Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby LBK6manFan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:01 pm

^ Not sure if you're being serious but thanks for the good laugh!
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby tx6man4life » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:22 pm

LBK6manFan wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.


Ok, here's a hypothetical for ya Tebow....What happens when the Rigdons leave (2× all state starters), the TA who's gettin paid around $45k with the 2 senior boys from Valley ( I know one made all-state). So theres atleast one more starter gone, possibly 2 depending on what the other Valley boy played. The other senior boy that made all-state will be gone. That's 5 starters gone leaving only JB and his boy at RS. What do you think the odds are that JB brings in another coach or 2, maybe a teacher with boys known to be ringers (good/great players)? I think you know the answer...



2 seniors that are not rigdons or valley boys that started I count 6-7 top 8 players gone
tx6man4life
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Coaching4greatness » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Well I heard y’all say all year long that rs is 12 deep . So with those 8 gone you still have 4 studs . 4 studs is enough to win one in six man . Rigdon’s will hurt more loosing then the valley kids
Coaching4greatness
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Coaching4greatness » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:38 pm

I hope they don’t leave though lol that team was one of the best I seen
Coaching4greatness
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:33 pm

LBK6manFan wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.


Ok, here's a hypothetical for ya Tebow....What happens when the Rigdons leave (2× all state starters), the TA who's gettin paid around $45k with the 2 senior boys from Valley ( I know one made all-state). So theres atleast one more starter gone, possibly 2 depending on what the other Valley boy played. The other senior boy that made all-state will be gone. That's 5 starters gone leaving only JB and his boy at RS. What do you think the odds are that JB brings in another coach or 2, maybe a teacher with boys known to be ringers (good/great players)? I think you know the answer...


Here a fun trivia question for you: when is the last time Richland Springs lost a district football game? I was in junior high or maybe even elementary school. Now that I think about it, Burkhart has never lost a district game.

They might not win state without those players, but Richland has a good tradition of excellence even before Burkhart. I think you could make a good argument they wouldn't have beaten the D1 championship since they dropped to D2 between 2008 to 2010; this year, I think Blum and RS would be a really close game if they played this year.

While I don't think there is nothing wrong with you pointing out how many coaches kids RS has, your personal attacks are over the top and you lost credibility by relying on hearsay.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby MA1984 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Tebow you are very judgmental of others as well just like the rest of us. What makes your opinion mean more than anyone else’s?
MA1984
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:05 pm

MA1984 wrote:Tebow you are very judgmental of others as well just like the rest of us. What makes your opinion mean more than anyone else’s?


This is a leading question because I would accept several premises that I disagree with if I answered it.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby MA1984 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:14 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:
MA1984 wrote:Tebow you are very judgmental of others as well just like the rest of us. What makes your opinion mean more than anyone else’s?


This is a leading question because I would accept several premises that I disagree with if I answered it.


Seems simple to me “My opinion means more than everyone else’s because ________”. You can not be wrong it is your answer. I’m just saying you are as judgmental as everyone else on here including myself.
MA1984
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:08 pm

MA1984 is correct in stating that we are all judgmental......................

This lengthy article is copied from Psychology Today
“There is a problematic psychological disposition that is aptly called "being judgmental." It is getting a kick out of making negative moral assessments of other people. It's enhancing your own sense of moral worth by comparisons with the (supposed) lesser moral status of others.  It's finding satisfaction in seeing others fail because it shows you are better than they are. People who tend to feel morally inferior feel relief when they see others fail; by comparison that they are not so bad after all.  People who lack appreciation of their own potential for moral failure enjoy having their false sense of moral superiority reinforced.  Those who are judgmental are invested in one-up-manship

What are the signs of being judgmental? Here are five:
* Making a lot of negative moral evaluations of others.
* Having a moral rating system that is skewed in your own favor.
* Jumping to negative moral conclusions about others; being inclined to believe the worst. 
* Moving very quickly from judgments of the form, "This action is morally wrong," to ones of the form, "This person is morally corrupt." 
* Acting as if you can know that what so-and-so did was wrong even though you know much less about the context of so-and-so's action than so-and-so. 

Being judgmental distorts our perception of other people, of ourselves and of what matters most in living a well-lived human life. It feeds on and engenders a lack of sympathetic understanding of others. It is often linked with other related character flaws: hypocrisy, self-righteousness, malice, insensitivity, and the enjoyment of destructive gossip. 

We should all try to avoid being judgmental. However, when people say, "You are so judgmental," they need to think hard about whether they are exhibiting this defect themselves. Thinking that everyone who has a different moral view than we have must be judgmental is jumping to a negative moral conclusion about them. This may be especially tempting in cases where the other person's views on a subject are more conservative than our own. 

Someone who makes a negative moral judgment—even a mistaken one—is not necessarily being judgmental. The judgmental person is one who enjoys making harsh judgments of others out of a sense of moral one-upmanship.

We should avoid jumping to the conclusion that someone who makes moral judgments with which we disagree is judgmental.”
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:39 am

MA1984 wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:
MA1984 wrote:Tebow you are very judgmental of others as well just like the rest of us. What makes your opinion mean more than anyone else’s?


This is a leading question because I would accept several premises that I disagree with if I answered it.


Seems simple to me “My opinion means more than everyone else’s because ________”. You can not be wrong it is your answer. I’m just saying you are as judgmental as everyone else on here including myself.


We can agree to disagree because I don't think my opinion is better than everyone else's.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby tx6man4life » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:44 am

Coaching4greatness wrote:I hope they don’t leave though lol that team was one of the best I seen



Hell I don’t think u can be from RS and say that....everyone over there acts like and treats them like they should of left a long time ago. They are out of there no doubt!!!
tx6man4life
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:13 pm

I wouldn't bet the farm on the Rigdons moving. That state ring could be a powerful motivator....you throw in a little extra cash...then who knows what will happen.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby tx6man4life » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Blue Bird wrote:I wouldn't bet the farm on the Rigdons moving. That state ring could be a powerful motivator....you throw in a little extra cash...then who knows what will happen.



The level of hate and disrespect they have been shown, I’d bet my farm for sure, if coach stays its probably by himself cause I’d bet that family has had enough BS to last a lifetime. People can usually tolerate bad situations if their kids are safe and happy but you mess with their kids it’s a different story!!
tx6man4life
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby freeagent » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 am

Coaching4greatness wrote:Well I heard y’all say all year long that rs is 12 deep . So with those 8 gone you still have 4 studs . 4 studs is enough to win one in six man . Rigdon’s will hurt more loosing then the valley kids


And the "problem" with programs like that is when the studs graduate, the kids left are sometimes too dumb to know that they could lose a football game or two. RS is one of those teams that when you play them, you think the scoreboard reads 14-0 at the start of the game instead of 0-0. And you're not the 14.
User avatar
freeagent
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 8067
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Seguin, Texas, The World

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Johnny South » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:26 am

tx6man4life wrote:
Blue Bird wrote:I wouldn't bet the farm on the Rigdons moving. That state ring could be a powerful motivator....you throw in a little extra cash...then who knows what will happen.



The level of hate and disrespect they have been shown, I’d bet my farm for sure, !


The only hate and disrespect has come from you and your couple of thug followers dragging everyone back and forth through the mud.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests