TAPPS D1, D2, D3 Predictions

For private and home school teams, this is the place.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: TAPPS D1, D2, D3 Predictions

Postby Lionsbacker » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:09 pm

This response is from a parent and not official from any DLS capacity

Sorry for slow response to your question.

First, we did have some key players out, however Gainesville is good. I think they will win out. However, they are the dirtiest team we have played in years. Lots of cheap shots, late hits and encouragement from their coach and/or guards to try and "hurt" our players. Really sad these boys are coached or encouraged that way. Refs had to eject one player and should have ejected 2 others. Without the injuries I think the game would have been over by half time or early 3rd Q. Can we meet again, I hope so! Depends on which bracket. I think Veritas can beat them, not sure about Emory or Giddings. One point to make, they really shouldnt be playing TAPPS. Their enrollment #'s may fit but its an all boys school. So it skews the numbers. They are pulling from 150-270 boys. Doesnt really fit for TAPPS.

A couple of tips if you are going to play them, dont kick deep and hold on to the ball. They stand you up on tackles and 2 guys try and strip the ball.

Shame on that coach/guards who teach them how to play like that. They would get a lot of respect and support from opponents if they didnt play that way. Doesnt work well in life either, I might add. Yes I am calling him/them out and I will drive to Gainseville to say it in person if need be. I am writing a letter to TAPPS and to their Board. Shameful!!!!

Best team won and will win again if we play in playoffs!

Again ... a parents opinion
Lionsbacker
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm

This is going to be a fun ride over the next 7 weeks with a lot of great football still to be played. I pray that all players stay healthy and wish everyone the best. That said here is who I see winning it.

1. Dallas Lutheran
2. Bulverde Bracken Christian
3. Cedar Park Summit

All three have one thing in common and that is they can play defense.

-War Eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby Cougar1414 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 pm

WarEagle wrote:This is going to be a fun ride over the next 7 weeks with a lot of great football still to be played. I pray that all players stay healthy and wish everyone the best. That said here is who I see winning it.

1. Dallas Lutheran
3. Cedar Park Summit

-War Eagle

War Eagle I am hearing that a team up North Weatherford is playing some good football you might want to keep them on your radar. They are talented team. It would be terrible for Cedar Park after beating beating Baytown in the south bracket to lose to a team in the North. I know I know you respect all your opponents
Cougar1414
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:04 pm

"I know I know you respect all your opponents" lol. Like I said going to be a lot of fun to watch all this play out.

-War Eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:27 pm

"Can play defense" and "dominating defense" are two different levels. Hold on...BCA will show you the difference.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 pm

WarEagle wrote:This is going to be a fun ride over the next 7 weeks with a lot of great football still to be played. I pray that all players stay healthy and wish everyone the best. That said here is who I see winning it.

1. Dallas Lutheran
3. Cedar Park Summit

-War Eagle

Here are some of the points per game defensive averages for each division. No hit on any of the teams mentioned but of the 3 bracken look to be the only one who have separated from the pack. Lutheran way down the list, bracken leading d2, and CP running 3rd in d3 behind Baytown with the lowest in all 3 divisions.

Division 1 defensive average ppg
Emery Weiner 20
Sugarland 20
Venguard 30
Gainesville 35
Veritas 27
Dallas Lutheran 37

Division 2 def avg ppg
Bracken 16
New Braunfels 18
St joseph 23

Division 3 def avg ppg
Baytown Christian 9
Longview trinity 14
Cedar park 15
Fredericksburg 16

May check averages on offense as well
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Here ya go. Lutheran looks like more of an offensive team. Bracken solid all the way around, leading both offense and defense. Both state schools all offense in d2. Cedar park in d3 among top top 5 both offense and defense. Baytown in d3 leading defensive ppg and runnng 2nd in offensive. Just some info to chew on fellas.

Division 1 off average ppg
Lutheran 59
Giddings 54
Gainesville 54
Emery 52
Sugarland 49

Division 2 off average ppg
Bracken 62
Bryan Allen 48
New braunfels 47
Abilene 47
NCTA 45

Division 3 off average ppg
Weatherford 63
Baytown 56
Irving faustina 55
Cedar park 54
Longview 50
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 pm

What you are not accounting for are interceptions or fumbles returned for td's or even special team td's.

-War Eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:05 pm

Fact is gentlemen you all can do all your calculations, but I still like this team from CP to represent.

-War Eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:48 am

WarEagle wrote:Fact is gentlemen you all can do all your calculations, but I still like this team from CP to represent.

-War Eagle

War eagle you are way to defensive. All i was doing is simply showing offensive and defensive points per game.
If you want to break out the microscope on both sides of the ball with all those stats then have at it. If not then take them for what they are....STATS or “calculations”
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:26 am

Old76er wrote:
WarEagle wrote:Fact is gentlemen you all can do all your calculations, but I still like this team from CP to represent.

-War Eagle

War eagle you are way to defensive.

At least someone in CP is playing defense. ~polluted bay
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 am

DirtyBayBulldog wrote:
Old76er wrote:

-War Eagle

War eagle you are way to defensive.

At least someone in CP is playing defense. ~polluted bay

LOL that was a good one PB!
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby Lionsbacker » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:28 am

Those averages are good info but they dont take into account:

- who you were playing? We played Union Hill for instance, skewed points allowed
- most our games were over by half time
- Coach subbing players for experience extending game allowed scoring against us

Just thinking the only real stat that makes since is if you could break it down by quarter. First quarter stats would be best measure. That would insure it was first team against first team.

Thanks for doing the stat work though...good discussion.
Lionsbacker
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 am

Lionsbacker wrote:Those averages are good info but they dont take into account:

- who you were playing? We played Union Hill for instance, skewed points allowed
- most our games were over by half time
- Coach subbing players for experience extending game allowed scoring against us

Just thinking the only real stat that makes since is if you could break it down by quarter. First quarter stats would be best measure. That would insure it was first team against first team.

Thanks for doing the stat work though...good discussion.

well I aint got all that time! lol You are very correct. There are several factors that play into the ppg on both sides of the ball. Like I said just something to chew on. Very excited to see how these playoffs shake out. I think D1 and D3 should be fun to watch! D2 I think belongs to Bracken until someone else proves otherwise. Coach Stredic has that team rolling!
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:42 am

I respect you WaeEagle. Like you said earlier, friendly banter.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Private School Topics