Officiating 2019

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Officiating 2019

Postby JasonTX » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:26 pm

coachj25 wrote:When I was college we had to take an officiating class. We worked the lubbock jr high games. That is how I got into officiating during college. My the chapters should go that route . They only complaint I have is the blocking below the waist on a peel back block. Happened twice. Same team did it in a scrimmage. I talked to the officials about it before the game. I assumed after the explanation that it would fall under the flagrant targeting rule. This is something that is coached. Please take a real close look at this

In Sacramento, CA if a parent has a child playing youth football, that parent must officiate 2 games. For them it is more about giving that parent a different perspective and the bonus is that some of these parents may actually like officiating and sign up to get further involved in officiating.
JasonTX
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:30 pm

tsmbwm wrote:I saw some really bad officiating this weekend and I would normally not say anything as long as it is consistently bad on both sides. The kids will have to adjust to what is being or not being called.

My only beef is that there does need to be more emphasis and training on player safety. I watched 5 kids get taken out of the game because of targeting, flagrant fouls, crackbacks, and blocks in the back and no flags were thrown. One kid had a concussion after the opposing player picked him up and slammed him helmet first down into the turf WWE style. No flag or warning. One thing I do expect from the refs is to keep up some level of safety for the kids.

Where can I get a copy of the film of that game ?
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Redraider092 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:15 pm

tsmbwm wrote:I saw some really bad officiating this weekend and I would normally not say anything as long as it is consistently bad on both sides. The kids will have to adjust to what is being or not being called.

My only beef is that there does need to be more emphasis and training on player safety. I watched 5 kids get taken out of the game because of targeting, flagrant fouls, crackbacks, and blocks in the back and no flags were thrown. One kid had a concussion after the opposing player picked him up and slammed him helmet first down into the turf WWE style. No flag or warning. One thing I do expect from the refs is to keep up some level of safety for the kids.

FCSA appropriately requested information how to obtain game film. All games and scrimmages are filmed now days. To say there's no film available by either team is saying the accusations listed did not occur as described. I'm not saying that's the case here. Just saying there's film somewhere on this game. If someone could kindly provide some additional information this could be accomplished. What teams were playing, where was the game being played, what specific date, etc????
Redraider092
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk