Coaching Carousel

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby dmlancast44 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm

One _pac2018 wrote:So who is going to assist ?

Take three guesses.......I bet you can name it! I know I’m putting all my chips on one name in particular!
dmlancast44
11-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Pretty sure it’s that person to but not going to throw it out there since I was wrong about the hc. But my chips are on him
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 pm

dmlancast44 wrote:

Take three guesses.......I bet you can name it! I know I’m putting all my chips on one name in particular!

dmlanca__44, You would have a hard time guessing which way is up.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:19 pm

I have it from very reliable sources that made me promise not to reveal their names, and they have had several conversations with an insider, that couldn’t go on the record because they were unauthorized to do so, and they said that the former Athletic Director of an unknown school district, has heard from a Superintendent from a school in another district that .........bla, bla, bla, bla.
And you can quote me on that !
And so it goes.............
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby dmlancast44 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Johnny South wrote:
dmlancast44 wrote:

dmlanca__44, You would have a hard time guessing which way is up.

Oh man...don’t flatter me. Seems like mr. South has some issues with me? He sure does like to monitor what I say very closely.....hmmm.
dmlancast44
11-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:27 am

I will have to admit to being surprised that Rigdon was named AD. I "heard" this last winter that he was not happy with the emphasis placed on off season football over basketball. I have no doubt that will change now that he is AD. The real question is: Will this effect their overall football program down the road?
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:36 am

If a basketball coach is athletic director you can count on football going south . He is in it for basketball and will make sure basketball is number 1 . That’s anywhere that has there basketball coach as AD. I understand he is head football coach but I think that’s just a fill in spot . At least it’s not like some school that have the basketball coach as athletic director and is a assistant to the head football or not even coach football at all . That’s where programs fall apart
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby Potato Frank » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50 am

One _pac2018 wrote:If a basketball coach is athletic director you can count on football going south . He is in it for basketball and will make sure basketball is number 1 . That’s anywhere that has there basketball coach as AD. I understand he is head football coach but I think that’s just a fill in spot . At least it’s not like some school that have the basketball coach as athletic director and is a assistant to the head football or not even coach football at all . That’s where programs fall apart

Highly disagree with this statement. The prime example would be White Deer. Their athletic director is the girls basketball coach and their football program has done nothing but succeed in recent years.
Potato Frank
11-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:00 am

Okay let me rephrase that at most schools it is like that. I guess white deer and a couple of others are blessed. In my eyes head football coach should always be athletic director . My opinion
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:29 am

How does a college baseball coach in Florida wind up being a coach in little Richland Springs? Does he have family ties to the area or just stick a pin in the map and head West? Did he bring some difference makers with him? Maybe Rigdon will schedule more competitive teams than his predecessors! Playing and beating Austin Royals, San Marcos Hill Country, Methodist Children's certainly pads the win-loss record but doesn't prove anything. I haven't seen any of those the "Best is yet to Come" proclamations lately either. Just asking?
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan

Postby Count Coog » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 am

Have you looked at White Deer's Volleyball workouts? No, because they don't have any. What about Softball? Oops, don't have that either. So, I can assure you that the AD/GBB coach does not really care about how the Football Coach sets up his boys off season workouts. Reason being... He doesn't get fired based on the Football or Boy's Basketball record. AD/Boy's Basketball Coach: Much different story.

You are not comparing Apples vs. Apples.
Count Coog
6-Man Fan

Postby dmlancast44 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:47 am

Blue Bird wrote:I will have to admit to being surprised that Rigdon was named AD. I "heard" this last winter that he was not happy with the emphasis placed on off season football over basketball. I have no doubt that will change now that he is AD. The real question is: Will this effect their overall football program down the road?

The only way this RS football program will stay alive is if he brings in a certain assistant coach to help. That’s his only hope. First off, not many coaches want to coach along side him due to his behavior, outbursts and complete lack of professionalism. I have personally talked to 9 different six man coaches in the past 16 hours who have been around Rigdon or have had encounters with him or seen the videos on social media, and not one can fathom what is possibly going thru RS ISD’s mind by allowing that man to take over their program. I’m sorry, but RS got this one completely wrong. It’s a shame. Yes he has kids that are supposedly extraordinary athletes and they probably bring a lot to the table sports wise. But, RS didn’t have to sell their souls to get them to stay.
dmlancast44
11-Man Fan

Shut the hell up Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby Richland Faithful » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Dmlancast is Sunni Tipton. The wife of ex-Richland Springs Head Coach Thomas Tipton. She is a bitter person whom was fired this past January from the school for reasons I do not know. I have lived in Richland since the pair moved over from Goldthwaite. She has been causing drama since her first day. Thomas has had his career majorly altered because of the actions of his own wife. It seems she needs to shut up and leave this town alone because as a citizen I believe SHE is the main and only reason her husband is no longer AD. So shut up Sunni and leave the town alone. Be a good little sixman fan and keep your slander to yourself.
Richland Faithful
11-Man Fan

Postby hillcountybounty » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:02 pm

If anybody is interested in becoming Coach Rigdon's assistant here's the link:

http://careercenter.tasanet.org/job_lis ... ?id=105132
hillcountybounty
11-Man Fan

Postby Richland Faithful » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:05 pm

I think Richland made a mistake not even trying to get Jerry back. At the same time we have a proven college coach taking the helm. How many six man schools can say that? Richland finally drained the swamp of mediocrity they've accumulated the past two years, I can't wait to see what happens friday nights.
Richland Faithful
11-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk