Coaching Carousel

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby LonghornsCoach » Wed May 29, 2019 10:10 am

WOSgrad2 wrote:KLVI out of Beaumont is reporting that former Lamar University head coach Ray Woodard will be named new Chester head coach this week.


Didn't know you were on here stranger! This is Coach Frey, I was at Bob Hope School for about three years. I'm now head football coach for the Dime Box Longhorns.

That's a pretty big pick up for Chester. Never knew he had an interest in six man.
LonghornsCoach
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby rainjacktx » Wed May 29, 2019 11:59 am

Kramer wrote:From Samnorwood Texas
to Pensacola Florida
to Savannah Georgia
to Richland Springs Texas.

I wont air his laundry on here but it's amazing what GOOGLE brings up when that name is searched.


All I can say is no wonder THE GREAT Jerry Burkhart stayed away from this job, even he knows how bad of a character this guy is.

So in 2019-20 JB will swing in after RS gets rid of the Rigdon and will be the saving grace, in the end, JB doesn't look as bad as this guy


on a very serious note,
Did Richland Springs do a thorough back ground check on this guy or did they hire him because he as boys who play football ?


I hope RS background check was more thorough than your google search.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:08 pm

This Coaching Carousel should be slowing down. According to the calendar only 92 or 93 days until some six man football games that count are played. When do the 2019 rankings roll out? Looks like Richland Springs will be playing their usual cupcake schedule again. Austin Royals, Bulverde Bracken and other heavy weights. Wow that is weak. Did the new coach take some scheduling tips from JB? Looks like Borden County, Milford, Garden City and Strawn will be playing meaningful games early. Congrats to their programs and coaches. McLean looks like the real deal again. Will Oakwood show more improvement this year? I hope so! The football always bounces in strange ways. Will any unexpected teams step up big this year? Deer season in five months or less too. Hook'em..
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby freeagent » Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Texlonghorn75 wrote:Looks like Richland Springs will be playing their usual cupcake schedule again. Austin Royals, Bulverde Bracken and other heavy weights. Wow that is weak. Did the new coach take some scheduling tips from JB?


To be fair to Coach Burkhart and his successors at Richland Springs, I don't think they have a high success rate when calling on their fellow UIL schools to schedule non-conference games. Some of us private school folks are willing to take the chance to learn from a program like the Coyotes.

Jerry did call me once when I was AD at Seguin Lifegate, looking for a game. He did offer us $500 and a meal (I assumed fried Falcon wasn't on the menu), but I declined his kind offer, as the deductibles for the medical claims for injuries following the game would exceed $500.

Back in 2003, when we were starting our program, I got a call from Beck Brydon, who was then the HFC of the two-time TAPPS D1 state champion Austin Regents (now 11 man and still winning titles), and would be a third-time champion that year as well. Seems that they had an open date on Week 0 (remember that term) and would we be willing to play our first game ever at Austin Regents. Again, I kindly declined his offer after quickly realizing the liability I would be personally undertaking under child endangerment laws of the State.

In udda woids, the guys at the top of the heap can make the calls but the answer is often NO. I guess when Fox Sports Southwest starts their live coverage of Texas Six Man Football and offer big fees to the schools, some of us might be willing to take a few thousand bucks to get shellacked ala NCAA D-1 football, but I doubt that's happening anytime while I'm riding on this celestial ball.
User avatar
freeagent
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 8067
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:01 am
Location: Seguin, Texas, The World

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Richland Springs enjoys the status of being a top, front runner school without ever risking their record against other top D1 or D2 schools during the regular season. I understand that schools that do good just to field a team would not want to play Richland Springs but the Garden City's, Borden County's, and Milford's would not duck playing Richland Springs. Schools with established programs would not have an issue playing them, period. So the coach(JB) calls you to play, not someone with a good competitive program. Do you equate playing Richland Springs with your players getting hurt? I don't see how you can rationalize your players getting injured just because you play a competitive team. Keep those players away from skate boards, motorcycles, bicycles, horses, basketballs and you name it, it can happen.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby WOSgrad2 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:52 pm

LonghornsCoach wrote:
WOSgrad2 wrote:KLVI out of Beaumont is reporting that former Lamar University head coach Ray Woodard will be named new Chester head coach this week.


Didn't know you were on here stranger! This is Coach Frey, I was at Bob Hope School for about three years. I'm now head football coach for the Dime Box Longhorns.

That's a pretty big pick up for Chester. Never knew he had an interest in six man.


Hey Coach! What's up!

Yeah! I got on here to learn the six man game (somewhat) as the population of 6man schools in SE Texas slowly increases (could increase by a couple of more soon).

This statement that Coach Woodard gave KFDM Channel 6 kinda sheds light on things:

https://www.facebook.com/KFDMTailgatePa ... nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARAIXkSxTfFJRMKX5FexSRY-4waFSVkHOJDrVNMjJVcjJk0EAAUxPCpkanfzQAzXAERmGh-GIU_eUxLa0Q0qEN8v5sVRJKEvk52HVOj2DLYgDsvsCQhJyFabpjNUxnXo2HIKR2iWsWlhHpIcIEcGkpVYF_sk8Uh3KaA1VDXFxZNNZqFpFNNs0bkcDhsuF8v1CLNtmJ9WgpqCLLWOql6FZU91PCpwilRkxY30fJjhBfp1xrZ_L4sg8UyjKm8jv76EPgRZSbpwXC-phD-Vy5iPwH1hyUpwSbx6nZkt7hqVvwGVbRG-ylzqJEt6Mn2SZCS7YpD6lKdxJp79OGBK7vx9uUuoE-3f3WOBe7rYscWhy-QZCV7CwL-e-P8
WOSgrad2
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 4:31 pm

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Johnny South » Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Yeah right texlonghorn75, you get on here and spout off like you know what you are talking about when you don't have a clue. I know for a fact that one of your great programs that you mentioned there declined (or ducked as you put it) to match up with RS at Borden County a couple of years back in week one , and put them up against Paducah I believe, which was a little one sided. You just have an axe to grind and can't stand it because your team can't get to the top. When you do, just be ready for all of the other haters like you to come out of the woodwork and bad-mouth your success.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:28 am

[quote="Johnny South"]Yeah right texlonghorn75, you get on here and spout off like you know what you are talking about when you don't have a clue. I know for a fact that one of your great programs that you mentioned there declined (or ducked as you put it) to match up with RS at Borden County a couple of years back in week one , and put them up against Paducah I believe, which was a little one sided. You just have an axe to grind and can't stand it because your team can't get to the top. When you do, just be ready for all of the other haters like you to come out of the woodwork and bad-mouth your success. Look at Richland Springs schedule the last two years as an example! Starting in 2017 Happy slapped a knot on Richland Springs to start the season but then Richland Springs responded by beating such power houses as Methodist Children's, Hill Country, RR Concorida and FW THESA H/school. O yes, Lohn forfeited their game to RS to pad their record and finish off the weak district that RS plays in. This kind of scheduling would allow most teams to enter the playoffs with nine win, one loss. Johnny RS 2018 schedule wasn't much better, should have left May off the schedule because they slipped up and beat RS right off the start! Then another line up including San Marcos Hill Country, Austin Royals, FW THESA and some weak UIL teams. Aquilla should have beaten RS last year but didn't. Beating Brookesmith in bi district didn't prove anything but RS did out scored Calvert. I understand that RS looked heroic losing to Oakwood close in the quarterfinal matchup. I'm only stating the obvious. Anyone can go to the Lone Star Football Network and see the records and pattern of scheduling for each school. Good to know for a fact that you know the scheduling situation with Richland Springs. So you have been ware of the cupcake scheduling which persists. You must have control issues since anyone who states facts and opinions you don't agree with as a hater. Seek counseling before its too late. Yes the best is yet to come.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby One _pac2018 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:34 am

Who is the oc at Richland ?
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:48 am

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:46 am

Texlonghorn75 wrote:Richland Springs enjoys the status of being a top, front runner school without ever risking their record against other top D1 or D2 schools during the regular season. I understand that schools that do good just to field a team would not want to play Richland Springs but the Garden City's, Borden County's, and Milford's would not duck playing Richland Springs. Schools with established programs would not have an issue playing them, period. So the coach(JB) calls you to play, not someone with a good competitive program. Do you equate playing Richland Springs with your players getting hurt? I don't see how you can rationalize your players getting injured just because you play a competitive team. Keep those players away from skate boards, motorcycles, bicycles, horses, basketballs and you name it, it can happen.


This type of argument is silly for a few reasons:

1. Richland Springs won the state championship 8 out of the 15 years Burkhart was at Richland Springs. Those first three rings, NOBODY but Rule in 2005 could beat them, period, end of statement. After that, they usually lost in the playoffs to a team that either won the state championship or got darn close the years they did not win the state championship themselves. While it is impossible to know all the possible combinations, DI and DII have not been that far apart (minus 2005-2008) as best illustrated by the fact Strawn this year beat the DI runnerup, Milford.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, Richland lost 3 additional games a year Burkhart's last ten years. That seems pretty generous to your position considering Richland cannot control who is in their district and lost no more than 2 games a year. Burkhart went 196-10, so that would make them 166-40. That is still an amazing accomplishment!

2. I went to a high school near Richland Springs, and just about everyone was scared to play them. During the Ethridge years, I heard a rumor that the coach of the runnerup in Richland's District wanted to forfeit to Richland in order to keep players from getting hurt. While I will not reveal specific team, they were AWESOME! This is not to take away from your team or any other program, but Richland invoked fear in their regional neighbors, which gets me to point #3.

3. There is more to scheduling regular season games than trying to prove who you can and cannot beat. Although coaches are different in terms of what they want to get out of a regular season game, most administrators would not want a coach to take players 200+ miles to play a ball game when there are at least 50 sixman schools closer to the specific school. This goes for the other team is Richland is playing, maybe Borden County, as well.

You have the right to say whatever you want on this message board as far as I am concerned, and your argument may have a scintilla of truth to it. With that said, however, Burkhart's run at Richland Springs was incredible, period, end of statement!
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby tdog5344 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:57 am

Is johhny south the guy who announces from Richland springs sidelines and did the espn documentary.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Leman Saunders » Thu May 30, 2019 9:42 am

This is what I have still OPEN on my list (head FB)...I'm trying to find out if they are in fact still open or if they have hired

Coolidge
Gold-Burg??
Guthrie
Hart
Moran
Medina??
Santa Anna
Trent

(PS Tebow - Throckmorton beat RS in 2005 not Rule)
User avatar
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Leman Saunders » Thu May 30, 2019 9:47 am

Also I count 44 head football coaching changes - that is counting Dime Box and Irion Co
User avatar
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby truthhurts17 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:44 am

Read on the jobs board Jack Graves went to Santa Anna
truthhurts17
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby BuffaloCountry » Thu May 30, 2019 11:52 am

Dusty Grantham is the new HC of Southland. He was previously the DC at Anton last year.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:55 am
Location: Where the Buffalo Roam

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests