TaRon and Crockett

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby FCSA football » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Sorry Longhorn, i can't agree with your overall assessment of Crockett. I can tell you for sure that one college coach with a pretty good record thinks Crockett has D1 potential.
As far as the negitive neds and sixman boo birds, ever hear of Maverick Mc Ivor? Sixman to 6A, San Angelo Central where he led them to the play offs his first year. He accounted for 70% of their TOTAL offense?
My, my, my ! How soon we forget !
Best to let the world think you are a fool than to open your mouth (or type on your keyboard) and remove all doubt.
( not you Longhorn or Tebow in my humble opinion you guys are pretty sharp.)
Just calling them as i see them........,
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Schwarzenegger » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:40 am

I think both these athletes will be able to play college ball at some level, at which level I don't know? Someone made a good statement about taking the juco route which would probably benefit somebody from sixman well. It would allow them to learn the 11man game and brush up on some techniques. Now as far as some athlete going from 6man straight to D1, I don't think its impossible. It's going to take several factors for someone from 6man to go D1. For example just cause somebody has 4,000 yards rushing and 55 tds will not be enough, especially if that person is 5'5 and 140 pounds. Size, stats, and speed, is what it will take for somebody to go D1. When I'm talking about speed I'm not just talking about 40 yard dash speed but track speed. Have a player that has great times in the 100, 200, and 400 that competes with any classification in high school and you'll have D1 coaches calling.
Schwarzenegger
6-Man Fan

Postby Mexican Englishman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:34 am

FCSA football wrote:Sorry Longhorn, i can't agree with your overall assessment of Crockett. I can tell you for sure that one college coach with a pretty good record thinks Crockett has D1 potential.
As far as the negitive neds and sixman boo birds, ever hear of Maverick Mc Ivor? Sixman to 6A, San Angelo Central where he led them to the play offs his first year. He accounted for 70% of their TOTAL offense?
Best to let the world think you are a fool than to open your mouth (or type on your keyboard) and remove all doubt.
Just calling them as i see them........,

Sounds like he is a extraordinary athlete. Also sounds like his parents wanted him to be seen by college coaches and show them he can play the eleven man game. So what did they do? Enrolled him in a 6A school. If you think your kid can get a college scholarship to play football that is what you have to do.
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:54 am

In McIvor’s case it doesn’t hurt his chances that his dad played QB for UT...............
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:34 pm

[quote="FCSA football"]Sorry Longhorn, i can't agree with your overall assessment of Crockett. I can tell you for sure that one college coach with a pretty good record thinks Crockett has D1 potential.
Just calling them as i see them........,[/quote ]My assessment of Crockett is one that protects the player. College football is a Meat Grinder that takes healthy young players that chews them up and spits them out.This glory of playing D1 football is great but its best to play where his abiliites would be appreciated. Two my teammates from Strawn played Junior College football for a short while said the practices were terrible and got the hell beat out of them. I'm talking about tough physically strong players too. It will not be 150 lb linebackers tackling in any where in college football. D1 football is not going to be easier. Unless there are college coaches interested in protecting and investing in certain athletes players are a dime a dozen regardless of origin. Players lose favor easily in the college system because of the urgency to win. Recently Toneil Carter, running back at UT announced that he was transferring. It did not work out for him there and he was blue chip,highly recruited and did not make the grade . Let's not lose sight that the long term benefit of any athlete regards of sport is to get an education. Not just an education but a degree. Arthritis doesn't play favorites even at age thirty.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan

Postby The Motley Fool » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Actually you see more Sixman players at the FCS level or lower divisions, including junior colleges, and to be honest probably better learning environment.
The Motley Fool
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Both of you are right. Education, Education and Education. The three most important reasons to play football in college!
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:30 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:In McIvor’s case it doesn’t hurt his chances that his dad played QB for UT...............

Came off the bench with Texas behind by 13 and led them to 45 unanswered points aganist those dreaded Aggies if I remember correctly. By the by that’s what his father did. Transferred from 6 man to Fort Stockton to Texas.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Ta’Ron Smith and Ben Crocket both can play D1 football.
Ta’Rons quickness and elusiveness would make him a perfect Slot Receiver. Ben Crocket is an athlete, I think he can play Safety, Outsiders backer, or Tight End.

I’ve also seen other 6man players over recent years who have college level skills.
Key Davis - Oakwood
Tanner Hodgkins- Strawn
Carlos Villanueva- Strawn
Hutton Lusty -Richland
Henderson - McLean
Ricky Pendleton- Milford
Jasean Brooks - Milford
Torrey Hoover - Coolidge
Jordan Brown - Coolidge

There are a lot of 6man kids who can play college ball and make awesome skill position players. When you hear people say “D1” we aren’t talking about Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, but the smaller D1 schools like SFA, SHSU, PVAMU, Grambling State, etc.
I watched all 12 State Championship games and there’s no doubt that all of the players I listed above ^ could have played in and made a difference in all of the 2A-4A championship games. There are some really fine football players at the 1A level.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby Lion87 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Playing at any college level is awesome. My daughter went to UMHB so I got to watch alot of games. Man those guys can play some ball and that is DIII.
Lion87
11-Man Fan

Postby bigbadwolf » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Really, until they prove themselves on the crowded 11 man field it’s all speculation. Both are great athletes and both dominate on the proportionally much larger 6 man field, against players that they are typically much larger than. Once you step on the 11 man field it all changes. You’re going to have players just as big ( most bigger), with just as much athleticism coming after you play after play after play. You’re just another high school hot shot. It’s a level of contact that most 6man players are not accustomed. NOT saying I don’t wish Ta’Ron well and Ben well after his senior year. Just remember, even the great and mighty Tyler E. couldnt cut it at tiny Sul Ros.
Just out of curiosity, what’s he doing now? Coaching somewhere?
bigbadwolf
6-Man Fan

Postby swires » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I know without a doubt that either could play at the next level, even D1. However, to be able to play there, they are going to have to be willing work. Have also been some six man studs play DII in the recent past. This site talked about one of the richie boys playing for Midwestern State. Also, a young man from Lefors named Keenan Lott played on Northwestern Oklahoma State where he eventually became a starter. He is still there coaching. Talent and ability will get anyone to a certain level. HEART will determine whether any of them are successful or not. Just ask Rudy Rudiger!!!!!
swires
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:39 pm

bigbadwolf wrote:Really, until they prove themselves on the crowded 11 man field it’s all speculation. Both are great athletes and both dominate on the proportionally much larger 6 man field, against players that they are typically much larger than. Once you step on the 11 man field it all changes. You’re going to have players just as big ( most bigger), with just as much athleticism coming after you play after play after play. You’re just another high school hot shot. It’s a level of contact that most 6man players are not accustomed. NOT saying I don’t wish Ta’Ron well and Ben well after his senior year. Just remember, even the great and mighty Tyler E. couldnt cut it at tiny Sul Ros.
Just out of curiosity, what’s he doing now? Coaching somewhere?

I got to watch TE play. I was actually one year out of college, and it was one of the first six man games I watched. At no point did I believe he was even D2 talent. Ethridge was an outstanding athlete, but his size absolutely did not translate to college ball. I elusiveness and bombing footballs does not make you college material. If I was a coach, I could key on Crockett and TaRon for specific position. Ethridge did not fit in any skill position.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan

Postby Goonesfarm » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Mexican Englishman wrote:Leman, you must believe anything that is told to you. Tyrone does not have any D1 offers, or any other sixman player for that matter. And by offers , I mean a scholarship to play football. If you want to see D1 football players that get scholarships, you need to be at AT&T yesterday and today. People throw around the phrase D1 too easily, D1 recruits are elite athletes that face someone in practice that is equally talented as them or better. Every day, even offseason. And most of them, their parents have personal trainers for them since jr. high. No D1 coach is going to risk a scholarship, which they are limited with, on a sixman player. Sorry just the facts. So parents and even coaches, if you think you have a D1 player , and they want to try to play at the D1 level, you better enroll them in a 5A-6A school. And even then, the chances of getting a D1 scholarship is slim.

If a kid is talented and athletic enough, doesn't matter the size of the school he plays for. Talent is talent and most D1 coaches would love the smaller school kids because of their worth ethic and morals. My son has a personal trainer outside of his normal athletic schedule and he hasn't even hit junior high yet...I've had D1 coaches speak to me about him and they've all said to keep him in 6 man because things are changing and these kids are starting to be noticed. Yes playing for a larger HS will have them more prepared for what is expected at the D1 level, but as long as they have the talent and athleticism, the work ethic and just overall humblemness some of these small town kids have beats that bigger school experience. It is easier for these kids to get exposure than it was 20 years ago. Some roads may be off the beaten path; spend a year at a D2 or d3 school first to adjust, then if things work out get an offer. Remember, it was only a few years ago they were playing the 6 man state games in Abilene...give it some time and I believe the ones who work hard enough will earn the respect they deserve, and players like Smith and Crockett will be the ones that helped get that going.
Goonesfarm
11-Man Fan

Postby Goonesfarm » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:49 pm

swires wrote:I know without a doubt that either could play at the next level, even D1. However, to be able to play there, they are going to have to be willing work. Have also been some six man studs play DII in the recent past. This site talked about one of the richie boys playing for Midwestern State. Also, a young man from Lefors named Keenan Lott played on Northwestern Oklahoma State where he eventually became a starter. He is still there coaching. Talent and ability will get anyone to a certain level. HEART will determine whether any of them are successful or not. Just ask Rudy Rudiger!!!!!

It's Trace Richey, he plays football and basketball at Wayland Baptist University
Goonesfarm
11-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk