McLean vs white deer

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:58 pm

LBK6manFan wrote:
swires wrote:Im not denying your facts. And I know a great deal about the McLean boys also. To say Linman is 3 times the coach or Rucker is a discredit to Rucker. Thats not a fact. Its an opinion. I stated an opinion as to why McLean has dominated them. 1 is the opinion that Ranier is the reason for the defensive dominance. The 2nd is the fact that Crockett is the unstoppable force on the team.

And lubbock feller, Crockett and the group from last year didnt start to dominate until last year after their sophomore season. Skellytown is a part of the school district so the kids from there are not transfers. As far as Pampa transfers, im not sure. I know that there a few on the team who have always gone to school in WD and have always lived in Pampa or their parents moved to Pampa later. To my knowledge, there are no Panhandle transfers. There isnt anything there to justify that WD should be superior in stock!


*Linmans 1st year at McLean he took them to the quarterfinals and also beat WD 50-36 that year. He is undefeated against Rucker.


You say he took them. They took him there. Barry Switzer won a Superbowl with Cowboys when he had the team to do it with!
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm

I'll take responsibility for starting this coaching duel for that I'm sorry. You are trying to discredit him now so let's move on it will get us nowhere but right back here.
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:25 pm

6manonly wrote:I'll take responsibility for starting this coaching duel for that I'm sorry. You are trying to discredit him now so let's move on it will get us nowhere but right back here.

* I take responsibility too, I like to stir the pot a bit especially when I have the facts. My opinions still stay the same but this argument did get out of hand. My apologies 6manonly, you are right.
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm just glad swiress never try to discredit Mcleans coach lol..
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:56 pm

6manonly wrote:I'm just glad swiress never try to discredit Mcleans coach lol..

Not once lol, even when proven wrong. I guess we will here from ole Andrew Swires after the game is played. Or not lol
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:14 pm

There is no need for apologies. I do not see that anything got out of hand. Did I take exception to it being said that Linman was 2 or 3 times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him the last 5 times they have played? I did. I did not try to discredit McLeans coach. I have said it twice on this thread and also on a previous thread that I believe he is a good coach. If by me stating that he is not the reason for McLeans overall success since he started there discredits him, then I am wrong. It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see the real reason behind the success at McLean. The biggest reason for McLeans success is Crockett! Close to that is the addition of Coach Ranier and his defense. Does Linman deserve credit for being a huge part of state championship and potential state championship? 100%. Does that make him the greatest thing since peanut butter like he has been portrayed? No. Is he a great offensive strategist who has changed the way 6 man is played? No he is not. He runs the same plays and offense that the majority of coaches in 6 man use. Does he teach his kids fundamentals and inspire them to be greater individuals in life? Absolutely yes. Does it make him three times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him every time they have faced each other? No. We (I included) judge coaches for all kinds of different reasons. Are wins, losses, and rings what determine the character and success of a coach? It all depends on which ruler you are measuring with. I dont know what facts you stated that make you think i was proven wrong. McLean has beaten WD the last 5 times they have played? I never disagreed with that. I saw all of the games in person so I know who won. I never declared a winner or loser in this game. I simply stated that to beat McLean, a team has to tackle Crockett and score more points against a very aggressive good tackling defense. That hasnt happened the last 5 times these two teams have played. If White Deer can do that Friday night, then they will win the game.If not, McLean will win. Oh, and Ill still be here.
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Which side you sitting on swires WD or Mclean
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby pistol » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:39 pm

Swires— why do you not think Linman does the defense?
It sure seems like he did it last year at least?
pistol
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:45 pm

swires wrote:There is no need for apologies. I do not see that anything got out of hand. Did I take exception to it being said that Linman was 2 or 3 times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him the last 5 times they have played? I did. I did not try to discredit McLeans coach. I have said it twice on this thread and also on a previous thread that I believe he is a good coach. If by me stating that he is not the reason for McLeans overall success since he started there discredits him, then I am wrong. It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see the real reason behind the success at McLean. The biggest reason for McLeans success is Crockett! Close to that is the addition of Coach Ranier and his defense. Does Linman deserve credit for being a huge part of state championship and potential state championship? 100%. Does that make him the greatest thing since peanut butter like he has been portrayed? No. Is he a great offensive strategist who has changed the way 6 man is played? No he is not. He runs the same plays and offense that the majority of coaches in 6 man use. Does he teach his kids fundamentals and inspire them to be greater individuals in life? Absolutely yes. Does it make him three times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him every time they have faced each other? No. We (I included) judge coaches for all kinds of different reasons. Are wins, losses, and rings what determine the character and success of a coach? It all depends on which ruler you are measuring with. I dont know what facts you stated that make you think i was proven wrong. McLean has beaten WD the last 5 times they have played? I never disagreed with that. I saw all of the games in person so I know who won. I never declared a winner or loser in this game. I simply stated that to beat McLean, a team has to tackle Crockett and score more points against a very aggressive good tackling defense. That hasnt happened the last 5 times these two teams have played. If White Deer can do that Friday night, then they will win the game.If not, McLean will win. Oh, and Ill still be here.


* You literally said Linman hasnt had success before McLean won a state championship(1st ever) I proved you wrong, he had Crockett as a skinny sophomore and went to the quarterfinals. Hopefully you've heard of offseason and strength and conditioning which Linman brought in. Not to mention you discredited him on his defense, which he brought in before Rainer. He runs what is effective and what works with the personnel he has. Didnt he have to replace 3-4 quality starters from last years team? Yes. Prove ME wrong Andee?
*And... you do have ties to WD, congrats on the Does! I would assume it would be the lady pirates of Lefors...
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:47 pm

pistol wrote:Swires— why do you not think Linman does the defense?
It sure seems like he did it last year at least?

*THANK YOU!!!
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby BigFan22 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Linman has absolutely turned the program around. I watched McLean way back in 20(11)?. Crockett’s older brother was a stud, and the McLean team was stacked. But the coaching was literally some of the worst I’ve seen. Athletes make plays, coaches make champions.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm

BigFan22 wrote:Linman has absolutely turned the program around. I watched McLean way back in 20(11)?. Crockett’s older brother was a stud, and the McLean team was stacked. But the coaching was literally some of the worst I’ve seen. Athletes make plays, coaches make champions.

* And BOOM goes the dynamite! You are spot on. Well said
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby 6manonly » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Give a guy just enough rope lol.. I believe he played himself. Will he dig in and say more or just walk away..
6manonly
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby LBK6manFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:30 pm

6manonly wrote:Give a guy just enough rope lol.. I believe he played himself. Will he dig in and say more or just walk away..

*Lol, I just want to repeat what you said. Perfect response!
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby swires » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Oh Ill keep digging. The defense deal came from Rainer. Same defense that was ran in Follett by Etheridge when Rainer was there. McLean never ran defense that way until Rainer got there. Still no facts proven. Remove Crockett from the field the last 2 years. What do you get??? You get McLean staying at the house come playoff time!!!!!!
swires
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am
Location: Lefors, TX

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron