#1 Balmorhea vs #4 Rankin

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: #1 Balmorhea vs #4 Rankin

Postby Ares » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Well, Garden City knocks off Sterling City by a score of 64-46.
Ares
6-Man Fan

Postby Goonesfarm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Ares wrote:
SixmanFootballFan1 wrote:I have to say, after being there last night, what a game by Rankin! I had Balmorhea by 30+ and boy was I wrong. Balmorhea came out slow and rankin came out fast. Rankin’s 5-1 man/blitz defense proved to be to much for the bears offense last night. This shakes up the playoff bracket a bit as Balmorhea will more than likely play sterling city next week (only team to beat rankin). There’s a good chance these two meet up again in the 3rd round. Excited for another season of playoff football!!

I kind of doubt they'll meet. If Balmorhea can get passed Sterling City. Which wont be easy unless they get their sh*t together. They'll be on a collision course with Borden County. And as usual, everyone seems to be sleeping on the Coyotes. Balmorhea was not prepared properly for this game. They probably slept on them and found out real quick, they shouldn't have. Rankin did everything right. They took advantage of those 3 interceptions (4th INT to end game) and put 3 TDs on the board. Rankin will have to be careful though. Garden City will be looking for revenge and it's not always easy beating the same team twice. Who knows though, maybe we have it wrong and GC takes down SC.

Let them sleep, worked out well for the Coyotes in 2016 and 2017!
Goonesfarm
6-Man Fan

Postby Red_Devil_DDS » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:56 am

On to next week.
Red_Devil_DDS
Administrator of Pain

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 am

Ares wrote:
Devils_Messenger wrote:You are right, and Vance Jones always makes great mid game adjustments. But no way balmorhea should ever have been a favorite by as much as they were. Second half will be a good one.

Vance Jones also has a tendency to be stubborn with his play calling and not change up the game plan. If he makes his changes and those kids begin blocking. It could be a very interesting 2nd half. The blocking for Balmorhea is their main issue. They've been hit in the back field pretty much every play.

Have you ever noticed he throws to the outside end like 90% of the time on pass plays out of his J-Bird? I always thought that was so strange.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby Ares » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:29 am

TebowTime15 wrote:Have you ever noticed he throws to the outside end like 90% of the time on pass plays out of his J-Bird? I always thought that was so strange.

Yes I have. It wouldnt surprise me if that play is designed that way.
Ares
6-Man Fan

Postby LBK6manFan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 pm

This ones up for grabs fellas. I picked Rankin as the favorite early on, but it seems like all the teams are pretty even. What a district and bye-district!!!! Theres gonna be a couple of very solid teams playing basketball early because of this. Should be interesting
LBK6manFan
6-Man Fan

Postby Devils_Messenger » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:10 pm

LBK6manFan wrote:This ones up for grabs fellas. I picked Rankin as the favorite early on, but it seems like all the teams are pretty even. What a district and bye-district!!!! Theres gonna be a couple of very solid teams playing basketball early because of this. Should be interesting

I agree, more than just a couple teams from the West will be getting robbed, any one of the powerhouses from here could win a state championship. But I do believe the team repping the west will come from one of these bi-district matchups; SC/Rankin or GC/Balmorhea.
Devils_Messenger
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk