren't. I also know it is going to be a great weekend!!

--War Eagle!!
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Good luck to all
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby wrenchman540 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Ft worth Naz 64 Evant 74
wrenchman540
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:50 pm

WarEagle wrote:Polluted Bay don't count out CP like that come on!!

I have to see if CP coach will run the same O he had with the talented QB or adjust. Alot of what they did was on his shoulders. WarEagle knows but i don't expect him to give too good of a scouting report out.

NBCA is a known passing team. We know the younger Hoeing brother is a great defender...other than him, hmmm?
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 pm

Just don't see how BCA can be as dominant this year as last with so many skilled players gone. Last year they had athletes at all positions. Well, those men have graduated. Returning team has younger guys coming in...first game...TCAF state champs...Day game....

All I'm saying is anyone saying 45 knows something I don't know. I still expect to see BCA [including a win in this game] in the finals come December but that team last year was special! Probably gonna be tougher goings this ride.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am

DirtyBayBulldog wrote:Just don't see how BCA can be as dominant this year as last with so many skilled players gone. Last year they had athletes at all positions. Well, those men have graduated. Returning team has younger guys coming in...first game...TCAF state champs...Day game....

All I'm saying is anyone saying 45 knows something I don't know. I still expect to see BCA [including a win in this game] in the finals come December but that team last year was special! Probably gonna be tougher goings this ride.

Looking at the haslet roster (if correct) they are loaded with seniors and juniors. This may be a better game than most are predicting.
I am also curious to see if cedar park coach makes adjustments or stays with his offense. I would think it would be hard to do with the way their QB slung it last year.
NBCA is known for passing as well. Will see what adjustments they make as I believe their QB has been changed twice in the last couple of years.
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:03 am

Anyone attend the Allen or Emery Classics?

Takeaways?
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby jaguars_rule » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am

Was at the Emery game last night, team looked solid, younger players on defense were aggressive and coming up and tackling well.

Would love to get a report from Bryan v. logos, spread was way off on that game.
jaguars_rule
11-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:12 pm

jaguars_rule wrote:Was at the Emery game last night, team looked solid, younger players on defense were aggressive and coming up and tackling well.

Would love to get a report from Bryan v. logos, spread was way off on that game.

Did not attend the game but...
With a score like that it would be hard to get a solid look at either team. I would have liked to see emery take on a little tougher team. High island, Baytown, and Haslet are all in the classic this year.
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby jaguars_rule » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:20 pm

It is my understanding Emery’s original opponent last night backed out. Emery is playing High Island next weekend and Baytown Christian in the middle of the season. With that said, your point is well taken.
jaguars_rule
11-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:26 pm

jaguars_rule wrote:It is my understanding Emery’s original opponent last night backed out. Emery is playing High Island next weekend and Baytown Christian in the middle of the season. With that said, your point is well taken.

Well pretty much sounds like they had no options. Either way emery is always competitive and well prepared! Look forward to seeing them next week against some stiffer competition.
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 pm

WarEagle...any updates?
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Private School Topics