McLean is For Real!

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby bballcoach » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Ah.. it's alright. Not sure why he chose to take a shot, but it's all good!
bballcoach
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Yeah I saw this fight coming lol in tdog’s defense I was probably the same around his age, Im guessing he’s 19 or 20ish. Then again, I moved off from home and had to grow up pretty quick. You figure out nobody cares about your hometown glory.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:06 pm

bballcoach wrote:Ah.. it's alright. Not sure why he chose to take a shot, but it's all good!

First of all Coach you took the first shot. Did you expect us to sit in the stands when we scored and not cheer? And so what if I was that guy. I was complimenting how good Mclean was even though I'm from a rival town, So I didn't take the first shot. I'm sure since your a coach at a 4a school you have way better things to do than try to defend a school you left. Being a man of much responsibility I'm sure you have other ways to feather your ego other than arguing on a website with a bunch of kids. SMH
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby bballcoach » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:25 pm

tdog5344 wrote:
bballcoach wrote:Ah.. it's alright. Not sure why he chose to take a shot, but it's all good!

First of all Coach you took the first shot. Did you expect us to sit in the stands when we scored and not cheer? And so what if I was that guy. I was complimenting how good Mclean was even though I'm from a rival town, So I didn't take the first shot. I'm sure since your a coach at a 4a school you have way better things to do than try to defend a school you left. Being a man of much responsibility I'm sure you have other ways to feather your ego other than arguing on a website with a bunch of kids. SMH

This has nothing to do with my ego. All I said was I thought it was funny how a man yelled that statement across the field. It wasn't a shot at all. I do have better things to do than argue, and I definitely wasn't planning on it turning into one. I have read this message board for years, and 95% of the people on here are mature adults that are passionate about their town and football. I will always support McLean..especially since one of my best friends is still on the coaching staff there. I apologize if you took my statement the wrong way, and had to call me a "JH coach" doing illegal things when you had no idea what you were talking about. I hope we can discuss McLean, Groom, and six man football in a cordial way in the future.
bballcoach
6-Man Fan

Postby Coyote07 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 am

Borden County will win the west... year after year we doubt them but they always prove us wrong.
Coyote07
11-Man Fan

Postby bballcoach » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:17 am

I'll be anxious to see how Borden does against Strawn next week.
bballcoach
6-Man Fan

Postby EasyE43 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:53 am

I’m telling you right now, Mclean will win the west, AND STATE for that matter. Nobody in the state right now can match their physicality and toughness. Toughest team WINS! I know who my money is on!
EasyE43
11-Man Fan

Re: McClean is For Real!

Postby Ares » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am

BuffaloCountry wrote:Vance Jones alone will make it a difficult matchup for McLean because of his phenomenal coaching ability and Balmorhea does have some returning talent. I only mentioned Follett because they’re a favorite out of D2 West and they have really solid players coming back this year, but they’re not on Strawn’s level. As I stated earlier, McLean should still win comfortably.

McLeans size alone will be to much for Balmorhea. They will be 45'd at the half or early 3rd. They lost their main starters who made those 2 State appearances possible. A few players did return but their still young. It's a rebuilding/learning year for the Bears.
Ares
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Agreed.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:27 pm

How many actual starters did Balmorea loose last year??
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Ares » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:56 pm

tdog5344 wrote:How many actual starters did Balmorea loose last year??

I believe 6. All were starters on both sides of the ball. The only major returning starter is #8. But they do have something like 10 Sophomores. So they just might be dangerous after this year once them kids get some more experience.
Ares
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:02 am

McLean will win the West.
Milford will beat Coolidge the 1st time (district) in a very close ball game.
Milford will NOT beat Coolidge the 2nd time (playoffs) because Coolidge sheer size and athleticism will be too much for Milford along with an adjust game plan.
-I know this will get MilfordInsider all fired up-

With saying all of that, I see

Coolidge beating McLean because McLean hasn't played an elite athletic team to go along with athletic size up front. I saw the Coolidge Zephyr game and Coolidge has 2 REALLY BIG AND ATHLETIC LINEMEN that will dominate McLean up front.

Coolidge 68
McLean 56
FINAL
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby glorydaze » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Coolidge play (from the panhandle), but I'd be hard pressed to believe that size or athleticism will be an issue for McLean players to handle. They are a big, physical, and athletic team. People said the same about them being unchallenged last year but they handled Naz and Knox City pretty handily.
glorydaze
11-Man Fan

Postby TheGoat97 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Coolidge is not beating Milford LOL..
TheGoat97
6-Man Fan

Postby EasyE43 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Kramer, I feel like you’re just trying to get stuff started, and I like it. I hope Mclean vs Coolidge is a real possibility. I’m not going to get into who would win and why, because I have no idea about Coolidge, but one thing I will say with 100% positivity is that Mclean players wouldn’t have one scared bone in there body to play this game. Also, if you think TWO big, athletic linemen would be enough to dominate this Mclean group, that’s CRAZY! McLean’s whole team is big and physical and they LOVE to bring it! Just the thought of this game gets me excited, i hope it can happen!
EasyE43
11-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk