Playoff matchups

For private and home school teams, this is the place.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby TightLines » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:41 pm

New to six man football, found this site today... guess I can watch the Baytown team since I live out on the East side. Maybe I can make 101 heck might get a few friends to go with me.
TightLines
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:18 pm

TightLines wrote:New to six man football, found this site today... guess I can watch the Baytown team since I live out on the East side. Maybe I can make 101 heck might get a few friends to go with me.


You will be entertained! Best ball being played on this side behind North Shore!!!
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby Old76er » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Emery weiner may have something to say about that! They are playing some very good ball. Will see where they stand after this weeks matchup
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby WarEagle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:27 am

Old76er wrote:I think a game that may surprise some people in D3 this week would be the Fredericksburg vs Dallas Tyler Street game. DT have been playing good ball as of late. Not sure if they had some injuries early on but they played Weatherford pretty close and a lot of people on this board like Weatherfords shot at the state title. Thoughts?


I think Freddy will roll as they played in a very tough division. In fact I am concerned about having to play Living rock again as that is a good team as well. Should be a very interesting few weeks.

-War eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:48 am

In Division 2 I think its unanimous that Bulverde will take home the crown if they stay healthy.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby test_em » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:14 am

War Eagle who do you think had the tougher schedule out of Fredericksburg, Cedar Park, and Baytown? I see these three teams being the teams to contend with in the south as we move into the playoffs. All these teams have been strong all year. Anyone else have any thoughts on these teams?
test_em
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby Old76er » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 am

WarEagle wrote:
Old76er wrote:I think a game that may surprise some people in D3 this week would be the Fredericksburg vs Dallas Tyler Street game. DT have been playing good ball as of late. Not sure if they had some injuries early on but they played Weatherford pretty close and a lot of people on this board like Weatherfords shot at the state title. Thoughts?


I think Freddy will roll as they played in a very tough division. In fact I am concerned about having to play Living rock again as that is a good team as well. Should be a very interesting few weeks.

-War eagle


Yes Living Rock has probably been the most surprising team to me. They have really taken some steps forward with their program. I think the main thing with them is staying healthy enough to compete. They have low numbers as does Fredericksburg. I think Cedar Park and Baytown have the deepest rosters in D3 as far as talent.
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby WarEagle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:42 pm

test_em wrote:War Eagle who do you think had the tougher schedule out of Fredericksburg, Cedar Park, and Baytown? I see these three teams being the teams to contend with in the south as we move into the playoffs. All these teams have been strong all year. Anyone else have any thoughts on these teams?


TAPPS DIII DISTRICT 3
Is in my opinion hands down the toughest district in TAPPS DIII and I would even put it up against many DII and DI Districts. Even San Marcos which unfortunately didn't win a game was tough and would fight til the end.

As far as strength of schedule hard to say as I think each team has had some solid victories, although if you run a why test on this site the numbers are the following as far as average strength of opponent

CP 389.07
Freddy 384.6
Baytown 354.91

That being said we all know our Friends at the Bay have already booked their rooms in Waco on Dec 6th, just go on maxpreps and you will see they are scheduled to play WC for the champsionship lol.
WarEagle
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby Old76er » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 pm

WarEagle wrote:
test_em wrote:War Eagle who do you think had the tougher schedule out of Fredericksburg, Cedar Park, and Baytown? I see these three teams being the teams to contend with in the south as we move into the playoffs. All these teams have been strong all year. Anyone else have any thoughts on these teams?


TAPPS DIII DISTRICT 3
Is in my opinion hands down the toughest district in TAPPS DIII and I would even put it up against many DII and DI Districts. Even San Marcos which unfortunately didn't win a game was tough and would fight til the end.

As far as strength of schedule hard to say as I think each team has had some solid victories, although if you run a why test on this site the numbers are the following as far as average strength of opponent

CP 389.07
Freddy 384.6
Baytown 354.91


That being said we all know our Friends at the Bay have already booked their rooms in Waco on Dec 6th, just go on maxpreps and you will see they are scheduled to play WC for the champsionship lol.


I like the confidence, however the strength of schedule speaks for itself. That being said I would think CP and Fredericksburg would be the favorite over Baytown going into those games. I would also agree D3 District 3 is definitely the toughest district. Regardless of San Marcos schedule they always field a tough team that will battle to the end.
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm

5th through the 7th. Gonna stick around for some crowded field action!
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby test_em » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

I think they are all pretty even. I’ve seen all of them play and it’s going to be fun down the stretch. The game I seen CP their defense really looked good. Going to be tough for anyone.
test_em
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby WarEagle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:48 pm

test_em wrote:I think they are all pretty even. I’ve seen all of them play and it’s going to be fun down the stretch. The game I seen CP their defense really looked good. Going to be tough for anyone.


What game are you watching Friday?

-War Eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby test_em » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:12 pm

I going to see Baytown Friday night. Then Emery on Saturday.
test_em
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby Old76er » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Thinking Fredericksburg vs Dallas Tyler Friday and Emery Saturday as well.
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Playoff matchups

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 pm

Final in Baytown
BCA 92
GC 0

First thing is to congratulate Greenville on a season that provided a playoff birth. It's a great experience and a deserving one to participate playoffs. Wish that school and community the best.

To the game....BCA dominates early. Most scores were in 1 to 2 plays. BCA defense held Greenville to only a couple of first down and one redzone visit in which the defense locked down and earned the ball back on downs.

The kids for BCA looked hungry and excited to be out there. This will be a fun run to watch game by game.

Also, sat close to a visiting school whom colors are red and blue...hmmm, know who could that be. Lol
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

PreviousNext

Return to Private School Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests