Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:11 pm

topher800 wrote:Incubation at the moment is from the beginning of July and those lovely 4th celebrations. I mentioned just after Independence Day on here that I saw on the live webcams that Myrtle Beach was beyond packed with people. Along with the protests from the middle to late June. celebrating the birth of the nation carelessly has exaserbated this current wave... that and people not wearing masks, social distancing, etc.


What state is Myrtle Beach in? Answer: South Carolina. The states with problems right (Texas, Florida, and California) are three of the biggest states in the union with several large metropolitan areas.

America didn't listen to science,


This American did listen to the science, and every American I interacted with at HEB, Walmart, and out in public did the same thing.

America opened too quickly.


Texas followed reopening guidelines issued by the government to the T. The only states that didn't follow them that I know of for sure were Georgia and Oklahoma.

States are now having to shut down again because of it. "Like a month" is not long enough obviously... look at the other G10 members in the past 36 hours. They are all economically strong democracies with advanced medical capabilities just like the United States so the argument of "they aren't testing enough/as much as we are" is a downright silly claim. The other G10 must have done something a little differently because look at that disparity.

Belgium - 74
Canada - 250
France - 1,625
Germany - 486
Italy - 169
Japan - 333
Netherlands - 54
Sweden - 175
United Kingdom - 1,246
United States of America - 64,814


Sweeden originally did not shut down!: https://newsroom.uvahealth.com/2020/07/ ... in-sweden/

England: June 28, 2020 "LONDON -- Britain’s government is considering a lockdown for the central English city of Leicester amid a spike of COVID-19 cases — the first time that a single U.K. area would face such an extreme measure during the pandemic." - https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... c-71500376

Try again.

A Republican example? Roger Stone. The conservative media loves that Trump has freed him and the libs are going insane. It's vice/versa of the "protests" when the libs loved it and the cons went ballistic. Perfect example of the flip side of the coin no matter what one's personal beliefs about Roger Stone may be.


The whole Trump/Russian collusion thing has proven to be 1000% false. The intelligence agencies leaked stories to get FISA warrants so they could spy on Trump's associates. Stone's "crime" has nothing to do with an actual crime. Instead, they claim he perjured himself, I think it's to Congress not the FBI by the way, but either way the whole thing was tainted with political bias. For whatever reason, the FBI will not release what he actually "lied about" to the public.

PS. I shouldn't have ever argued with you about this because presidential pardon is in the Constitution:

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment. Article 2, Section 2

Elections have consequences!

Your final point, if that is the case, America needs to put both Hilary and Donald in jail because they are both criminals who deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

Selectively enforcing the law to lock Hillary up for, say, the email server and not locking up Trump for Russian interference unequivocally proves my point about American division and the lack of critical thinking.

Selectively enforcing the law to lock Trump up for Russian interference and not locking up Hillary for the email server unequivocally proves my point about American division and the lack of critical thinking.


This will be my last post to you because Trump did nothing wrong, period, end of statement. Your head must be so far up Adam Schiff's behind if you believe otherwise.

I will say, however, that Hillary definitely messed up, but I don't know if she should go to jail. The point is Hillary committed a process crime, but if she gets off for it then why shouldn't Flynn, Stone, and Manafort? Apply the law fairly, and I would be fine with either.

This isn't the type of non-enforcement I was talking about, by the way, I'm talking about clear violent crimes. Hillary, Flynn, Stone, and Manafort are not going to go kill anyone or tear down buildings.

According to your last point, a great way to start the healing process is to lock'em both up and throw away the key which I wholeheartedly agree with! The United States of America would be a better place with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump gone forever.


Again, this will be my last post to you. Let me ask you this, though: after two years of investigating by big stud, Bob Mueller, tons of hours spent on House of Representatives Oversight, and the media pouring their heart and soul into this issue, why do I still not know what Trump did wrong in regards to Russia? Could you explain that to me? I'd be curious to know.

Keep in mind that Ukraine has not been apart of Russia since 1991. You chose to bring up Russia. I preface it this way because I do at least know the allegation against Trump in regards to Ukraine: "he interfered in an Ukraine investigation into the eventual Democratic nominee." There a lot of problems with that, including, but not limited to, Biden clearly interfered in an investigation in regards to his son on tape whereas the listener has to assign intent to Trump, the actual "crime" would have something to do with campaign finance reform, and it assumes Trump knew Biden would win the nomination years before he actually did so.

I'm out. I hope you listen to my words because you aren't hopeless, my friend. If you want my advice, which you probably don't, keep your eye on the ball. You can nitpick anything and make it bad.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm

The fact of the matter is if Trump locks everything down the Dems scream he’s tearing apart our economy. If Trump opens things up The Dems scream he is being irresponsible.
Face it, nothing Trump does will be viewed as “good” by the liberal media.
To attribute the increase in COVID numbers to Trump’s leadership or lack there of is asinine. I attribute it to the nature of Americans. You may try to tell us what’s best for us but ultimately we will choose to act as individuals who are afforded certain rights by our Constitution. I’m not saying we are correct in our thinking or actions but we do maintain our right to be as ignorant as we wish.
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Tebow I wouldn’t be so sure to say Hillary hasn’t left any bodies in her wake......... I for one would hesitate to run into her in a dark alley............ unless I was exercising my constitutional right to bear arms and even then I’d want mine to be bigger than hers........
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:45 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Tebow I wouldn’t be so sure to say Hillary hasn’t left any bodies in her wake......... I for one would hesitate to run into her in a dark alley............ unless I was exercising my constitutional right to bear arms and even then I’d want mine to be bigger than hers........


LOL, I hear you! I honestly have a soft spot in my heart for Hillary, even though I deplore her policies, because I cast my first vote for her in the 2008 Democrat Primary after hearing Obama's pastor. We should have listened to Jeremiah Wright; he tried to tell everyone what was coming way back then.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Tebow, okay. Fair enough. I am not here, and quite frankly never have been, with the goal of changing someone's mind about their beliefs. If you think Americans have done all that is possible to combat the pandemic and maintain their economy, I wouldn't say anything to disparage you. My covid-19 arguments were based on the numbers and my own opinions that I have formed through reading and contemplative thought and consideration.

Same with Donald and Hillary. Everyone on here can say what they like and what they believe but in the end, history will decide how this administration just as all the others before will be remembered. It would be very interesting to get a glimpse 100 years from now and what the history books, or whatever crazy tech has replaced actual books lol ;), say about the pandemic of 2020. Just as a hundred year ago, people would have been interested in how we today learn about the Spanish influenza.

I personally have enjoyed reading your comments Tebow. Despite the fact that we disagree on several points, I have learned a great deal and I thank you for that. Just as I over the past few weeks have learned a lot about the current thinking and mindset of Texans during this difficult time. Quite often in my classroom, I talk about the many differing ideas between Canada and the United States as well as North America and Europe/Asia/Oceania. It's exceedingly difficult to engage students these days and especially now because my school board in its infinite wisdom allows smartphones in the class and last Septemeber removed all blocks on the wifi. That's right, students can watch Netflix in my class and the only thing I am allowed to do as a teacher is ask them to put their phone away. Of course it comes right back out a few minutes later however I digress because thats a whole can of worms that doesn't need to be opened at the moment. Getting back to my teaching, the students seem to enjoy hearing how people outside of Toronto/Ontario/Canada look at what is going on in the world and quite often ask questions about what my friends in Texas or my cousins in Ireland or New Zealand think of a certain event either in the present or in history. Being able to give them an answer outside of something anyone can read in a newspaper hopefully can help broaden their thinking and not limit them to just a narrow Canadian view of the world.

-------------------

Smokey, god help ya if you ever run into that woman in a dark alley! I hope you have an arsenal on your hip! But if one believes the rumors, Hillary packs quite a punch below the equator if ya get what I mean lolololol ;) Your argument about the nature of Americans is quite interesting. Last year I watching some 20/20 type documentary on Roberts County and one of guys living in Miami shared that if so long as the government didn't interfere with him and his immediate family then he didn't care what happened. I remember thinking that there was considerate lack of concern for the common good. Now of course thats only one person but what you said just reminded me of that. In the end, there is no correct way of thinking, it's a matter of where we were raised (and I don't mean country to country whatsoever) and our experiences that form whether or not people are more individualistic or group orientated. Thank you sir once again for the post!
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:59 pm

topher800 wrote:Tebow, okay. Fair enough. I am not here, and quite frankly never have been, with the goal of changing someone's mind about their beliefs. If you think Americans have done all that is possible to combat the pandemic and maintain their economy, I wouldn't say anything to disparage you. My covid-19 arguments were based on the numbers and my own opinions that I have formed through reading and contemplative thought and consideration.

Same with Donald and Hillary. Everyone on here can say what they like and what they believe but in the end, history will decide how this administration just as all the others before will be remembered. It would be very interesting to get a glimpse 100 years from now and what the history books, or whatever crazy tech has replaced actual books lol ;), say about the pandemic of 2020. Just as a hundred year ago, people would have been interested in how we today learn about the Spanish influenza.

I personally have enjoyed reading your comments Tebow. Despite the fact that we disagree on several points, I have learned a great deal and I thank you for that. Just as I over the past few weeks have learned a lot about the current thinking and mindset of Texans during this difficult time. Quite often in my classroom, I talk about the many differing ideas between Canada and the United States as well as North America and Europe/Asia/Oceania. It's exceedingly difficult to engage students these days and especially now because my school board in its infinite wisdom allows smartphones in the class and last Septemeber removed all blocks on the wifi. That's right, students can watch Netflix in my class and the only thing I am allowed to do as a teacher is ask them to put their phone away. Of course it comes right back out a few minutes later however I digress because thats a whole can of worms that doesn't need to be opened at the moment. Getting back to my teaching, the students seem to enjoy hearing how people outside of Toronto/Ontario/Canada look at what is going on in the world and quite often ask questions about what my friends in Texas or my cousins in Ireland or New Zealand think of a certain event either in the present or in history. Being able to give them an answer outside of something anyone can read in a newspaper hopefully can help broaden their thinking and not limit them to just a narrow Canadian view of the world.

-------------------

Smokey, god help ya if you ever run into that woman in a dark alley! I hope you have an arsenal on your hip! But if one believes the rumors, Hillary packs quite a punch below the equator if ya get what I mean lolololol ;) Your argument about the nature of Americans is quite interesting. Last year I watching some 20/20 type documentary on Roberts County and one of guys living in Miami shared that if so long as the government didn't interfere with him and his immediate family then he didn't care what happened. I remember thinking that there was considerate lack of concern for the common good. Now of course thats only one person but what you said just reminded me of that. In the end, there is no correct way of thinking, it's a matter of where we were raised (and I don't mean country to country whatsoever) and our experiences that form whether or not people are more individualistic or group orientated. Thank you sir once again for the post!


I'm not mad at you at all, but you are drifting into factual disagreement. I'm pretty sure you would agree that Trump should pardon Stone if this whole "Russia Collusion" was a hoc created by the Left. If it's not a hoc, I would be more likely to agree with you that him pardoning Stone might not be the best course of action. You believe one set of facts and I believe the other, it's that simple.

The only reason I started the whole political talk recently was to get people to wake up about the stuff going on in American big cities. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this type of behavior feels very Dark Ages, pre-Civil War, 1900 to 1917 in Russia before the Bolsheviks came to power, 1918 to 1934 in Germany before the Nazis came to power, pre-Cultural Revolution in China, or whatever horrible historical event you want to insert. While most of us cannot vote out the real source of the problem, the big city liberal mayors, we can show the Democrats they will not win elections by condoning this crap.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:54 pm

He was proven guilty but no one gives a crap about that. Trump got Stone off because they are old friends. This one stinks as much as Slick Willie pardoning Suzanne McDougal with the Whitewater scandal.... nevermind Gerry Ford and Nixon.

With regards to the big cities, the so-called "protests" need to be dealt with swiftly. There is no denying that. Fortunately, I give more credit to the American people as a whole being able to maintain their constitution and not giving in to anarchy. Even if Sleepy Joe wins, the US will simply revert back to what life was like under Obama... well sorta, at least Obama could string a sentence together without stumbling ;)

You know I've always wondered what the GOP and Republican supporters would have said if Obama had met with the Kim family instead of Donald Trump. Would they have been supportive of Barrack crossing into North Korea arm in arm with Kim Jong Un? Or would they have reacted as the liberal media did with fiery outrage?
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Roger Stone lied to FBI/Congress/someone in regards to an investigation that was a hoax! If you don't believe it's a hoax, then okay, but it's a process crime just like Hillary Clinton and Flynn.

You know, I've been thinking about Ole' Barrack a lot lately. Would he go for this crap? I know he's pretty far to the left, but I don't know if he believes in anarchy.

I truly believe this is a law and order versus anarchy issue rather than a left versus right issue. The only thing that happened during Obama's presidency like this was the Michael Brown thing. They protested around St. Louis for a few days, and it was over. The speed, intensity, frequency, and lack of concern about the rule of law during this wave really concerned me. Then again, I don't think the police made a mistake with Michael Brown but definitely did with George Floyd
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby oldergoat » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 pm

To be more correct Mr. Stone did not "get off". President Trump only commuted his sentence. Mr. Stone is still a convicted felon. Not something many people would like to be labeled with. That is much different than a full pardon which Obama and Clinton did for their friends.
Judges do the same as President Trump with probation all the time and for much worse crimes. Granted probation still has some big hooks for law enforcement.
As to your statements about not having a choice (Trump or Biden), yes we do. The scary fact is that it is not really a choice of Trump or Biden, it is a choice of Trump or the person Biden (DNC) picks for VP. Have not heard anything about using the 25th amendment lately. But if, God forbid, Biden wins he will be president less than 6 months before the democrats use that amendment to have him removed from office and our next president will be a "woman of color". That is scary because they will have been selected only because of sex and race, with no regard for qualifications.
oldergoat
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby FCSA football » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Tebow
You might want to go back and look at Obama’s pardons etc.
Uhhhh...... didn’t he pardon a CONVICTED TERRORIST ? Among others ?
And Uhhhhhh.....Slick Willie Clinton, didn’t he pardon his BROTHER ? Among others?

Awwwwww....... how soon we forget, or maybe ignore.
Just saying..........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:17 pm

oldergoat wrote:To be more correct Mr. Stone did not "get off". President Trump only commuted his sentence. Mr. Stone is still a convicted felon. Not something many people would like to be labeled with. That is much different than a full pardon which Obama and Clinton did for their friends.
Judges do the same as President Trump with probation all the time and for much worse crimes. Granted probation still has some big hooks for law enforcement.
As to your statements about not having a choice (Trump or Biden), yes we do. The scary fact is that it is not really a choice of Trump or Biden, it is a choice of Trump or the person Biden (DNC) picks for VP. Have not heard anything about using the 25th amendment lately. But if, God forbid, Biden wins he will be president less than 6 months before the democrats use that amendment to have him removed from office and our next president will be a "woman of color". That is scary because they will have been selected only because of sex and race, with no regard for qualifications.


I am not disagreeing with you and if you read my post I did mention Clinton/Whitewater along with Nixon. You make a good point about commuting a sentence/full pardon difference but to 90% of the general population it's the same thing.

If Sleepy Joe gets in, he won't be running the show, you are again right. The vast majority of my stabs at Biden are tongue in cheek because everyone can see that the man is losing his mental facilities. If it continues to be at a point where the Dems (again *IF* elected) cannot hide it anymore then it will be back to back POTUS that have had impeachment motions against them though Biden's will prevail and the US will be left with whomever is the VP. Saying that, it is A LOT of "what ifs" packaged in our two messages :) God knows what will happen in November... crap Kanye might be POTUS lolololol ;)

Further to my question about Kim Jong Un and Obama... how do think the GOP and Republican supporters would have reacted if Barrack had been as brash, contentiious, and unapologetic as Trump is? What would have been the reaction from conservatives having a Democrat who spoke first and thought later? What if Obama had tweeted as much as Trump does? Honestly, I am interested in hearing what you as Texans would have thought about a Dem President who acted and talked like the current POTUS.

On a final note, I am not sure why on our planet do world leaders refuse to apologize for even the slightest error or transgression? In this instance, I am talking about people like the UK's Boris Johnson, Canada's Justin Trudeau, Germany's Angela Merkel, President Xi, France's "Mrs. Robinson" Macron .... I was raised a Christian and to offer and to seek forgiveness is a pillar of our beliefs, it doesn't show weakness, it shows strength and growth. Where in the hell did have we gone wrong in societies around the globe?!?!?!?
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:19 pm

FCSA football wrote:Tebow
You might want to go back and look at Obama’s pardons etc.
Uhhhh...... didn’t he pardon a CONVICTED TERRORIST ? Among others ?
And Uhhhhhh.....Slick Willie Clinton, didn’t he pardon his BROTHER ? Among others?

Awwwwww....... how soon we forget, or maybe ignore.
Just saying..........


I brought up Slick Willie and I may have screwed up and not gotten my point across. Clinton was about as straight as a maze. Crooked down to the ground. My apologies sir, I did mean that Bill was a crook at POTUS
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:36 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:Roger Stone lied to FBI/Congress/someone in regards to an investigation that was a hoax! If you don't believe it's a hoax, then okay, but it's a process crime just like Hillary Clinton and Flynn.

You know, I've been thinking about Ole' Barrack a lot lately. Would he go for this crap? I know he's pretty far to the left, but I don't know if he believes in anarchy.

I truly believe this is a law and order versus anarchy issue rather than a left versus right issue. The only thing that happened during Obama's presidency like this was the Michael Brown thing. They protested around St. Louis for a few days, and it was over. The speed, intensity, frequency, and lack of concern about the rule of law during this wave really concerned me. Then again, I don't think the police made a mistake with Michael Brown but definitely did with George Floyd


I mean this in the most polite Canadian manner as possible and I am not being facetious whatsoever. Tebow, please do not think I am being disrespectful but can we stop with the hoax/fake news stuff? All of that rhetoric is for the sheeple who side 100% on their party lines and refuse to think for themselves that there might be a middle way. People who decry "fake news"/"hoaxes" are for the most part the Mass-hole in Boston who thinks Trump is Satan and the Hillbilly in Mississippi who thinks Trump is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Tebow, you voiced concerns earlier about history in the 20th century and countries which fell to horrible dictatorships. One of the key things any dictator will do when trying to assert their power is to tell their citizens that they are right about everything and that everyone else is lying to them. This term "fake news" that has been espoused by the current administration is dangerous. I wish to God that stupid term would just go away because when people begin to believe only one ideaology and follow it blindly... well... that's when the real trouble starts.

I used Roger Stone as an example of how conservative media championed his commuted sentence while the libs raged about it. You asked me for a vice/versa example of how the libs loved the "protests" and the cons went bananas. I could care less about Roger Stone but it is a valid example of cons loving it and libs hating it. Both the liberal and conservative media are guilty of pandering to their audience and igniting the ever-burning embers of their opposition. To argue otherwise is blind, reckless and detrimental to any sort of olive branch to unite the country in its hour of need.

There is a distinct lack of respect for authority and the law. I have racked my brains for years trying to understand why America cannot get its act together. When Donald gets blamed for something like the "protests", cons don't like it and say "But but but but Obama...." and go on a rant. Likewise when Obama was in power and got blamed for something, libs didn't like it and said "But but but but George W." .... how can people not see that the endless blame game does absolutely nothing.
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:47 pm

Your ignorance does not warrant a response.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:01 am

TebowTime15 wrote:Your ignorance does not warrant a response.


Checkmate.
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests