Week One

For private and home school teams, this is the place.

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Week One

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 am

Any week one games you will be attending or believe is the game to see?
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Re: Week One

Postby BigCzech » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 am

I think the Blum vs McLean game will be a good one. I'm sure Coach Thornhill will have Blum ready to play.

I will be at the Avalon vs Abbott game.
BigCzech
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 pm

I noticed this is a private school thread, but since some public school games were listed, I’ll join the party for a moment.
Strawn vs Borden County interests me.
May @ Richland Springs can be a dang good one!
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Speaking to private but there is room on this thread for all.
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 pm

I think some week 1’s to look at would be
Sugarland logos vs Allen academy
Think this will be a very good game. Logos had a very solid year last year dropping back down from 11 man. Allen trying to establish a new identity with a new coach. Should be interesting to see how many suit up on both sides of the ball.
Sugarland 36
Allen Academy 54

New Braunfels vs Cedar Park
NB falling one game short of a standoff with Bracken for a state title. Alpha omega gave them a very tough game and went down to the wire. Cedar Park very solid as well but ran into a juggernaut in baytown last year. Lost a very solid qb but expect for them to rebuild with role players that they had last year. Well coached and will be ready but not quite enough to top NB
NB 46
CP 30

Haslet Heritage vs Baytown
Haslet coming off a TCAF state championship returning a very solid backfield. Loss a solid receiver and QB will hurt but expect the backfield to pick up where they left off. Baytown I believe lost a lot of seniors. This team is always athletic and physical. They always find a way to be competitive.
Haslet 20
Baytown 46
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:46 am

QB for New Braunfels loves that deep ball.
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:20 pm

WarEagle wrote:QB for New Braunfels loves that deep ball.

Were they completions?

Glad to see you back WarEagle, how Cedar Park looking this year?
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:04 pm

What's up Dirty Bay!!!

Yeah they were as NB has some receivers that can catch. Should be a good test for Cedar Park. That said I like the direction of our team this year and I have high expectations going into this season.

How about Baytown? You guys have a good "recruiting class" this offseason? Lol first shot of the season at Dirty Bay lol...

Football is back...

WAR EAGLE!!!!
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 pm

WarEagle wrote:What's up Dirty Bay!!!

Yeah they were as NB has some receivers that can catch. Should be a good test for Cedar Park. That said I like the direction of our team this year and I have high expectations going into this season.

How about Baytown? You guys have a good "recruiting class" this offseason? Lol first shot of the season at Dirty Bay lol...

Football is back...

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Not sure what they have. Haven't got to lay my eyes on them yet. First game is this Saturday so what they have will be revealed.

Lost a good sized senior class but they were able to play underclassmen in several games last year so some experience shouldn't be a question mark. Question is can that underclass step up and provide the same production the seniors did.

Any word on how other teams in the division are looking or might have this year before they week one games?

Maybe more dads will join this year and make these boards exciting!
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby WarEagle » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 pm

I know I wish more dads what get involved, last year was fun.

In all seriousness though I think CP, while young has a lot of potential(yeah I know I am biased lol). Who knows what the journey will be this year, but as always will be fun.

Good luck to every team out there....

-War Eagle
WarEagle
6-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm

WarEagle wrote:I know I wish more dads what get involved, last year was fun.

In all seriousness though I think CP, while young has a lot of potential(yeah I know I am biased lol). Who knows what the journey will be this year, but as always will be fun.

Good luck to every team out there....

-War Eagle

Nothing like the old “war eagle” “dirty bay” rivalry to get things going. Things have been pretty quiet going into week 1. Nothing like last year. Hey war eagle and dirty bay... what are the chances you guys get 45d?
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Like I said...Saturday will tell all. They facing TCAF state champs who from the look of their media (MaxPrep) have some big boys!

This will be a tough game for Baytown. No way will Baytown 45 Haslet. Heck, it may be a Haslet win! (As much as it pains me to type that).

I read that Greenville picked up 4 student-athletes. They could be dangerous as well. Irving has that spread back returning and Weatherford has a solid squad too. North should be very competitive.

South will come down to BCA, CP, and Freddy. Can't forget Freddy!!!!
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Postby GeauxTigers » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:32 am

The Haslet / Baytown matchup should be interesting to say the least. Over the last 3+ years Baytown has been a powerhouse in the State--usually with one of the best defenses. Haslet on the other hand has a few key players returning from last year's TCAF State Championship. It will be the battle of the State Champs (TCAF vs. TAPPS).

I expect this to be a much closer contest than some are predicting.

Prediction: Baytown by 6 (Baytown 52, Haslet 46)
GeauxTigers
11-Man Fan

Postby Old76er » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:18 pm

GeauxTigers wrote:The Haslet / Baytown matchup should be interesting to say the least. Over the last 3+ years Baytown has been a powerhouse in the State--usually with one of the best defenses. Haslet on the other hand has a few key players returning from last year's TCAF State Championship. It will be the battle of the State Champs (TCAF vs. TAPPS).

I expect this to be a much closer contest than some are predicting.

Prediction: Baytown by 6 (Baytown 52, Haslet 46)

Baytown lost a lot and haslet is bringing back most of theirs but no way it’s that close. If it’s that close then haslet wins.
Old76er
6-Man Fan

Postby DirtyBayBulldog » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Lots if great games at the Allen Classic. To be honest that CP vs. NBCA game is the highlight of the weekend.

I have Allen winning by 12 over Logos.
BVCHEA 45 over Grace
NBCS by 31 over CP
Calvert 45 over St. Joseph
Oakwood by 45 over AO
DirtyBayBulldog
6-Man Fan

Next

Return to Private School Topics