What's the return of Burkhart 'worth' RS?

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: What's the return of Burkhart 'worth' RS?

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Tdog, when you find “unbiased common sense” on this board be sure and let us know. Every person on here is biased to a degree whether for or against a particular team and that is the way it should be.
Note that I said “person”. Granger’s toy is excluded .........
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby Bill O'Rielly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 pm

tdog5344 wrote:
Johnny South wrote:It doesn't really make much difference where they start in the rankings or ratings, it's how they finish that matters. From what I hear, after the State game they will be around 50-70 points ahead of any of the other teams. (that includes D1) I will say their rating should begin in the 670 to 690 range. That will leave some room for improvement. So Burkhart is worth somewhere in the 50-75 point range in the equation.

Lol you have your head in the clouds I guess 690 huh without a game played?? Mclean, Garden city and Milford from last year would beat RS Select traveling team without a doubt so you want to put there rating above them... Lol don't let your arrogance get in the way of what we call un biased common sense.

TDawg5344 done got butt hurt! LOL! Another secret supporter of the Yotes.
53-44 = 9
Bill O'Rielly
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Hot off the Grapevine:
1. The Dallas Cowboys fail to win the Super Bowl then:
Jerry Jones fires Jason Garrett.
2. RS wins State
Jerry Jones hires Burkhart, and Burkhart moves to Dallas.
3.The Cowboys win the next 8-9 Super Bowls.
EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!
End of Story........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:48 pm

While I don't know if Jerry knows 11-man well enough to coach in the NFL, I think he would be an amazing recruiter and developer of talent at the college level.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby pistol » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 pm

FCSA football wrote:Hot off the Grapevine:
1. The Dallas Cowboys fail to win the Super Bowl then:
Jerry Jones fires Jason Garrett.
2. RS wins State
Jerry Jones hires Burkhart, and Burkhart moves to Dallas.
3.The Cowboys win the next 8-9 Super Bowls.
EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!
End of Story........

Change #3 to—- burkhart leaves the cowboys at a weird time and returns to RS — and you got a pretty believable story
pistol
6-Man Fan

Postby coyotefan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:14 am

FCSA

You may be a prophet
coyotefan
11-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:18 pm

According to the new rankings, Granger must have decided not to put much value on the return of Burkhart to RS's rating. I believe that it will begin to show up in the rankings more and more as the season progresses. And a huge jump as soon as Landon gets to play. IMO
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:33 pm

I've been told that UIL has already been notified of several of the things going in in RS you better not put the cart before the horse... The hearings will be interesting.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:40 pm

I heard oak wood has 3 new studs . That will help key Davis ! Maybe they can get one more
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:52 pm

The only facts I have is that Rankin and Sterling city are involved in the complaint
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:08 pm

I think it’s sad when coaches and school districts try to keep kids from playing just because he won’t be playing for their school.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Johnny South wrote:According to the new rankings, Granger must have decided not to put much value on the return of Burkhart to RS's rating. I believe that it will begin to show up in the rankings more and more as the season progresses. And a huge jump as soon as Landon gets to play. IMO

I don't see anyone slowing down RS if they get by May on the opening game. Aquilla gave RS a real good game last year but RS pulled it out and should do the same this season. The private schools were 45'ed by RS last year and the same thing will happen this year too. Medina, Cherokee, and Rochelle might score a time or two but again will be 45'ed. Is Lohn fielding a team? Getting into the playoffs, if RS plays the same teams this year as last year they don't meet any competition until possibly Calvert, then maybe Oakwood in semifinals?? Then Jerry's World. I wouldn't even think about the rankings. Only concern is possibly only playing eight games going into the playoffs, but other side of that is a rested football team.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:29 am

RS has been accused of cheating for as long as I can remember, I but have never heard of it actually turning into any substantive. Then again, the UIL likes the Soviet burden of proof rather than the American.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby CoachTJones » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Id love to hear what the accusations are against Richland. From my experience there, everything was on the up and up. My question on the coach recruiting thing. Is a school just supposed to not hire a coach because they have a kid that could be a good athlete? Is a parent supposed to not coach because their kid is a good athlete? I've coached against the new girls basketball coach and she is top notch. She was a quality hire and a top notch candidate for the job. Those that know who I am know that I'm not kissing RS ass because I have both great and terrible ties to Richland.
CoachTJones
6-Man Fan

Postby wrenchman540 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 pm

That's oversimplifying the issue somewhat. Of course kids go with there parents and if they happen to be coaches so be it. It's all the upheaval at one time that brings suspicion. hire one fire one hire another, etc. and there are also some academic and attendance issues to be looked at as well
wrenchman540
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk