Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:57 pm

6manonly wrote:
Johnny South wrote:Lbkfan, I just got in off the road and read all of your rants of the last few days. I really hate that your childhood problems caused you to go off the deep end like that. You can rest assured that I am not a RS school board member. I would like to be, maybe someday, in order to support all of the good works in progress around there, but doubt that I could ever garner enough votes to make it.
I would still recommend that you double check your sources before you take up a cause such as you have here, trying to ruin a good man's reputation. You say that you don't like him. That's not an excuse to do what you have done. It is not my place to set you straight, but I will tell you when you are acting stupid. So, if you are actually remorseful, I would think apologies are in order.


Johnny I cant help but point out the obvious but if apologies are due I sure hope you have yours ready. You've called people DA'S nutballs and many more names. You e accused other schools of recruiting and even accused a coach throwing a game. So we will all be waiting??


Can I have an apology at least? I haven't called anyone names.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby MA1984 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:35 am

Sorry to those offended by whatever I said. I did mean what I said. My purpose is not to offend anyone just to state my opinion. In the future I will try my hardest to keep in mind how my words can come off to others.
MA1984
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Klaactu » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:33 pm

So if I were a computer teacher and needed to show an example of what it meant to be cyber-bullied, I would have my students look at this site and read these posts against JB and RSISD.
Klaactu
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby tx6man4life » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:51 pm

Klaactu wrote:So if I were a computer teacher and needed to show an example of what it meant to be cyber-bullied, I would have my students look at this site and read these posts against JB and RSISD.


If you were a counselor or teacher of any kind and wanted to show your students what it looked like to be bullied you could show them how RS as a whole treated Coach Rigdon and his Family as well. Just thought it might be easier for them to connect to a case right in their own community instead of opinions and chatter from strangers on a message board! But that would have to come after the lesson of honesty, humility, and leadership if you want it to stick cause all are missing over there.
tx6man4life
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby BlueLonghorn » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm

It is sad that instead of building a solid program, folks have to get on here and bash a coach and his kids, just because they wish they had what Richland Springs has. I do not personally know Coach Burkhart, but I do know that despite all the bad things posted on here, he does know how to get his team to win. Nine state titles says it all. He must be doing something right because even if you cheat( and I am not saying he does anything that a lot of other coaches I know do) you still have to get it done on the field, and he does a pretty good job of it. Despite all the so called issues this year, all the team did is win another state title - and Coach Burkhart returned and got it done. Kids move in and out of small towns all the time. There are a lot of teams that have benefited from some very athletic move-ins. Communities that have long term coaches seem to do better than those that fire and re-hire ever year. Kids learn a program over time, not in one year. My point is everyone on here wishes they could have the kind of success the small town of Richland Springs has had, but not a lot are willing to put in the work to get there. My hat is off to Richland Springs and their kids because despite what folks dump on them they just keep finding a way to win. I really like the positive side of this site, but lately the negative - jealous - hateful side of folks are showing up far to often. This post, for instance, is a supposed issue involving nd UIL violations. It did not come from the UIL. It came from somebody who is mad at Richland for winning another title. IF and that is an IF Valley approved their kids to get rid of a parent then shame on them - not Richland for accepting the kids. Are the not supposed to be allowed to go where they please? IF the transferring school approves it who is in the wrong??? Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but when you try to make them facts without the stats to prove them then you are harming the other people involved and that can get you in trouble. This is why you cannot holler fire in a crowded theater. If you do and someone gets hurt you are liable. I wish the Richland program continued success and I do hope people beat them once in awhile, but if they do they will have to be good because the Richland program is that good. I am a retired veteran, and I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that that freedoms comes with the responsibility to use if right. Hats of to Richland. If you can beat them do it. If not figure out how they do it and do it better
BlueLonghorn
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:31 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:09 pm

BlueLonghorn wrote:It is sad that instead of building a solid program, folks have to get on here and bash a coach and his kids, just because they wish they had what Richland Springs has. I do not personally know Coach Burkhart, but I do know that despite all the bad things posted on here, he does know how to get his team to win. Nine state titles says it all. He must be doing something right because even if you cheat( and I am not saying he does anything that a lot of other coaches I know do) you still have to get it done on the field, and he does a pretty good job of it. Despite all the so called issues this year, all the team did is win another state title - and Coach Burkhart returned and got it done. Kids move in and out of small towns all the time. There are a lot of teams that have benefited from some very athletic move-ins. Communities that have long term coaches seem to do better than those that fire and re-hire ever year. Kids learn a program over time, not in one year. My point is everyone on here wishes they could have the kind of success the small town of Richland Springs has had, but not a lot are willing to put in the work to get there. My hat is off to Richland Springs and their kids because despite what folks dump on them they just keep finding a way to win. I really like the positive side of this site, but lately the negative - jealous - hateful side of folks are showing up far to often. This post, for instance, is a supposed issue involving nd UIL violations. It did not come from the UIL. It came from somebody who is mad at Richland for winning another title. IF and that is an IF Valley approved their kids to get rid of a parent then shame on them - not Richland for accepting the kids. Are the not supposed to be allowed to go where they please? IF the transferring school approves it who is in the wrong??? Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but when you try to make them facts without the stats to prove them then you are harming the other people involved and that can get you in trouble. This is why you cannot holler fire in a crowded theater. If you do and someone gets hurt you are liable. I wish the Richland program continued success and I do hope people beat them once in awhile, but if they do they will have to be good because the Richland program is that good. I am a retired veteran, and I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that that freedoms comes with the responsibility to use if right. Hats of to Richland. If you can beat them do it. If not figure out how they do it and do it better


Well said, and thank you for your service!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby FCSA football » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Blue Longhorn, you knocked the ball out of the park! Well thought out, straightforward presentation, point well made and precisely what needed to be said.
It was a pleasure to read!
Thanks!
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:03 pm

BlueLonghorn wrote:It is sad that instead of building a solid program, folks have to get on here and bash a coach and his kids, just because they wish they had what Richland Springs has. I do not personally know Coach Burkhart, but I do know that despite all the bad things posted on here, he does know how to get his team to win. Nine state titles says it all. He must be doing something right because even if you cheat( and I am not saying he does anything that a lot of other coaches I know do) you still have to get it done on the field, and he does a pretty good job of it. Despite all the so called issues this year, all the team did is win another state title - and Coach Burkhart returned and got it done. Kids move in and out of small towns all the time. There are a lot of teams that have benefited from some very athletic move-ins. Communities that have long term coaches seem to do better than those that fire and re-hire ever year. Kids learn a program over time, not in one year. My point is everyone on here wishes they could have the kind of success the small town of Richland Springs has had, but not a lot are willing to put in the work to get there. My hat is off to Richland Springs and their kids because despite what folks dump on them they just keep finding a way to win. I really like the positive side of this site, but lately the negative - jealous - hateful side of folks are showing up far to often. This post, for instance, is a supposed issue involving nd UIL violations. It did not come from the UIL. It came from somebody who is mad at Richland for winning another title. IF and that is an IF Valley approved their kids to get rid of a parent then shame on them - not Richland for accepting the kids. Are the not supposed to be allowed to go where they please? IF the transferring school approves it who is in the wrong??? Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but when you try to make them facts without the stats to prove them then you are harming the other people involved and that can get you in trouble. This is why you cannot holler fire in a crowded theater. If you do and someone gets hurt you are liable. I wish the Richland program continued success and I do hope people beat them once in awhile, but if they do they will have to be good because the Richland program is that good. I am a retired veteran, and I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that that freedoms comes with the responsibility to use if right. Hats of to Richland. If you can beat them do it. If not figure out how they do it and do it better

BlueLonghorn, We are looking for competitive equity in this situation. Your last sentence about figuring out how RS did it is not a mystery. Other schools are in the education business while RS is always beating the bushes to bring in new coaches with players and has done so over several years hence their gaudy record. Small schools have a difficult time maintaining enough football players to field a team much less build a powerhouse. Richland Springs argument is that is legal but it is recruiting and its penalizes all the schools that don't go out and do the same thing. It's not a level playing field. I was in the Rocking J Café in Comanche, Texas around Thanksgiving and heard one of the Richland Springs faithful bragging about JB and RS legal recruiting. Legal recruiting were his words not mine. Stop the crap about jealousy. RS continued success is similar to what was OU football's formula to success in the past, amazing urge to beat the system. Maybe the UIL will not act but they certainly need to look at RS way of doing things. They need to limit how many ringers can be brought into any program over a given period of time especially six man. I don't see anyone else concerned about how all the other schools and their players are missing out and getting beat in playoffs because of how RS loads up on players however they can. Yes I have an opinion and you being a veteran doesn't make your opinion any more important. Hats off to free speech!
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:58 pm

Texlonghorn75 wrote:
BlueLonghorn wrote:Maybe the UIL will not act but they certainly need to look at RS way of doing things. They need to limit how many ringers can be brought into any program over a given period of time especially six man.


I'm scared to ask this, but how exactly would the UIL limit state titles!?
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby FCSA football » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 am

I’ll probably reget this but here goes: I coached football AND baseball in the Cy Fair Sports Association in the ‘80’s and 90’s. In one of the age groups I coached there was a run rule, when a team scored a certain number of runs in an inning, the inning ended and a new inning began. In this particular situation we were ahead by one run, our opponent had the bases loaded and their best hitter at the plate. BUT THEY ONLY NEEDED TWO RUNS to win the game. It was 7:53pm. A new inning could Not start after 8:00 pm. I had the top of my order coming up and knew we could win IF I could get them up to bat.
I called time out and asked the plate umpire what time he had? “ 7:55”, he said. New inning can’t start after 8:00 right? “Right”. I turned to my catcher and said “Grant on the next pitch throw the ball over the second basemen into center field! “ WHAT” he yelled, “Grant, I don’t have time to argue, throw the ball into center field. Grant was MAD and he threw the ball all the way to the wall, almost dinged our center fielder. The base coaches started screaming for All the base runners to go home. About the time the third base coach realized what was happening, the kid that had been on first was rounding third. No way to stop him. “What time is it ump” 7:58. New inning started. We won, and won the Championship. For the next week the opinions varied from praise to being kicked out as a coach.
On the night of the big meeting it looked like a riot was going to take place. I was called every name in the book, even some I’ve not yet seen here. It finally came time for me to answer. I held up the Rule Book. “This is YOUR rule book, not mine but you gave it to me and said “these are the rules we play by.” I read this rule book, we played by the rules and won. The other coach must have not read your rule book, he lost.
My kids come out to practice and work and play hard. They deserve to win when they earn it. They earned it. Their parents come to practices and games to support and cheer for their kids. As a coach it’s my job to teach them how to play the game and play by the rules. They did and they won, your complaint isn’t with me, but the other teams coach. They didn’t play by the rules. They lost.
So on this particular thread people might want to start Actually Reading the Rules, then quoting Chapter and Verse to establish their case with Facts. Opinions, no matter how strong they are, gossip, no matter how good it sounds, is nothing but mindless chatter from the nattering nabobs of negativity clattering away in Keyboardlandia. .
That’s what I have to say about that...........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby LBK6manFan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:22 am

TebowTime15 wrote:
Texlonghorn75 wrote:
BlueLonghorn wrote:Maybe the UIL will not act but they certainly need to look at RS way of doing things. They need to limit how many ringers can be brought into any program over a given period of time especially six man.


I'm scared to ask this, but how exactly would the UIL limit state titles!?

Cmon Tebow, thought you were smarter than this... He didnt mean state titles, he meant great players being brought into RS from recruiting. Which is accurate.
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:56 am

I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby MA1984 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:24 pm

To those who have their lips tattooed on Burkharts butt you aren’t doing him any favors.
MA1984
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby LBK6manFan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:30 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.


Ok, here's a hypothetical for ya Tebow....What happens when the Rigdons leave (2× all state starters), the TA who's gettin paid around $45k with the 2 senior boys from Valley ( I know one made all-state). So theres atleast one more starter gone, possibly 2 depending on what the other Valley boy played. The other senior boy that made all-state will be gone. That's 5 starters gone leaving only JB and his boy at RS. What do you think the odds are that JB brings in another coach or 2, maybe a teacher with boys known to be ringers (good/great players)? I think you know the answer...
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: Uh Oh! RS in trouble... UIL Violations

Postby Coaching4greatness » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:53 pm

LBK6manFan wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:I just read what he said...sorry I cannot psychological know other people's feelings and emotions like you can. Honestly, I appreciate you putting up with dumb ole me!

How would you "limit good players?!" Are the UIL bueracrats going to go out to practice with stop watches and be like "you are too good, come back next year after X graduates."

You know, I came across a quote by the superintendent of Stanton, when I was arguing with that Stanton person, during which he said something about JB being strong in strength and conditioning. While I have no idea if he is or not, his teams sure block and tackle well.

In fact, I watched Richland play Medina this year and saw the very end of the JV game. #17 for RS looked like he should be in elementary school due to his size. My dad saw him the play before and told me to watch him. Medina runs fakes a run out of tight and then tries to role the QB out. #17 read it perfectly and tackles the QB for a 5 yard loss.

I've seen lots of Richland Springs games over the years, and #17 is not an anomaly. Maybe they recruit, maybe they don't, but #17 and all the players like him over the years proves that Jerry builds talent.

Like I said, Jerry would be coaching at Novice, who no longer has a school, if the UIL had it's way.


Ok, here's a hypothetical for ya Tebow....What happens when the Rigdons leave (2× all state starters), the TA who's gettin paid around $45k with the 2 senior boys from Valley ( I know one made all-state). So theres atleast one more starter gone, possibly 2 depending on what the other Valley boy played. The other senior boy that made all-state will be gone. That's 5 starters gone leaving only JB and his boy at RS. What do you think the odds are that JB brings in another coach or 2, maybe a teacher with boys known to be ringers (good/great players)? I think you know the answer...

He won’t have to hire anyone or get anymore athletes if that’s what your saying . His son is good enough to get another state championship in d2 . Yeah it will hurt loosing those 2 but his boy is a stud and can carry the load
Coaching4greatness
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests