McLean vs white deer

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: McLean vs white deer

Postby Redraider092 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:13 am

It is extremely disappointing and, frankly, very disrespectful to see comments derogatory about one coach vs another. Both of these gentlemen are very good coaches and have built very good programs at their respective schools. Both are also outstanding individuals. There is no need for this banter that has become personal. Just support the kids that are on the field playing their hearts out and congratulate the winner and congratulate the loser on a season well done. All they both have done is played there way as one of the last 8 standing in the state. But enough is enough.
Redraider092
6-Man Fan

Postby Bluecat98 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:40 pm

When you saw them play McLean demolished them, so what’s the difference?? You can have all the heart and determination you want, but talent ultimately prevails 95 percent of the time at this level. Dis WD have kids out last time? Does McLean this time?
Bluecat98
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Nobody has put down the whitedeer coach. It's only been said that Linman has out coached him. Thats not an opinion its factual. Not everyone gets a trophy so no apologies for stating facts.
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 am

This game will be broadcast by Texas1afan at 1afan.com.
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby pistol » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:19 pm

6manonly wrote:This game will be broadcast by Texas1afan at 1afan.com.

Which is coincidentally texas1afans website
pistol
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes I saw it on their website since i cant make the game they are doing jayton blackwell i believe and maybe Borden Rankin
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby swires » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:21 pm

Well a great deal has been said in regards to this game. Coaching has been brought into question. Rucker has built a program from the ground up. Linman, on the other hand, inherited a team. To say that he built them is ludicrous. To say that one player cant make that big of a difference on the field, why do people talk about Tyler Etheridge and Dwayne Miles? Why are their pictures at the top of the main page of this site? The team Linman inherited was undefeated in Jr. High and destroyed opponents then. I know why Kittley chose to move on and it had nothing to do with the kids he was coaching. If Linman was so great, why did he not win a state championship in Anton and Nebraska? Now, all that said, Linman is a good coach. Rucker is a good coach. Since we are talking of betting, I would bet that Rucker will be in WD next year and I would bet that Linman moves on.

Whats the difference in this game???? It will all depend on the whole reason that McLean has won the last 4 games in my opinion. Not Ruckers inability to coach or Linmans ability to coach. The difference has been defense. Since you guys dont all get to see it, Im gonna give credit where credit is due. Coach Ranier has been the difference. Why? He learned from Etheridge! He changed the way McLean plays defense just like Follett had success with. This game comes down to two things. Will White Deer find a way to prevent Crockett from running wild and can WD find a way to overcome McLeans relentless defense? If WD does those two things, they win the game. If not, it has the potential to be a repeat.
swires
6-Man Fan

Postby glorydaze » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Mr. Swires, you seem to have a lot of knowledgeable info. If I remember correctly wasn’t this same group of WD players undefeated in Junior high?? I know when Crockett and this Sr. group were in Junior High everyone wanted these two teams to play then but never had the chance.
glorydaze
11-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Swires can have his opinion as can we. Going to the games doesnt give him the right to discredit the McLean coach in my opinion.
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:51 pm

In fact to say that Linman didnt build a team is ludicrous. Sound like some WD bias or maybe just straight jealousy.
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby swires » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:56 am

Im not sure on WD's JH record but I would not doubt that they were undefeated as well. Only 6 man, Im not discrediting Linman. He is a good coach. Ive said that previously. Not sure if I did it on the post or another. Rucker was discredited on this thread though. No jealousy or WD bias at all from me. I dont have a dog in the fight. Ive seen both teams and coaches play a great deal the last two seasons. Ive seen more of the McLean boys as they have grown up than WD's. Im just giving respect where respect is due. Ranier is the difference maker as far as coaching in McLean in my opinion. And the team that McLean had last year could have been coached by just about anybody and they still would have won the whole thing. They were just that good. And because of Crockett, they are still a force to be reckoned. You dont beat McLean if you dont stop him. Remove him from the team and you still have a playoff team but not a championship contender. In fact, if Crockett isnt the reason for McLeans success, lets leave him on the sideline for this week or any of the remainder of their games and we will see just how far McLean advances. That will show if Linmans coaching ability. If Linman is such a great team builder, he will stay in McLean because there will be a great deal of building to do in the coming years. No disrespect. Just an opinion. If, if, if, but, but, but.
swires
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manonly » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:00 am

I'll get away from opinions and state facts. McLean has beat Wd 4 times in two years by a total of around 230 to 90. I have a good friend who's son plays for McLean and they say Linman has completely changed a culture and is an excellent coach and person. I'll take his and many others Word over your opinions. Nobody discredited Rucker as I dont know him either just stated statistical facts. If your such a consumer of the 6man game up there then you surely have seen the difference. Good luck to both teams and players. I'll be in Robert lee to watch the bc and Rankin state championship game as they both can and will beat either of the panhandle teams(opinion)
6manonly
6-Man Fan

Postby LBK6manFan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 am

6manonly wrote:I'll get away from opinions and state facts. McLean has beat Wd 4 times in two years by a total of around 230 to 90. I have a good friend who's son plays for McLean and they say Linman has completely changed a culture and is an excellent coach and person. I'll take his and many others Word over your opinions. Nobody discredited Rucker as I dont know him either just stated statistical facts. If your such a consumer of the 6man game up there then you surely have seen the difference. Good luck to both teams and players. I'll be in Robert lee to watch the bc and Rankin state championship game as they both can and will beat either of the panhandle teams(opinion)

I couldnt agree with you more 6manonly. And Swires... facts dont have feelings. WDs sophomore class also went undefeated in JH. The talent is there. Not to mention WD has the benefit of getting all the kids from skellytown and transfers from pampa and panhandle. McLean doesn't.
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan

Postby swires » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Im not denying your facts. And I know a great deal about the McLean boys also. To say Linman is 3 times the coach or Rucker is a discredit to Rucker. Thats not a fact. Its an opinion. I stated an opinion as to why McLean has dominated them. 1 is the opinion that Ranier is the reason for the defensive dominance. The 2nd is the fact that Crockett is the unstoppable force on the team.

And lubbock feller, Crockett and the group from last year didnt start to dominate until last year after their sophomore season. Skellytown is a part of the school district so the kids from there are not transfers. As far as Pampa transfers, im not sure. I know that there a few on the team who have always gone to school in WD and have always lived in Pampa or their parents moved to Pampa later. To my knowledge, there are no Panhandle transfers. There isnt anything there to justify that WD should be superior in stock!
swires
6-Man Fan

Postby LBK6manFan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:15 pm

swires wrote:Im not denying your facts. And I know a great deal about the McLean boys also. To say Linman is 3 times the coach or Rucker is a discredit to Rucker. Thats not a fact. Its an opinion. I stated an opinion as to why McLean has dominated them. 1 is the opinion that Ranier is the reason for the defensive dominance. The 2nd is the fact that Crockett is the unstoppable force on the team.

And lubbock feller, Crockett and the group from last year didnt start to dominate until last year after their sophomore season. Skellytown is a part of the school district so the kids from there are not transfers. As far as Pampa transfers, im not sure. I know that there a few on the team who have always gone to school in WD and have always lived in Pampa or their parents moved to Pampa later. To my knowledge, there are no Panhandle transfers. There isnt anything there to justify that WD should be superior in stock!

*Linmans 1st year at McLean he took them to the quarterfinals and also beat WD 50-36 that year. He is undefeated against Rucker.
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk