Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Texas Six Man Football Independent Bowl Series

Postby FCSA football » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Bump
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby 3rdandaninch » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:05 pm

That sounds great for seniors! I never thought about them not getting to play postseason. So the UIL teams that are ahead of them in the power rankings that will not make the playoffs do they not get a chance to play in this series?
3rdandaninch
11-Man Fan

Postby GoBucks » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:32 pm

3rdandaninch wrote:That sounds great for seniors! I never thought about them not getting to play postseason. So the UIL teams that are ahead of them in the power rankings that will not make the playoffs do they not get a chance to play in this series?

The bowl series is for teams that missed the cutoff for realignment, but dropped to 1a/6man after. Since they would have either 1 or 2 years at that level, there is not a UIL option. The UIL teams have an option - win or be 2nd in your district and you get to go to the playoffs. This isn't a "everybody gets a trophy" thing. There have been times when there are 3 very good teams in a district and one gets left out of the playoffs. It's just the way sports goes, some win and some don't.
GoBucks
11-Man Fan

Postby 3rdandaninch » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Could not agree more that is why I was lost on being called a state championship.
3rdandaninch
11-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:03 pm

If you go to the “Rankings” site on Sixman.com you see UIL DIV 1, DIV 2, TAPPS, TCAL, TACF, and TAIAO. They all have Divisions and State Champions, so do we. In our case however you see kids that had nothing to do with a decision made by adults, seeing their Senior year of football slip away. We provide those kids and ALL kids in the Independent Classification something to play for from day one. In UIL you only need to place in District play to advance. In our BOWL SERIES every play of every games decides who gets to play for the Championship.
There is no room for “off weeks”. You either play like a Champion every play of every game to improve your rankings with sixman, or you don’t get an invitation. You have to be on your game every week. No room for error. Overall much more strenuous than any of the others including the ALPHABET!
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:17 pm

My response to the question on Sixman.com reference our Championship. If our Bowl Series Teams weren't Champions in their own right, they wouldn't have received an invitation to play in the Bowl Series. They have to be good in EVERY game. In my opinion it's a much tougher standard to meet. You may not agree with the method of the Sixman.com ranking system but One and done is a lot tougher than 1 plays 4, etc., etc.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby pistol » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:55 pm

FCSA football wrote:If you go to the “Rankings” site on Sixman.com you see UIL DIV 1, DIV 2, TAPPS, TCAL, TACF, and TAIAO. They all have Divisions and State Champions, so do we. In our case however you see kids that had nothing to do with a decision made by adults, seeing their Senior year of football slip away. We provide those kids and ALL kids in the Independent Classification something to play for from day one. In UIL you only need to place in District play to advance. In our BOWL SERIES every play of every games decides who gets to play for the Championship.
There is no room for “off weeks”. You either play like a Champion every play of every game to improve your rankings with sixman, or you don’t get an invitation. You have to be on your game every week. No room for error. Overall much more strenuous than any of the others including the ALPHABET!

From the looks of the records of the teams there might be a little room for error
pistol
6-Man Fan

Postby 3rdandaninch » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:34 am

I wasn’t trying to talk down your BOWL SERIES. I also believe I said it was great for seniors. As a Sixman person the only Texas STATE CHAMPIONSHIP is played in ARLINGTON. Bowl Series Champion, yes, and that is a great thing. You do a great service and I’m not trying to take that away. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.
3rdandaninch
11-Man Fan

Postby djb0412 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:08 am

3rdandaninch wrote:I wasn’t trying to talk down your BOWL SERIES. I also believe I said it was great for seniors. As a Sixman person the only Texas STATE CHAMPIONSHIP is played in ARLINGTON. Bowl Series Champion, yes, and that is a great thing. You do a great service and I’m not trying to take that away. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Only State Championship?? So TAPPS (the 27th largest league in the country, and the largest Private School league in the nation) that's not a State Chamionship?? There is TCAF, and TCAL both have State Championships, the Bowl Series is an amazing idea and great for teams not in a league. By the way, this is it's third year!!

To answer an earlier question, no UIL teams playing in a district don't play in it, it's for teams that play independent all year, like my school. We will be entering a TAPPS district next year. You may not be trying to offend but your do a pretty good job of it.
djb0412
6-Man Fan

Postby 3rdandaninch » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:59 am

All I said is it is not a State Championship. It is a Bowl Series Championship. You want to be offended than I guess you can.
3rdandaninch
11-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:17 am

No offense taken but it is a State Championship just as the old BCS proclaimed a National Champion.
The reason we have both a public AND private Championship is that this year our ranks grew by almost 40% IN ONE YEAR, due to the various coincidences surrounding the timing of multiple schools deciding to move to six man and leave the Crowded Field behind, obviously the UIL realignment dates played a huge part. We welcome our public school brothers. It is providing an opportunity to Crown not One, but Two State Champions. Please don’t cut the kids short. The excitement and emotion here in Gholson is just as real and as high as if these kids we’re playing in Jerry’s World.
Do your part and Cheer for them all !
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk