Coaching Carousel

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Dogface2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 pm

How is that even possible if Super's job is to hire and fire?
Texas school board job is to hire a Super and let him do his job.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby clancaster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm

No, it's the Sup's job to recommend hires and fires. The Board's job is approve or deny those hires or fires by voting.
clancaster
11-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:27 pm

How does a superintendent get fired ? That’s the part I don’t understand real well . Employees get fired left and right but a superintendent can keep there job as long as they want by not being honest with the board ? In my opinion I think the head honchos always crawfish at board meetings and just try to Protect themselves. Which in the long run might catch up to them but I don’t know anything bout that
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:44 pm

Ok...so Supers have to negotiate whether they do hire/fire exclusively...which I would demand if it was me.
School boards are basically untrained personnel who know nothing about the business of running a school.
So schools who have boards who reject their highly qualified Super's recommendations...should be avoided at all costs.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Mexican Englishman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:49 am

If the Supe recommended him for rehire and there is no documentation on why he should not be rehired , the school board will be facing a lawsuit.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby hillcountybounty » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:30 am

If it was the coach's first year with the school district then they were likely issued a "probationary" contract which can be non-renewed without cause.
hillcountybounty
11-Man Fan

Postby Mexican Englishman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Even if a teacher is issued a probationary contract and their is no documentation from admin for why this person is not eligible for rehire, and is recommended for rehire by supe, the board cannot " fire" this person.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Three coaching moves took place this week per Pete Christy:

Meadow has decided to make Steven Gray their new AD/HC. Gray was their defensive coordinator the past season.

O’Donnell has hired former New Home head football coach, Fernando Baeza, as their new head football coach.

Valley has hired John Stanaland as their new head football coach. Stanaland is the former head football coach of Nazareth and more recently, Rotan.

Sorry if any of these were posted. I may have overlooked them.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 am

Rotan - Open
Lefors will be open as well
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:11 am

Mexican Englishman wrote:Even if a teacher is issued a probationary contract and their is no documentation from admin for why this person is not eligible for rehire, and is recommended for rehire by supe, the board cannot " fire" this person.

I have heard this statement before, but what gives an administrator the right to tell the school board what to do? The Texas Constitution vests that power in the school board, not the superintendent. It would be the equivalent of the city manager not following the will of the city council.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby Mexican Englishman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:34 am

I totally agree with you. Superintendents have totally taken over the school systems and their salaries and benefits are getting out of hand. They are slowly working on trying to get rid of school boards and succeeding.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am

Mexican Englishman wrote:I totally agree with you. Superintendents have totally taken over the school systems and their salaries and benefits are getting out of hand. They are slowly working on trying to get rid of school boards and succeeding.

We agree 1000%, then! While I am not picking on you at all, I just wonder to myself how can they do this? The State Constitution is very rural and pro-local governments. Basically, who and/or what made the superintendents superior to the school boards?
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby hillcountybounty » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 am

It seems to me that this situation shows that the superintendent isn't superior to the school board. The sup wanted to renew some great coaches and the school board said no. They have the final say
hillcountybounty
11-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Why is it that the school board or sup not let some towns know when elections are ? It’s like its kept a secret and the goal is to get famiily or good friends of the staff in there
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:19 am

Mexican Englishman wrote:I totally agree with you. Superintendents have totally taken over the school systems and their salaries and benefits are getting out of hand. They are slowly working on trying to get rid of school boards and succeeding.

I agree with you on the salary thing. That rule they have on keeping their pay so much higher than any other employee is a total crock, no matter what the load is. That is just an example of having "The Fox Guarding The Henhouse"!
Most board members are too busy to keep up with everything going on at school, and have to depend on the supt to inform them on many issues. It is pretty easy to be led astray.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk