McLean vs white deer

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:09 pm

So did linman call Rainer his first year at McLean for help running his defense because he was still at follett that's a Fact.... That same year linman ran the same defense he did then as he does now without rainer being there that's another Fact.. you are way off so dig in I cant wait lol.
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:22 pm

swires wrote:Oh Ill keep digging. The defense deal came from Rainer. Same defense that was ran in Follett by Etheridge when Rainer was there. McLean never ran defense that way until Rainer got there. Still no facts proven. Remove Crockett from the field the last 2 years. What do you get??? You get McLean staying at the house come playoff time!!!!!!


* Dug yourself in another hole there Andee, I think your facts are wrong. Please prove your facts? Where was Rainer, Linman, Copley, and Rucker 3 years ago? Please state the facts. Linmans only 2 losses before balmorhea came from Happy(1st year) until Balmorhea early this year. You want to bring up the past then you need to do some research. So... my research tells me that Linman went 11-2 his first year, 2nd year won a state championship. 3rd year is still pending. Am I wrong?
P.S- keep digging because you obviously havent started Andee Swires.
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:32 pm

LBK6manFan wrote:
swires wrote:There is no need for apologies. I do not see that anything got out of hand. Did I take exception to it being said that Linman was 2 or 3 times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him the last 5 times they have played? I did. I did not try to discredit McLeans coach. I have said it twice on this thread and also on a previous thread that I believe he is a good coach. If by me stating that he is not the reason for McLeans overall success since he started there discredits him, then I am wrong. It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see the real reason behind the success at McLean. The biggest reason for McLeans success is Crockett! Close to that is the addition of Coach Ranier and his defense. Does Linman deserve credit for being a huge part of state championship and potential state championship? 100%. Does that make him the greatest thing since peanut butter like he has been portrayed? No. Is he a great offensive strategist who has changed the way 6 man is played? No he is not. He runs the same plays and offense that the majority of coaches in 6 man use. Does he teach his kids fundamentals and inspire them to be greater individuals in life? Absolutely yes. Does it make him three times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him every time they have faced each other? No. We (I included) judge coaches for all kinds of different reasons. Are wins, losses, and rings what determine the character and success of a coach? It all depends on which ruler you are measuring with. I dont know what facts you stated that make you think i was proven wrong. McLean has beaten WD the last 5 times they have played? I never disagreed with that. I saw all of the games in person so I know who won. I never declared a winner or loser in this game. I simply stated that to beat McLean, a team has to tackle Crockett and score more points against a very aggressive good tackling defense. That hasnt happened the last 5 times these two teams have played. If White Deer can do that Friday night, then they will win the game.If not, McLean will win. Oh, and Ill still be here.


* You literally said Linman hasnt had success before McLean won a state championship(1st ever) I proved you wrong, he had Crockett as a skinny sophomore and went to the quarterfinals. Hopefully you've heard of offseason and strength and conditioning which Linman brought in. Not to mention you discredited him on his defense, which he brought in before Rainer. He runs what is effective and what works with the personnel he has. Didnt he have to replace 3-4 quality starters from last years team? Yes. Prove ME wrong Andee?
*And... you do have ties to WD, congrats on the Does! I would assume it would be the lady pirates of Lefors...

Crockett was a skinny sophomore. In speaking of his history of 6 man, I was referring to his time at Anton where he made a few playoff appearances but never anything stellar. I was not referring his coaching at McLean although I was wrong because I thought he had only been there 2 years. Off season workouts?? What is that? And he didn't replace 3 or 4 starter from last year or he would be undefeated again! LBK6manfan and 6manonly hiding behind a screen name. Me having ties to WD has no relevance to this. Apparently you miss the whole point. Regardless if Linman has won 50 state championships, it does not make him any better than a coach who has never won a game and it doesn't make him a 2 or 3 times better coach than Rucker.

And Coach Bigfan22, remove the Crockett boys from either situation and what do have??
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 pm

And I could be wrong but I never recall McLean running a 5 1 defense against the JBird until Rainer got there. And they did not defend the same way against spread offense before he got there.
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:39 pm

You still haven't proven anything to me and you haven't said anything about it. How many games would McLean have won the last 3 years without CROCKETT?????
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 pm

swires wrote:And I could be wrong but I never recall McLean running a 5 1 defense against the JBird until Rainer got there. And they did not defend the same way against spread offense before he got there.

*My name is Kris Roach and I played for Miami. 05 grad, as I've stated before multiple times. Linman changed the Defense day one when he got there. You could call it a 5-1 or a 6 man front but HE installed it. It was coached, planned, and game changing. I know multiple coaches who can attest to that. All you are doing is digging yourself in a bigger hole. I doubt that you even know what actual blocking assignments are on offense(my opinion). But please tell me?? You discredited his 1st year at McLean(reached the quarterfinals)which was a job that most coaches wouldve stayed away from. He had his players buy in and chemistry followed and success came after hard work and discipline. McLean had never been a "contender" per se until Linman was hired there. You still have not proven me wrong Andee.One more thing... how have you never heard of offseason workouts? Proves to me that you're an amateur in the game of football. Apologies if that offends you but its the truth. Plus I know and am friends with plenty of people from Lefors. What are your credentials if you dont mind me asking?
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 pm

So statements like I could be wrong and I don't remember are your way of saying you were wrong and you were!! That is a fact!! Hes been in McLean for 3 years that's a fact.. McLean who from what I've been told has been terrible in the past and there record proves that if you look back.. the combination of a great talent pool in McLean last 3 years and one of the best coaches around is why they are where they are. Swires if you were at the games last year you know what McLean lost they were one of the Best 6man teams of all time. That's a fact.. So he graduated 4 all-state huge seniors yet they reload this year and here we are.. Ben Crockett will go down in history as one of the greatest but I bet you one thing if you put him on lefors this year they make two rounds In the playoffs at best.. so You put all that in McLean at once and they do what they do starting at the top. If WD put all that together then we could flip the order of this conversation. But they dont and they havent. Is bill belichick a better coach than jason Garrett? Yes that's a fact I follow it all very closely with an un biased opinion and after 5 beatings and I do mean beatings it's fair to say that Linman has outcoached rucker that's a fact!!!
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:38 pm

6manonly wrote:So statements like I could be wrong and I don't remember are your way of saying you were wrong and you were!! That is a fact!! Hes been in McLean for 3 years that's a fact.. McLean who from what I've been told has been terrible in the past and there record proves that if you look back.. the combination of a great talent pool in McLean last 3 years and one of the best coaches around is why they are where they are. Swires if you were at the games last year you know what McLean lost they were one of the Best 6man teams of all time. That's a fact.. So he graduated 4 all-state huge seniors yet they reload this year and here we are.. Ben Crockett will go down in history as one of the greatest but I bet you one thing if you put him on lefors this year they make two rounds In the playoffs at best.. so You put all that in McLean at once and they do what they do starting at the top. If WD put all that together then we could flip the order of this conversation. But they dont and they havent. Is bill belichick a better coach than jason Garrett? Yes that's a fact I follow it all very closely with an un biased opinion and after 5 beatings and I do mean beatings it's fair to say that Linman has outcoached rucker that's a fact!!!

* Where are you from if you dont mind me asking, I am completely on the same page as you lol. You atleast prove facts and history unlike Andee.
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm

I now live in Fredericksburg and grew up in new Mexico and 6 man there was so exciting and when I moved to texas I became addicted I go to many games from all parts of the state I talk to the locals I study the game and I live to watch 6man football. I have no dogs in the fights but feel strongly about people who base there comments on things other than facts. So really I should butt out but sometimes I just cant lol..
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 pm

6manonly wrote:I now live in Fredericksburg and grew up in new Mexico and 6 man there was so exciting and when I moved to texas I became addicted I go to many games from all parts of the state I talk to the locals I study the game and I live to watch 6man football. I have no dogs in the fights but feel strongly about people who base there comments on things other than facts. So really I should butt out but sometimes I just cant lol..


* I disagree, you know your 6man. Glad to know that there are people from NM that still care about 6man. Still dont get why theres 11,8,&6man there when it's new mexico. I know VCA (roswell) was a force in 04. Wonder what happened with them?
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Yes sir that is the year they beat Whitharral and garden city by 30 ish.
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 pm

I think 16 was there last year to play
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:15 pm

And one more thing Mr Swires I met several parents from McLean last year at the state championship game and still visit on a regular basis. My information is factual and straight from the horses mouth....
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby Cw74 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:34 pm

White Deer was undefeated in Jh starting with the graduating class from last year. I’m a lifer in white deer and Love my my Bucks. But to be fair I’ve seen a ton of Jh undefeated teams not amount to much at in high school (both 6 man and 11 man) and I’ve seen some bad Jh teams be really good and win a lot.
I first noticed Crocket his sophomore year. McLean wasn’t supposed to be that good and we were picked to win the final game of the season against them. As we all know it was a big upset and we lost.
I’ve seen all these kids from Mclean and white deer since they were in elementary playing pewee. Both towns played 11 man. McLean played in shamrock or pampa teams and white deer played against them. A lot of those kids I didn’t figure would amount to anything and shame on me for thinking that cause they proved me wrong. But it was enjoyable to watch them all grow up and compete and perform.
I don’t know if it’s coaching, culture, or any of that other stufff y’all have opinions on but I’m just thankful to see these kids compete, at a high level with only about 40 miles between them.
To me that’s the most impressive thing about it all.
Cw74
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:03 am

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:04 am

You fellas still don't get the whole point. Regardless of your so called facts and all you "think" you may know from what you have been "told" by a coach or some parent I have seen them first hand. So you can bash me all you want. You can question me. You can call me whatever it is you think is necessary. You can question my sanity or my knowledge of the game. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.
You want facts-here they are and the points I have been making. 1. The greatness of a coach can only be defined by what you are measuring him/her by. 2. Crockett is the driving force on the team and without him, McLean does not win a state championship and we aren't having this conversation. The Chicago Bulls would not have won any of their championships without Michael Jordan. Crockett is the Jordan of 6 man football at this time. 3. I never said I could be wrong, I said I was wrong because I thought Llinman had only been there the last 2 years. 4. McLean hasn't always been terrible and they were contenders in 89-90 under Jerry Miller.
And as far as my credentials or where Im from or who Im cheering for, it doesn't matter. It will not have any impact on the game. What I think I might know or what you think you might know means diddly squat and it will be decided Friday night and there is nothing that any of us can do except to sit back and watch the coaches and kids do their thing.
Ranier being difference is a matter of opinion. Mines different than yours. I agreed with your opinion about Linman being a good coach. Our opinions differ on as to why but that's ok. Your opinion that he is 2 or 3 times the coach that Rucker is, is your opinion based off of the number of wins Linman has against him and 3 playoff appearances in his 3 seasons. From what I gather, those two statistics are your measuring tool. If that's the case, then Linman is the better coach and I cant argue against it. That's not my only measuring tool to define a great coach and I don't think any of want to try to start that argument.
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests