A Long and Rambling End

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: A Long and Rambling End

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:11 pm

My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was, “Guru is getting a head start on April fool’s day”.......
while I wish it were not true, I understand and want to thank you for putting up with the shenanigans of a few of us and your patience in dealing with some of the more onerous inhabitants of your site.
What you built from literally the ground up is something to be proud of and hopefully you will be able to enjoy sports from a different perspective now
I hope I speak for all subscribers when I say THANK YOU!!!!
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby justlookin' » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 am

Not sure how I missed this earlier this week. So sad and yet I fully understand your decision. The actual contribution you have made to the sixman community are immeasurable to say the least, incredible to say the truth. I miss our discussions back in the "war room" in the old days as well as the printed reports, but I fully admit the website was far better as it could reach nationwide (worldwide even) and I truly believe has done a lot to grow the sport. The exposure has made it clear to people who were or are outside of the game how viable this is as an opportunity for small schools and the kids who attend them. That is, after all what this is all about. You have been tremendous at giving kids exposure who would not have had it otherwise. I salute your efforts in the past and hope only for good things in your future.
justlookin'
11-Man Fan

Postby Lou » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:11 pm

WOW. Thank you so much for the unbelievable amount of time you poured into the six-man community over the last decades! Your kindness, and selfless servant's heart has blessed and touched more people than you probably will ever realize in this lifetime, but I’m sure you’ll get a full view of that in the eternal one to come. Thanks for always being so helpful, quick to respond and a priceless resource for both promoting and connecting communities, coaches, teams, and players. And thank you for taking the time to come watch some of our games too. It’s always good to see you, and hope you’ll stop by from time to time.
His richest blessings for you and your family,
Coach Hudgens
Austin Hill Country
Lou
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Whatever you do for yourself in this life, when you leave, you take it with you.
Whatever you do for others, you leave behind.
You have a Legacy to leave. You have impacted the lives of countless coaches, parents and most importantly kids.
You were very kind and patient with me in developing the Independent teams and giving kids an opportunity to play in our own Championship Games over these last 5 years.
These contests where as important and exciting for those kids and their families as any that Strawn, Milford, Throckmorton or any other schools played. Memories for Kids that will last a lifetime.
Too much else to say, but you have earned a place in Sixman history and will be leaving a void that can never be filled. Your Commitment. Contribution and Endless hard work is Appreciated more than you know.
God Bless to you and your family as you continue your life’s journey.
C. H. Harvey
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Old Bearkat » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:42 pm

Dang! I just read this today. Granger, it's been a pleasure going to this website. When GC went back to 6 man in 2004, I started looking around and this site came up first on google when I was putzing around one evening. I then got to digging more into the history of the game and have had a lot of fun with it ever since. It provided something to do on those nights in cheap motel rooms when I was on the road to various nuke plants.

Thanks for keeping this place going all these years letting us now out-of-state guys keep up on small town Texas.
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 51eleven » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm

I only check in in the off season once or twice every week or two. Saw this last last Saturday and was bummed about it all day. Still don't know what to say. Checking in and commenting has been a regular part of life for near 20 years for me.
First, I hope you and your family are well Granger.
For the sake of players, coaches and yes us fans I hope the site can somehow be continued in some shape form or fashion. It's such a valuable tool for coaches. The rankings and spreads have been tweaked by Guru over the years so well they are amazing. I've never really cared for the term Toy, it's certainly much more than that.
I'll miss the conversations and banter immensely if it does go completely away. Thanks for doing an awesome job moderating it.

Best regards to Granger and all,

Ron Bulman
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby Klaactu » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Did I not read between the lines? Are you closing this awesome website?
Klaactu
6-Man Fan

Postby WestTexasKid » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:05 am

You will be missed immensely. Thank you for everything, you built this space from the ground up and connecting schools hundreds of miles away.
WestTexasKid
6-Man Fan

Postby Coyote86 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:08 pm

I too started receiving your newsletter in the mid 90s and I have been soaking up all things six man ever since. Thanks for providing a forum highlightIng the incredible accomplishments of small town student athletes and coaches all over our great state. May your future be blessed. You will be missed.
Coyote86
11-Man Fan

Postby Bulldog'88 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:31 am

Thank you for your service to the Six-man community all these years.

Michael
Bulldog'88
11-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk