Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

For private and home school teams, this is the place.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Johnny South » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:17 pm

I will say from what I have seen of Baytown, if all the players are still together for this game, that the spread that is predicted on this site would be accurate only if Veritas is as good as the 2012 Dallas Covenant team that won state that year. Maybe they are.
I just don’t see it happening.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Old76er » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 pm

We have heard about the Veritas qb, he seems as if he is a very solid qb. Is the baytown defense stout enough to stand up to the air assault? Looks like they have gave up only 7 points thus far. Not sure how much you can read into that. BVCHEA scored the only td against them. I do not know much about them.
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Birdman96 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 am

Johnny South wrote:I will say from what I have seen of Baytown, if all the players are still together for this game, that the spread that is predicted on this site would be accurate only if Veritas is as good as the 2012 Dallas Covenant team that won state that year. Maybe they are.
I just don’t see it happening.

I have seen both teams and Veritas is good, but they are down from their two State Championship runs. From what I’ve seen of Baytown, this team MIGHT be the beat team in TAPPS.
Birdman96
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Old76er » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:44 am

Birdman96 wrote:
Johnny South wrote:I will say from what I have seen of Baytown, if all the players are still together for this game, that the spread that is predicted on this site would be accurate only if Veritas is as good as the 2012 Dallas Covenant team that won state that year. Maybe they are.
I just don’t see it happening.

I have seen both teams and Veritas is good, but they are down from their two State Championship runs. From what I’ve seen of Baytown, this team MIGHT be the beat team in TAPPS.


Best team in tapps? That’s a big statement. Their are some very good teams this year in D1 and D2. Even Fredericksburg in D3
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:19 am

I'm supporting Birdman statement in 2018.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Birdman96 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:27 am

Old76er wrote:
Birdman96 wrote:
Johnny South wrote:I will say from what I have seen of Baytown, if all the players are still together for this game, that the spread that is predicted on this site would be accurate only if Veritas is as good as the 2012 Dallas Covenant team that won state that year. Maybe they are.
I just don’t see it happening.



I have seen both teams and Veritas is good, but they are down from their two State Championship runs. From what I’ve seen of Baytown, this team MIGHT be the beat team in TAPPS.


Best team in tapps? That’s a big statement. Their are some very good teams this year in D1 and D2. Even Fredericksburg in D3


I’ve seen film or in person most of the top tier teams in every division (except Bracken). Baytown has 7 or 8 fast, athletic kids that block and tackle as good as anybody I’ve seen including Dallas Lutheran. I could be wrong...but we will know more after Friday night.
Birdman96
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Old76er » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Hope they post some max preps highlights on this one!!
Anyone know if there will be a live update on this game? Tapps or through some news media/paper in Austin?
Old76er
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:40 pm

GAME DAY! Any last declarations before it's settled on the field?

BCA 62
AV 14
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Cougar1414 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Austin 65
Baytown 8
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Cougar1414 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:50 pm

DirtyBay you are facing the Giants!!!
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:55 pm

BCA is more than up to the task. A statement is made in TAPPS today.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Cedar Park Summit may as well come receive their notice too since Dirty Bay is in your yard!
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby test_em » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 pm

BCA 33. Veritas 22 Halftime
test_em
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby test_em » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:55 pm

BCA 53 Veritas 28 Final

Heck of a game. BCA offense was the real deal tonight for sure. Defense gave up three scores to start the game but made adjustments and shut Veritas down. People need to step back and and start believing the hype!!!
test_em
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Postby Cougar1414 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:32 pm

I believe the hype now!!! Nice win!!
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Private School Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests