Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:59 pm

topher800 wrote:Trump wore a mask today while visiting a military hospital... during the worse pandemic since just after WW1. Why didn't he do this from the beginning? His example and leadership could have saved many lives because many of his supporters would have followed suit. Isn't that the leadership that the common man deserves? ... or is wearing a mask crushing freedom? Instead cases keep rising, Texas had, once again, over 10,000 cases today.


Hmmm...not wearing a mask in public because Trump, the President of the United States, has access to the best healthcare in the world or not enforcing simply criminal laws? While I can see why you think Trump should have worn a mask, it pales in comparison to Leftist Mayors deciding to selectively enforce the law.

Topher, you aren't wrong but man you need to work on your priorities. In the past, I rarely argued with people because it really depends on what information you decided to believe. The stuff on TV is crazy, though, and people need to speak out against it. I also NEVER harp on religion, but I think it describes perfectly what I am trying to say: “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Trump not wearing a mask = speck in brother's eye
Craziness in the cities = plank in your eye
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 am

Reading both the lunatic left and reprehensible right media websites, there is a divide larger than the Grand Canyon right now in the greatest country in the world. Y'all can say that defunding the police in Oregon or Washington or Minnesota are the absolute priority right now but that is just outright trying to find a distraction to the real problem. Getting the pandemic under control. Almost 65,000 new cases yesterday in the US with no signs of stopping... over 500 people lost their lives in the last 7 days in Texas alone.

So as you said
Small protests in loonie left states - speck in your brother's eye
65,000+ covid-19 cases yesterday alone = plank in your eye
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:17 am

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Golly gee whiz.......... the main stream media jumped the gun and provide false information.......... who’d a thunk it?........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8511769/NBC-doctor-claimed-caught-virus-plane-eyeball-says-NEVER-it.html


smokey: The Daily Mail is a higher class tabloid rag than say the National Enquirer.... :)
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 am

Well then there’s this ........... from the horse’s mouth ...... or maybe from the other end of the horse.........

https://www.today.com/health/nbc-s-dr-joseph-fair-reveals-his-antibody-test-came-t186120
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:17 am

I know what we can all do........ move to the utopia of health care that is Canada......... they can fix everyone up post-haste. It is well known that the world flocks to Canada to cure all their societal and health concerns..........
“Eat 2 plates of poutaine, drink a beer and call me in the morning”
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:37 am

smokeyjoe53 wrote:I know what we can all do........ move to the utopia of health care that is Canada......... they can fix everyone up post-haste. It is well known that the world flocks to Canada to cure all their societal and health concerns..........
“Eat 2 plates of poutaine, drink a beer and call me in the morning”


LOLOLOL please I do not recommend coming here. Just in today's news, our Princess of a Prime Minister has gotten himself into more trouble for his own stupidity. Holy moly, I'd recommend Paraguay before Canada ;)
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:55 pm

topher800 wrote:Reading both the lunatic left and reprehensible right media websites, there is a divide larger than the Grand Canyon right now in the greatest country in the world. Y'all can say that defunding the police in Oregon or Washington or Minnesota are the absolute priority right now but that is just outright trying to find a distraction to the real problem. Getting the pandemic under control. Almost 65,000 new cases yesterday in the US with no signs of stopping... over 500 people lost their lives in the last 7 days in Texas alone.

So as you said
Small protests in loonie left states - speck in your brother's eye
65,000+ covid-19 cases yesterday alone = plank in your eye


Are you kidding me?!?!? I guess all they have is fake news in Canada. People were protesting in Dallas, Houston, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and El Paso. Let me get on my computer, and I'll show you proof of that. Did you see the videos of it? There were thousands of them.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am



Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:18 pm

90% of those articles are at least 2 weeks, if not a month, old. I didn't put up any argument condoning what happened during those so-called "protests" but since the start of July there has been only small sporadic "protests" here and there. Yah it needed to put down 100% and it has for the most part.... and I hope the governmnet continues to clamp down if it resurges.

My point was DAY after DAY thousands of Texans and tens of thousands of Americans are contracting a ** potentially ** fatal virus. Yesterday was over 5,000 cases with Texas already reporting over 2,220 cases for today. 47 deaths in Texas yesterday, 28 already today but yah... let's talk about something from last month instead of focusing on today's problems that is for the most part, preventable if the general public would just listen to health care officials and science. Or maybe let's just make up stuff to whatever suits one's leftist or rightist beliefs and refuse to budge whatsoever no matter how crappy the situation may be in the country.

For example, during the "protests" the libs loved it and their media went bananas with glee and they refused to acknowledge any sense of how democracy works and how pubilcally funded police forces are a necessity. The libs/Dems refused to budge. It is that sort of refusal to even consider a viewpoint differing from their own that has caused such a massive divide as wide as the Grand Canyon. On the flip side, the GOP and conservatives do exactly the same thing when an event occurs that supports their views.

The refusal (or lack of ability) to think critically, to listen and carefully consider differing viewpoints based on one's own emperical research and evidence is currently and will continue to cause the downward spiral of fear, lies, and hate between liberals and conservatives in America. The name of your country is, after all, the ** UNITED ** States of America. Or is that Fake News?
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:32 pm

topher800 wrote:90% of those articles are at least 2 weeks, if not a month, old. I didn't put up any argument condoning what happened during those so-called "protests" but since the start of July there has been only small sporadic "protests" here and there. Yah it needed to put down 100% and it has for the most part.... and I hope the governmnet continues to clamp down if it resurges.


When do you think the COVID cases started spreading? Remember, it takes two weeks for symptoms to show.

My point was DAY after DAY thousands of Texans and tens of thousands of Americans are contracting a ** potentially ** fatal virus. Yesterday was over 5,000 cases with Texas already reporting over 2,220 cases for today. 47 deaths in Texas yesterday, 28 already today but yah... let's talk about something from last month instead of focusing on today's problems that is for the most part, preventable if the general public would just listen to health care officials and science. Or maybe let's just make up stuff to whatever suits one's leftist or rightist beliefs and refuse to budge whatsoever no matter how crappy the situation may be in the country.


Who didn't listen to the science? We shut the country down for like a month, washed our hands, social distanced, and the only people I saw not following that were "the protesters."

For example, during the "protests" the libs loved it and their media went bananas with glee and they refused to acknowledge any sense of how democracy works and how pubilcally funded police forces are a necessity. The libs/Dems refused to budge. It is that sort of refusal to even consider a viewpoint differing from their own that has caused such a massive divide as wide as the Grand Canyon.


Agreed.

On the flip side, the GOP and conservatives do exactly the same thing when an event occurs that supports their views.


Example, please?

The refusal (or lack of ability) to think critically, to listen and carefully consider differing viewpoints based on one's own emperical research and evidence is currently and will continue to cause the downward spiral of fear, lies, and hate between liberals and conservatives in America. The name of your country is, after all, the ** UNITED ** States of America. Or is that Fake News?


I disagree. This was the problem two months ago to......since Eisenhower was president? Essentially, this what I've been trying to tell you; Selectively enforcing the law, simple laws that have been on the book since forever, is going to break us up. You simply cannot allow one group of people to commit crimes while targeting another if they do any little thing wrong.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby JasonTX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm

What I'm having issues with is that there are inconsistencies with testing numbers. If 2 +2 = 4. We check our math by going 4-2=2. For whatever reason we can't do that with testing coronavirus. If you haven't tested someone they should not be included in the total cases. According to the Texas DHS, they claim presumed positives aren't included. The problem is the numbers aren't adding up. There is no way you can have positives + negatives and not equal the total number of tests administered.
JasonTX
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Texas

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:02 pm

JasonTX wrote:What I'm having issues with is that there are inconsistencies with testing numbers. If 2 +2 = 4. We check our math by going 4-2=2. For whatever reason we can't do that with testing coronavirus. If you haven't tested someone they should not be included in the total cases. According to the Texas DHS, they claim presumed positives aren't included. The problem is the numbers aren't adding up. There is no way you can have positives + negatives and not equal the total number of tests administered.


Tebowtime15 LOVES this post!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 pm

Incubation at the moment is from the beginning of July and those lovely 4th celebrations. I mentioned just after Independence Day on here that I saw on the live webcams that Myrtle Beach was beyond packed with people. Along with the protests from the middle to late June. celebrating the birth of the nation carelessly has exaserbated this current wave... that and people not wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

America didn't listen to science, America opened too quickly. States are now having to shut down again because of it. "Like a month" is not long enough obviously... look at the other G10 members in the past 36 hours. They are all economically strong democracies with advanced medical capabilities just like the United States so the argument of "they aren't testing enough/as much as we are" is a downright silly claim. The other G10 must have done something a little differently because look at that disparity.

Belgium - 74
Canada - 250
France - 1,625
Germany - 486
Italy - 169
Japan - 333
Netherlands - 54
Sweden - 175
United Kingdom - 1,246
United States of America - 64,814

A Republican example? Roger Stone. The conservative media loves that Trump has freed him and the libs are going insane. It's vice/versa of the "protests" when the libs loved it and the cons went ballistic. Perfect example of the flip side of the coin no matter what one's personal beliefs about Roger Stone may be.

Your final point, if that is the case, America needs to put both Hilary and Donald in jail because they are both criminals who deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

Selectively enforcing the law to lock Hillary up for, say, the email server and not locking up Trump for Russian interference unequivocally proves my point about American division and the lack of critical thinking.

Selectively enforcing the law to lock Trump up for Russian interference and not locking up Hillary for the email server unequivocally proves my point about American division and the lack of critical thinking.

According to your last point, a great way to start the healing process is to lock'em both up and throw away the key which I wholeheartedly agree with! The United States of America would be a better place with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump gone forever.
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:26 pm

JasonTX wrote:What I'm having issues with is that there are inconsistencies with testing numbers. If 2 +2 = 4. We check our math by going 4-2=2. For whatever reason we can't do that with testing coronavirus. If you haven't tested someone they should not be included in the total cases. According to the Texas DHS, they claim presumed positives aren't included. The problem is the numbers aren't adding up. There is no way you can have positives + negatives and not equal the total number of tests administered.


Of course there are inconsistencies and I don't think the true numbers will ever be known but take a look at the above post regarding G10 member covid-19 cases in the last 36 hours.... something is a little more wrong than just a miscount
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests