McLean is For Real!

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:36 pm

bballcoach wrote:McLean is for sure the real deal. I listened to the game Saturday night, then watched it on film yesterday. There are going to be very few teams, if any, that will be able to stop Ben Crockett. I feel bad for the defenses trying to tackle him all night! Strawns spread back was extremely fast, and was running away from McLean early in the game. Jacob Watson is the fastest kid on McLeans team, and he could not keep up with Strawns spread back (can't remember his #). Strawn will be tough to beat the rest of the way for sure. They just could not match McLeans physicality for an entire game. McLean is definitely not the fastest team in the state, but they have enough speed to match up with anybody. Kater Tate (6'5 senior) moving back for his senior year was HUGE for them, and I feel like that put them over the top.

So one Kid made them.over the top??
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby bballcoach » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 pm

They were already going to be good. 6’5 210 pound kids that have good hands don’t grow on trees. So yes, I think him moving back made them the favorite in Division 1.
bballcoach
11-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 pm

How big is Henderson and Crockett the program made them sound huge but you never know. I guess we will see friday...
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby bballcoach » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:38 pm

They are both pretty big. Both are just strong country boys who love to hit. I will be anxious to see how Friday goes for sure.
bballcoach
11-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Lol well when I played mclean we usually put it on em and ran the score up so I'm glad I don't have any kids playing
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:51 pm

tdog5344 wrote:Lol well when I played mclean we usually put it on em and ran the score up so I'm glad I don't have any kids playing

I actually got curious about how McLean and Groom stacked up, so I did a comparison from years past. From the year 2000, the teams met 13 times. McLean won 8, while Groom won 5. So, maybe just some glory days syndrome? We all get it sometimes!
BigFan22
11-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:36 am

BigFan22 wrote:
tdog5344 wrote:Lol well when I played mclean we usually put it on em and ran the score up so I'm glad I don't have any kids playing

I actually got curious about how McLean and Groom stacked up, so I did a comparison from years past. From the year 2000, the teams met 13 times. McLean won 8, while Groom won 5. So, maybe just some glory days syndrome? We all get it sometimes!

Lol kinda what I was thinking! I think it got a little personal for a moment. Sometimes programs change. Teams you beat end up being the teams your program loses to later on down the road. Happens all the time whether we like it or not.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby BigFan22 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 am

BuffaloCountry wrote:
BigFan22 wrote:

Lol kinda what I was thinking! I think it got a little personal for a moment. Sometimes programs change. Teams you beat end up being the teams your program loses to later on down the road. Happens all the time whether we like it or not.

Absolutely! Just the way it is. A lot of these small schools hit a good luck with some really athletic kids, and then the well goes dry.
BigFan22
11-Man Fan

Postby EasyE43 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:36 am

Mclean went into that game hungry for respect and a big win, they left the game starving for more. This group is motivated, don’t expect any let downs from this group. They are the real deal, there is no doubt.
EasyE43
11-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:00 pm

bballcoach wrote:I'm a sixman junkie and I've always followed mclean being in the same district. We all know the studs Crockett and Henderson and manns but I heard alot of other names on the radio like hannon richland and abshires who I thought graduated sounds like tons of talent and weapons. In my research I don't know of a D1 school that is from the panhandle that has ever made it to the big dance.

Whitharral won the championship in '81 and '01. Amherst won it all in '84 and '85. I guess they would be considered "panhandle" schools, right?
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby Billy_Hoyle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm

WV Backer...I'm gonna override that and say Whit and Amherst are not in the Panhandle!
Billy_Hoyle
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Billy_Hoyle wrote:WV Backer...I'm gonna override that and say Whit and Amherst are not in the Panhandle!

Agreed.. I’d consider them South Plains.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby coachsolis » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:13 pm

I've had the opportunity to coach with Coach Linman when he was in Anton. He is a great coach! He knows how to get the best out of Kids and he is very passionate about football and kids. I have nothing but the upmost respect for him and his staff. He is a hard working guy as are his kids. Yes he is blessed to also have hard working kids in McClean. I've met a few of them and they seem to be very respectful and hard working. They are the REAL DEAL. Tough, Physical, Hardworking and above all COACHABLE. Hats off to the McClean Tigers and best of Luck to them the rest of this season! Go getem Linman you deserve it amigo!
coachsolis
11-Man Fan

Postby WV Backer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:15 pm

I reckon "panhandle" is anything north of Silverton? Heck man, anything north of Lubbock is the panhandle to me but I imagine you folks that live up there have a better definition of it than me.
WV Backer
6-Man Fan

Postby bakedbean » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Tdogs team couldnt hang now with the new MClean team
bakedbean
11-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk