Congrats to Vance Jones!!

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Congrats to Vance Jones!!

Postby GigemSooners » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 pm

6manonly wrote:Wheres Klactuu and Johnny south??

Exactly... Wheres all the RS supporters chiming in? I can only imagine how many would be on here talking trash if they were on the winning side.
That being said, great game by both teams. RS will have to replace some starters but have a lot of experience coming back. The Capps and Walker (I think that's his name) kid are great players. Giving credit where it is due.
Congrats to Vance Jones and Balmorhea. They were on a mission and got it done!
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:16 pm

GigemSooners wrote:

Exactly... Wheres all the RS supporters chiming in? I can only imagine how many would be on here talking trash if they were on the winning side.
That being said, great game by both teams. RS will have to replace some starters but have a lot of experience coming back. The Capps and Walker (I think that's his name) kid are great players. Giving credit where it is due.

I waited to hear your tone before responding to this thread.

Congrats to Coach Jones and the Bears! Nobody deserves to win three state rings at three different schools more than Coach Jones. Is he going to ride off into the sunset like John Elway or come back to repeat? While I like the idea of him going out on top, only he can write his legacy.

I also think Coach Burkhart deserves a lot of credit this year. There were a lot of people on this site saying he would not make it as far as he usually does without great talent. Although I believe that was, and to some extent still is, a fair criticism, JB took a less vaunted team and won close games against good teams like Strawn and Calvert. While not as flashy as the rings, I think this might be JB's best season as a coach.

NOTE: There is not a single personal attack against anyone in any of this post.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby GigemSooners » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:27 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:
GigemSooners wrote:

Congrats to Coach Jones and the Bears! Nobody deserves to win three state rings at three different schools more than Coach Jones. Is he going to ride off into the sunset like John Elway or come back to repeat? While I like the idea of him going out on top, only he can write his legacy.

I also think Coach Burkhart deserves a lot of credit this year. There were a lot of people on this site saying he would not make it as far as he usually does without great talent. Although I believe that was, and to some extent still is, a fair criticism, JB took a less vaunted team and won close games against good teams like Strawn and Calvert. While not as flashy as the rings, I think this might be JB's best season as a coach.

Well said. You are proving that your RS bias is not all that it seems to be. At first, I didnt like you but you have proved to be fair and actually a good poster. My issue is JB and RS left the state runner-up trophy on the field.... Why? All that says to me is RS was butthurt they were runner-up. Be happy, not many teams can say that.
TebowTime, you've changed my mind about you, not RS, but you seem to be a pretty good guy. Why can't there be more of you lol.
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan

Postby tsford78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:23 am

You are wrong about trophy being left on field. Both assistant coaches carried them to the locker room. From what I saw RS showed a lot of class and respect and stood there and clapped for Balmorhea. I shook the coaches hand as he was walking into locker room with the silver plaque. I'm sure they were upset but most of what I saw RS showed class. The better team won and that's that. And I'm assuming gigem meant Bryant (#12). There is no Walker on the team to my knowledge.
tsford78
11-Man Fan

Postby GigemSooners » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 am

tsford78 wrote:You are wrong about trophy being left on field. Both assistant coaches carried them to the locker room. From what I saw RS showed a lot of class and respect and stood there and clapped for Balmorhea. I shook the coaches hand as he was walking into locker room with the silver plaque. I'm sure they were upset but most of what I saw RS showed class. The better team won and that's that. And I'm assuming gigem meant Bryant (#12). There is no Walker on the team to my knowledge.

Yeah I meant Bryant.
Good for RS showing class even though it was the assistants that showed class, not JB. Class doesn't go through the assistants. Maybe Roger's should be HFB. JB hasnt said a word.
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan

Postby GigemSooners » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:02 am

TebowTime15 wrote:
GigemSooners wrote:

Tone? I've been fair good grief
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan

Postby tsford78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:37 pm

JB hasn't said a word to who? Not sure I'm following on what you're saying. I do know what I saw and that was JB and Jones hugging after the game. Not sure what was classless, but I'm not sure who he was suppose say a word to.
tsford78
11-Man Fan

Postby GigemSooners » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pm

tsford78 wrote:JB hasn't said a word to who? Not sure I'm following on what you're saying. I do know what I saw and that was JB and Jones hugging after the game. Not sure what was classless, but I'm not sure who he was suppose say a word to.

JB and Vance are friends and have a history coaching against each other. I "heard" the runner-up trophy was sitting on the ground until it was time to leave. Hearsay, possibly. I dont know man. Congrats to both teams on their season full of covid. RS proved me wrong, I had them losing to Calvert.
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan

Postby granger » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 am

I think there's a lot going on out there and nobody except those directly involved know

there's some feeling that the optics of the trophy being on the ground are bad.
a) Not sure of when the trophy has to be treated like the flag and cannot be on the ground.
b) also had heard that something was coming apart on the trophy, thus it was placed on the ground
c) have not heard that it is a requirement the HFC is in charge of holding the trophy 24/7

That being said...
d) could the coach have been throwing a hissy fit? sure

I think what I am saying is, we don't know... unless you were there. I wasn't. So let's stop the My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby WV Backer » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:50 am

Bueller... Bueller...
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk