2018 DI All-State Teams

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: 2018 DI All-State Teams

Postby oldfolks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:34 pm

I thought Taron was the fastest and best. My understanding, may be wrong, is you have to make all regional before you can make all state. You need to get after the all regional bunch. Your player made 2nd team defense I think it was. Not first team on either one and 2nd team on only one. Maybe Ben Crockett will let him take a picture of the ring and autograph the picture for him sometimes. Football is over and Basketball is here. Hope Milford is in better shape and more disciplined in Basketball. Milford Insider and Obagain need to get out in the real world and quit watching games on hudl. If I remember right, McLean and Strawn Torched Milford.
oldfolks
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:31 pm

MilfordInsider wrote:I understand where you are coming from. Here’s my take, the kids first game was vs Strawn and he had close to 100 yards receiving, against coolidge he had over 100 yards and 2 TDs, then against Union Hill he caught 4 INTs. Then in the state game he had 3 TDs with 131 yards Rec. This kid missed 40% of the regular season and still finished the season with 10 interceptions. The kid had an amazing season, and is definitely the best receiver in class 1A and can make a very strong case for the best safety also. Jmo

Interesting. Coach Mallory was at the state game. Talked to him for the first time in 3-4 years, really good to see you Shane if you happen to read this. He mentioned it being hard to win with the turnovers they had that game.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:22 am

Strawn and McLean torched Milford? Strawn won by 1 score in a game that could have gone either way. Milford gave McLean their best game of the year and even tied it up in third quater, everyone in this board except for Milford folk and Leman had Milford getting 45ed by half...

And your correct, Union Hill lost because of turnovers. Milford caught 7 Interceptions and forced a fumble. Union Hill lost cause Milford’s defense made them make mistakes

Once again, I’ve watched ALL of the top level teams in the state this year live and in person. East and West Texas teams.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:59 am

MilfordInsider wrote:Strawn and McLean torched Milford? Strawn won by 1 score in a game that could have gone either way. Milford gave McLean their best game of the year and even tied it up in third quater, everyone in this board except for Milford folk and Leman had Milford getting 45ed by half...

And your correct, Union Hill lost because of turnovers. Milford caught 7 Interceptions and forced a fumble. Union Hill lost cause Milford’s defense made them make mistakes

Once again, I’ve watched ALL of the top level teams in the state this year live and in person. East and West Texas teams.

So do they give a trophy for tying up a game in the 3rd and losing by 30??
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Mexican Englishman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:16 am

MilfordInsider wrote:Damyan Woodward is definitely the best Receiver in class 1A. He may be the best safety too, he missed 4 games and caught 10 Ints...
This is the 2nd year in a row milford has gotten screwed in All State votes

Maybe you should have been hyping up some of the other players instead of just focusing on one player. All everyone knows about is Tyrone. All the other players were referred to as "athletes".
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:04 am

Insider and obgain! You two fellers must live in a dream world. I've watched the entire game on you tube I suggest you do the same. Starting with defense, #10 and #1 neither one would even start on defense for the top 5 or 6 teams in the state he stood around and was not even by far in the top 5 on the field. #12 13 11 9 and 4 they play defense. On offense #10 never blocked and I mean never. You really do have tunnel vision. Do you see any other town or team on here whining? No you don't maybe that mentality needs to change.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Our mentality needs to change? Arguing with you guys is extremely pointless at times. You really just said did they get a trophy for losing by 30. Um... yeah STATE RUNNER UP TROPHY. And then you guys talk like because Milford lost in the State championship game they failed... Football is a hard game, 6 man football is even harder. And to be recognized as the 2nd best team in the state is something to be proud of. We can just agree to disagree. But when your the 4th scoring option on a team and you score 3 Tds and go over 130 rec yards in the state game that’s RIDICULOUS! When you catch 4 INTs in the regional championship and not get 1st team all regional safety so that means you can’t get 1st team all state safety that’s just unfair to the kid.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

tdog5344 wrote:Insider and obgain! You two fellers must live in a dream world. I've watched the entire game on you tube I suggest you do the same. Starting with defense, #10 and #1 neither one would even start on defense for the top 5 or 6 teams in the state he stood around and was not even by far in the top 5 on the field. #12 13 11 9 and 4 they play defense. On offense #10 never blocked and I mean never. You really do have tunnel vision. Do you see any other town or team on here whining? No you don't maybe that mentality needs to change.

I see other towns and teams coming on here whining and complaining ALL THE TIME.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby Redraider092 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:00 pm

MilfordInsider wrote:Our mentality needs to change? Arguing with you guys is extremely pointless at times. You really just said did they get a trophy for losing by 30. Um... yeah STATE RUNNER UP TROPHY. And then you guys talk like because Milford lost in the State championship game they failed... Football is a hard game, 6 man football is even harder. And to be recognized as the 2nd best team in the state is something to be proud of. We can just agree to disagree. But when your the 4th scoring option on a team and you score 3 Tds and go over 130 rec yards in the state game that’s RIDICULOUS! When you catch 4 INTs in the regional championship and not get 1st team all regional safety so that means you can’t get 1st team all state safety that’s just unfair to the kid.

Milford, I respect you for supporting your team and agree with you that there's nothing wrong with coming up as the runner up in the championship game. Absolutely nothing for the kids to be ashamed. I'm certain they were disappointed at the end of the game but I'd also bet you by the time they left AT&T they had a huge smile on their face and enjoyed the moment.

What I still disagree with you on is performance in one game does not make a season to justify a player being named All-State, or even all region. Both are season long awards. There are lots of athletes who had a tremendous game but that one game does not make them deserve the 1st team all-state honor. Based on your logic, hypothetically speaking, if Ta'Ron had not been able to play in the championship game due to his prior injury he would not have deserved this year's offensive MVP award. Based on what I saw all season I think they (the voters) got it right by naming Ta'Ron offensive MVP and Crockett POY, not that your contesting either of those. Lastly, and as I mentioned yesterday, I'm certain missing 40% of the season played into this issue. What he needs to do is work hard this off-season to do his best to become bigger and stronger so he can hopefully avoid injuries and play a full season and become the leader of his team.
Redraider092
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 am

Red raider, respect to ya. We may not 100% agree but that’s ok when talking sports. The good thing is that he is only a junior, so like you said Red Raider, he can go get stronger and go get better and be prepared to help lead the team next season.

Congrats to all players and coaches who received All State Awards.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby SixmanInfoFirst » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:09 am

I thought after Milford was bent over by McLean that the Milford bunch would shut up, but you can wish in one hand and crap in the other... a stellar state game performance doesn’t entitle a player to an all-state honor, while Milford has a solid bunch of athletes I don’t think they got “screwed”, there were just some players that deserved it more. If anything talk to the coach about the outcome of all-state players considering they are the ones deciding who gets what.
SixmanInfoFirst
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfolks » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:28 am

Milford Insider and Obagain. I have not heard one word from Garden City. They lost to McLean by eight but guess what, they beat Strawn which Milford could not do. Maybe we should get a write in campaign from Graden City for you two to quit your crying, put on your big boy panties, and get on with the future. I’m new to sixmanfootball.com but surely something goes on in the football off season other than listen to two grown men cry. I have missed one six-man Texas State championship since the one at Shotwell in 2012 and I saw about 25 six-man games in 2018 so I’m not a greenhorn rookie.
oldfolks
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:02 am

oldfolks wrote:Milford Insider and Obagain. I have not heard one word from Garden City. They lost to McLean by eight but guess what, they beat Strawn which Milford could not do. Maybe we should get a write in campaign from Graden City for you two to quit your crying, put on your big boy panties, and get on with the future. I’m new to sixmanfootball.com but surely something goes on in the football off season other than listen to two grown men cry. I have missed one six-man Texas State championship since the one at Shotwell in 2012 and I saw about 25 six-man games in 2018 so I’m not a greenhorn rookie.

GC lost to mclean by 38 and yes they and no other teams are on here throwing a fit
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby obagain » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Damyan always works hard but will not get bigger, he is excellent in basketball and has been to state in track both years so far and I expect him to be there again this year.
Track is his real love so putting on football weight would hamper his speed.
obagain
6-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 pm

bump
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk