TaRon and Crockett

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby FCSA football » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:36 am

Some of you “experts” think that D1 is the Holy Grail for sixman players. If not then D2, D3 are almost failures. No one gives any consideration or creedance to JuCo’s. In fact that is probably a perfect place for six man players to go and learn the 11 man version, work out, fill out and get better and move on If they are good enough. The possibilities to be successful are greatly improved. Even the so called recognized Experts give no recognition and have no understanding that for all but a very few this is probably the best avenue for sixman players. But it doesn't sound exotic enough or mystical enough to give the pontificators credibility. Basically it just shows how naive they really are, just like THE GREAT OZ.
The more of these pontificators predictions i read, the more i LMAO ! :)
Just saying.......
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Leman Saunders » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:20 am

FCSA football wrote:Some of you “experts” think that D1 is the Holy Grail for sixman players. If not then D2, D3 are almost failures. No one gives any consideration or creedance to JuCo’s. In fact that is probably a perfect place for six man players to go and learn the 11 man version, work out, fill out and get better and move on If they are good enough. The possibilities to be successful are greatly improved. Even the so called recognized Experts give no recognition and have no understanding that for all but a very few this is probably the best avenue for sixman players. But it doesn't sound exotic enough or mystical enough to give the pontificators credibility. Basically it just shows how naive they really are, just like THE GREAT OZ.
The more of these pontificators predictions i read, the more i LMAO ! :)
Just saying.......


I will say that when I learn that DI schools (UNT & Grambling State) are LOOKING at a 6man player and thinking thats great and is a good thing, then ya I guess Im naive for being happy for the kid and wishing him the best
User avatar
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby FCSA football » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:23 am

Not talking about you Leman. Read this thread though and you’ll find a fixation on D1. Yes its great for the few who make it to Di upon graduation. I’m speaking about the majority that don’t and yet still want an education AND play football. All kids deserve that opportuniy, wouldn’t you agree ?
It’s just another way to get there. If you need an example of using the JuCo route to get to D1, you might think of Cam Newton.
Just saying........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Johnny South » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:13 am

I love our six man version of the game much more that the 11 man kind. For us tiny school folks, it is six man or no football at all! Sometimes we get caught up in how good a player is in our game, and start thinking about how far one could go in the 11 man world!?
I watched three games yesterday at ATT stadium. 5A D1, and both 6A games. After their warmups, I was thinking about, if I could just go through their subs on the sideline, kids who never even got a good look at the field much less got to play a down, and pick 5 or 6 of them for a team......! People on this site would be saying that it is the team of the ages, never one better, and all of the players are D1 prospects!
Sometimes we need to go look around to put things into perspective. Our six man game means a lot to us out here, but sometimes we do get a little carried away. A BIG fish in a little pond, a tempest in a teapot? Maybe, but it is our pond and our teapot!
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Mexican Englishman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:30 am

Leman Saunders wrote:
FCSA football wrote:Some of you “experts” think that D1 is the Holy Grail for sixman players. If not then D2, D3 are almost failures. No one gives any consideration or creedance to JuCo’s. In fact that is probably a perfect place for six man players to go and learn the 11 man version, work out, fill out and get better and move on If they are good enough. The possibilities to be successful are greatly improved. Even the so called recognized Experts give no recognition and have no understanding that for all but a very few this is probably the best avenue for sixman players. But it doesn't sound exotic enough or mystical enough to give the pontificators credibility. Basically it just shows how naive they really are, just like THE GREAT OZ.
The more of these pontificators predictions i read, the more i LMAO ! :)
Just saying.......


I will say that when I learn that DI schools (UNT & Grambling State) are LOOKING at a 6man player and thinking thats great and is a good thing, then ya I guess Im naive for being happy for the kid and wishing him the best

Army, Navy, and Air Force have been recruiting Aquilla kids for years. Where is the love?
Mexican Englishman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 am
Location: Between Mexico and England

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby BigFan22 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:45 am

Johnny South wrote:I love our six man version of the game much more that the 11 man kind. For us tiny school folks, it is six man or no football at all! Sometimes we get caught up in how good a player is in our game, and start thinking about how far one could go in the 11 man world!?
I watched three games yesterday at ATT stadium. 5A D1, and both 6A games. After their warmups, I was thinking about, if I could just go through their subs on the sideline, kids who never even got a good look at the field much less got to play a down, and pick 5 or 6 of them for a team......! People on this site would be saying that it is the team of the ages, never one better, and all of the players are D1 prospects!
Sometimes we need to go look around to put things into perspective. Our six man game means a lot to us out here, but sometimes we do get a little carried away. A BIG fish in a little pond, a tempest in a teapot? Maybe, but it is our pond and our teapot!


Not really. On the Aledo team of 09, there were two six man transfers who started varsity their first year. They were good athletes, but you’d be shocked. 5A and 6A ball is not dominated by All Stars. Of course, lots of teams have an All Star or 2, but the rest of the kids are just decent. Trust me.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Johnny South » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:02 am

BigFan22 wrote:
Johnny South wrote:I love our six man version of the game much more that the 11 man kind. For us tiny school folks, it is six man or no football at all! Sometimes we get caught up in how good a player is in our game, and start thinking about how far one could go in the 11 man world!?
I watched three games yesterday at ATT stadium. 5A D1, and both 6A games. After their warmups, I was thinking about, if I could just go through their subs on the sideline, kids who never even got a good look at the field much less got to play a down, and pick 5 or 6 of them for a team......! People on this site would be saying that it is the team of the ages, never one better, and all of the players are D1 prospects!
Sometimes we need to go look around to put things into perspective. Our six man game means a lot to us out here, but sometimes we do get a little carried away. A BIG fish in a little pond, a tempest in a teapot? Maybe, but it is our pond and our teapot!


Not really. On the Aledo team of 09, there were two six man transfers who started varsity their first year. They were good athletes, but you’d be shocked. 5A and 6A ball is not dominated by All Stars. Of course, lots of teams have an All Star or 2, but the rest of the kids are just decent. Trust me.


You can always find an exception to a rule if you look hard enough or dig deep enough. But you still have the rule.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby TebowTime15 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:08 am

FCSA football wrote:Some of you “experts” think that D1 is the Holy Grail for sixman players. If not then D2, D3 are almost failures. No one gives any consideration or creedance to JuCo’s. In fact that is probably a perfect place for six man players to go and learn the 11 man version, work out, fill out and get better and move on If they are good enough. The possibilities to be successful are greatly improved. Even the so called recognized Experts give no recognition and have no understanding that for all but a very few this is probably the best avenue for sixman players. But it doesn't sound exotic enough or mystical enough to give the pontificators credibility. Basically it just shows how naive they really are, just like THE GREAT OZ.
The more of these pontificators predictions i read, the more i LMAO ! :)
Just saying.......


While I am not really sure who or what you are talking about, I apologize if my post upset you that much.

You have to be a cream of the crop sixman player to have any chance to play college ball, period, end of statement.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby One _pac2018 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm

I don’t think either one could go d1 but that’s my opinion
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:48 am

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby speedkills » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:38 pm

BigFan is correct.

I’ve posted this on here before: we had a kid on the team a number of years back (very average TAPPS 6-man school) that played his freshman year - but very little - & the following year transferred to the local public school (DISD 5a). He chose not to play football his sophomore & junior years, decided to give it a try as a senior. Ended up being 1st-team All-District TE. He was just a good, hard-working kid. Didn’t grow 8 inches or put on 80 pounds, no special transformation. Likewise we had a handful of kids come the other way (big public to small private). They were solid players for us but didn’t become All-State like you might think they would.

Point of all this is as part of the smallest level of football in this state, we tend to over-rate many large public school players or automatically assume they would dominate in 6-man. There’s no doubt a number of 2nd & 3rd teamers standing on the sideline this weekend at the 5a & 6a championships could be good to great 6-man players. It just may not be as many as you think!
speedkills
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby BigFan22 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:51 pm

One _pac2018 wrote:I don’t think either one could go d1 but that’s my opinion


A LOT more goes into that than people think. I got a look at two D1 programs, and the standards are unbelievable. Athletics are only 50% of it. 90% of D2 players could play D1, but the academic standards and overall work load sort them out. Lucky for me, the athletic standards put me in D2 haha. We always hear about the all stars of D1, but there’s 40 other guys suited up who made the cut. I actually went to a pro day work out, and that is where the separation of athletes becomes very apparent. I knew immediately I did not have it.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby EasyE43 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:31 pm

A couple guys on here act like Crockett is slow or something. Did anyone notice him running AWAY from the “track speed” Milford supposedly had last Wednesday. He literally ran away from them. He is actually pretty fast. To play D-1 or D-2 ball, he will have to get faster, I agree, but he absolutely has that potential. The kid runs track, and trains hard in the off season. It won’t surpirse me at all if he is 215 lbs and running a 4.5 40 by the start of next season.
EasyE43
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:37 pm

EasyE43 wrote:A couple guys on here act like Crockett is slow or something. Did anyone notice him running AWAY from the “track speed” Milford supposedly had last Wednesday. He literally ran away from them. He is actually pretty fast. To play D-1 or D-2 ball, he will have to get faster, I agree, but he absolutely has that potential. The kid runs track, and trains hard in the off season. It won’t surpirse me at all if he is 215 lbs and running a 4.5 40 by the start of next season.

Crockett has good speed for a player his size. That does not mean he is fast. Give it a rest. If he was so fast how did he place in track meets last year? Did he even compete in sprints, 200 meters, 400 meters? He is a good athlete. He can get bigger and stronger but probably not any faster. Yes I think he can play college ball. Division #3 somewhere where a coach will take care of him. Linebacker is what I see. Not big enough to play O or D line. Could grow into a tight end. Certainly not fast enough to play defensive back or running back. I don't think you played football.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby EasyE43 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:09 pm

I played bud. Lol. Promise. 11 man. But anyways, Crockett actually did run track last year but was bothered by a pulled groin the entire track season. He still ran his ass off and competed with his team and they were very very close to making to state in the 400x100 and the 800X200 relays as well as running the individual 200. He will run track again and nobody will out work the kid in the off season. I’m not saying he’s headed for sure D-1, he may not, but the kid can play at any level in high school and I def think he will get some big looks.
EasyE43
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: TaRon and Crockett

Postby pistol » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:53 pm

EasyE43 wrote:I played bud. Lol. Promise. 11 man. But anyways, Crockett actually did run track last year but was bothered by a pulled groin the entire track season. He still ran his ass off and competed with his team and they were very very close to making to state in the 400x100 and the 800X200 relays as well as running the individual 200. He will run track again and nobody will out work the kid in the off season. I’m not saying he’s headed for sure D-1, he may not, but the kid can play at any level in high school and I def think he will get some big looks.


Ah yes the classic 400x100 and my favorite the 800x200.. sometimes they take a while but we’ll worth it
pistol
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests