Leakey

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Leakey

Postby FCSA football » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

The kids need fans. Over all the years I’ve coached I still can’t figure out why some parents can’t become “fans”. Coaches yelling aren’t what they want to hear. They want to hear the cheers and encouragement from the fans. So be the best dang fan you can be, for all the kids!
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Leakey

Postby Cavemaan73 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 am

Leakey boys are mostly small and fast. A few have some size. They have the ability to turn a bad start to a play into something great. They can pass well and they can run also. These boys give it all they have the whole game. Against a so called powerhouse team? We will see at the end of the night next Friday. I'm really glad to see sixman expanding to that part of the state. It is also great to see a first year team move that far into the ranks.
Cavemaan73
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Leakey

Postby Johnny South » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:41 am

MilfordInsider wrote:If Leaky beats Milford I’ll never post on here again


Promises, Promises! You say that every year!
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

Re: Leakey

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 am

Cavemaan73 wrote:Leakey boys are mostly small and fast. A few have some size. They have the ability to turn a bad start to a play into something great. They can pass well and they can run also. These boys give it all they have the whole game. Against a so called powerhouse team? We will see at the end of the night next Friday. I'm really glad to see sixman expanding to that part of the state. It is also great to see a first year team move that far into the ranks.

I believe everyone involved with and fans of six man football are thrilled to see Leakey, Medina and surrounding schools joining the six man ranks. The more teams, the more competition, and the more young men getting to participate in a great sport. I would like to see more of those basketball only schools add six man to their athletic programs.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leakey

Postby MilfordInsider » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:06 am

Johnny South wrote:
MilfordInsider wrote:If Leaky beats Milford I’ll never post on here again


Promises, Promises! You say that every year!

Every game I say that Milford wins so...
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Leakey

Postby MilfordInsider » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 am

FCSA football wrote:Fayette County, and you ?

How far did Fayette County go in the playoffs?
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Leakey

Postby FCSA football » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 pm

We are an Independent and as I’m sure you are aware Independents aren’t UIL or a member of a conference so until 2 years ago, the last regular season was the last game. I organized and developed the Texas Independent Sixman Bowl Series. Last year we had 8 teams playing in 4 Bowl Games in Gholson, Texas. The broadcast of the games were received in 7 countries and over 100 US Markets. Morton, a UIL Team that had moved down to six man became the first Independent Six Man State Champion. This year we had 10 teams. The teams are chosen based on Sixman.com rankings at the end of week 10. Dallas UME made a great second half comeback over Claude ISD, another UIL team that had moved down to Sixman this year. Dallas UME IS THE NEW Independent State Champion. We played Irving Universal and won our game. Our Bowl Series is like the old college series. 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4 etc. some teams that qualified couldn’t make the November 10 date for one reason or another so we came in as no. 9 vs 10.
It is the first, significant post season event for Independent teams and is especially important for the seniors. Every player and coach receives a Bowl Series Medallion that is comparable to the UIL State Medallion. It also serves as a platform for seniors to be seen buy college recruiters when they had not had that opportunity in the past. Our Bowl Series is played on the weekend closest to Veterans Day so it will be November 8, 2019. We hope to qualify again and you are cordially invited to attend. 10 teams, 5 games, 14 hours of Sixman football to crown a State Champion. Thanks for your question.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Leakey

Postby Vincent J. Davis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:32 pm

FCSA football wrote:We are an Independent and as I’m sure you are aware Independents aren’t UIL or a member of a conference so until 2 years ago, the last regular season was the last game. I organized and developed the Texas Independent Sixman Bowl Series. Last year we had 8 teams playing in 4 Bowl Games in Gholson, Texas. The broadcast of the games were received in 7 countries and over 100 US Markets. Morton, a UIL Team that had moved down to six man became the first Independent Six Man State Champion. This year we had 10 teams. The teams are chosen based on Sixman.com rankings at the end of week 10. Dallas UME made a great second half comeback over Claude ISD, another UIL team that had moved down to Sixman this year. Dallas UME IS THE NEW Independent State Champion. We played Irving Universal and won our game. Our Bowl Series is like the old college series. 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4 etc. some teams that qualified couldn’t make the November 10 date for one reason or another so we came in as no. 9 vs 10.
It is the first, significant post season event for Independent teams and is especially important for the seniors. Every player and coach receives a Bowl Series Medallion that is comparable to the UIL State Medallion. It also serves as a platform for seniors to be seen buy college recruiters when they had not had that opportunity in the past. Our Bowl Series is played on the weekend closest to Veterans Day so it will be November 8, 2019. We hope to qualify again and you are cordially invited to attend. 10 teams, 5 games, 14 hours of Sixman football to crown a State Champion. Thanks for your question.


That UME Prep vs Claude game was exciting!!

Coach, thank you for all that you do for 6man football!!! And you tell your Fayette County Panthers that Coach Davis from Dallas Lutheran is a big fan!! Keep leading kids down gods path coach and remember folks at the end of the day we are all out here to just have fun and see the smiles on these young men’s faces!!

Also, I’m hoping for a McLean vs Milford final at AT&T December 19th..

I’ll be there... hope to see some of you all there as well..

God bless,

Coach Davis
Dallas Lutheran
Vincent J. Davis
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:23 am

Re: Leakey

Postby FCSA football » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks coach, after 50 years I am retiring from active coaching. I will still serve as AD BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY
I will have much more time to develop the Bowl Series. I am talking with several organizations and talking with college coaches I have met over the years to more fully develop opportunities for Six Man Independent senior football players. They have never really had a voice and now they do. I am committed to developing this program to a First Class level. God has blessed me with the means to be able to invest in these young men and now I can concentrate on that more fully. As I have taught my son and the managers of my companies, none of this belongs to us. It all belongs to HIM. HE has entrusted us with HIS bounty and expects us to be good stewards and share in all that is HIS. He can take it all away much, much faster than we ever earned it otherwise.
Prayers for all teams, coaches and families, their safety to and from the games and the games as well.
Thanks and God Bless !
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Leakey

Postby WV Backer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Texlonghorn75 wrote:I believe everyone involved with and fans of six man football are thrilled to see Leakey, Medina and surrounding schools joining the six man ranks. The more teams, the more competition, and the more young men getting to participate in a great sport. I would like to see more of those basketball only schools add six man to their athletic programs.

Same here Texlonghorn. Over in this neck of the woods we've had Bronte and now Mertzon join the sixman ranks and they will add quite a bit to the competition in the area. Doesn't look like Christoval is ever coming back (doesn't break my heart as a WV fan) but I've heard folks talk about Miles maybe coming back where they started. I guess time will tell.
User avatar
WV Backer
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Mt. McLaughlin

Re: Leakey

Postby Johnny South » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 am

MilfordInsider wrote:
Johnny South wrote:
MilfordInsider wrote:If Leaky beats Milford I’ll never post on here again


Promises, Promises! You say that every year!

Every game I say that Milford wins so...


Didn't you say that same thing a few years ago when Dez Buckaloo was the best athlete and spreadback in the Six-man world?
Johnny South
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am
Location: South of the County Line

Re: Leakey

Postby MilfordInsider » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:33 am

No... I’ve had this account for two years now I think. I think Dez graduated in 2012.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Leakey

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 am

Texlonghorn75 wrote:
Cavemaan73 wrote:Leakey boys are mostly small and fast. A few have some size. They have the ability to turn a bad start to a play into something great. They can pass well and they can run also. These boys give it all they have the whole game. Against a so called powerhouse team? We will see at the end of the night next Friday. I'm really glad to see sixman expanding to that part of the state. It is also great to see a first year team move that far into the ranks.

I believe everyone involved with and fans of six man football are thrilled to see Leakey, Medina and surrounding schools joining the six man ranks. The more teams, the more competition, and the more young men getting to participate in a great sport. I would like to see more of those basketball only schools add six man to their athletic programs.


it would be nice to see Knippa, Utopia, Tilden, and Comstock get back into football again now that there are more 6 man schools near them.
User avatar
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:01 am
Location: Minooka, IL
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Leakey

Postby Cavemaan73 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am

Utopia from what we hear did not to go to sixman because of the expense of setting up the program. People in the area say the kids just aren't into sports anymore. Girls golf seems to be a big hit there. Comstock should be right on the edge of going sixman. I'm not sure about the southern towns. The oil boom down there has increase populations. Sabinal has been a powerhouse for a few years.
Cavemaan73
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Leakey

Postby Cavemaan73 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:47 am

This Friday it's going to come down to the team that can play in the rain better.
Cavemaan73
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blueblood90 and 15 guests