McLean is For Real!

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:13 pm

4 kids scored for Mclean they are all huge and about the same speed. Strawn is super fast so it says alot for mcleans speed as well. Mclean has 5 or six kids over 6ft and at or over 200 lbs. Hopefully they will release the film someday so we can all watch.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:32 pm

tdog5344 wrote:4 kids scored for Mclean they are all huge and about the same speed. Strawn is super fast so it says alot for mcleans speed as well. Mclean has 5 or six kids over 6ft and at or over 200 lbs. Hopefully they will release the film someday so we can all watch.


Holy &@$/, reminds me of Throckmorton in 2012.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:22 pm

And we get to play them in mclean next week groom has some speed but no size at all
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 pm

tdog5344 wrote:And we get to play them in mclean next week groom has some speed but no size at all


Well, spread em out on offense and do what you can on D lol
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby bballcoach » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:48 pm

McLean is for sure the real deal. I listened to the game Saturday night, then watched it on film yesterday. There are going to be very few teams, if any, that will be able to stop Ben Crockett. I feel bad for the defenses trying to tackle him all night! Strawns spread back was extremely fast, and was running away from McLean early in the game. Jacob Watson is the fastest kid on McLeans team, and he could not keep up with Strawns spread back (can't remember his #). Strawn will be tough to beat the rest of the way for sure. They just could not match McLeans physicality for an entire game. McLean is definitely not the fastest team in the state, but they have enough speed to match up with anybody. Kater Tate (6'5 senior) moving back for his senior year was HUGE for them, and I feel like that put them over the top.
bballcoach
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby bballcoach » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:50 pm

tdog5344 wrote:And we get to play them in mclean next week groom has some speed but no size at all


I agree. Groom has some pretty fast kids, but are TINY. I think they might be able to break some long plays if they get out in the open field, but I do not see them being able to stop McLean at all.
bballcoach
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Bball coach how did you get to watch the film?? You from mclean??
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:26 pm

bballcoach wrote:McLean is for sure the real deal. I listened to the game Saturday night, then watched it on film yesterday. There are going to be very few teams, if any, that will be able to stop Ben Crockett. I feel bad for the defenses trying to tackle him all night! Strawns spread back was extremely fast, and was running away from McLean early in the game. Jacob Watson is the fastest kid on McLeans team, and he could not keep up with Strawns spread back (can't remember his #). Strawn will be tough to beat the rest of the way for sure. They just could not match McLeans physicality for an entire game. McLean is definitely not the fastest team in the state, but they have enough speed to match up with anybody. Kater Tate (6'5 senior) moving back for his senior year was HUGE for them, and I feel like that put them over the top.


Would love to see the film how can you watch it ??
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby bballcoach » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm

I coached at McLean from 2014-2017 (didn't coach football though), and I still have access to HUDL. That is how I still get my 6 man fix in since I coach at a 4A school now.
bballcoach
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:42 pm

bballcoach wrote:McLean is for sure the real deal. I listened to the game Saturday night, then watched it on film yesterday. There are going to be very few teams, if any, that will be able to stop Ben Crockett. I feel bad for the defenses trying to tackle him all night! Strawns spread back was extremely fast, and was running away from McLean early in the game. Jacob Watson is the fastest kid on McLeans team, and he could not keep up with Strawns spread back (can't remember his #). Strawn will be tough to beat the rest of the way for sure. They just could not match McLeans physicality for an entire game. McLean is definitely not the fastest team in the state, but they have enough speed to match up with anybody. Kater Tate (6'5 senior) moving back for his senior year was HUGE for them, and I feel like that put them over the top.


I’ve heard of the Tate kid, big fella! I’ve just heard of him because he’s a pretty good calf roper, but I bet that athleticism transfers to the field!
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:48 pm

BigFan22 wrote:
bballcoach wrote:McLean is for sure the real deal. I listened to the game Saturday night, then watched it on film yesterday. There are going to be very few teams, if any, that will be able to stop Ben Crockett. I feel bad for the defenses trying to tackle him all night! Strawns spread back was extremely fast, and was running away from McLean early in the game. Jacob Watson is the fastest kid on McLeans team, and he could not keep up with Strawns spread back (can't remember his #). Strawn will be tough to beat the rest of the way for sure. They just could not match McLeans physicality for an entire game. McLean is definitely not the fastest team in the state, but they have enough speed to match up with anybody. Kater Tate (6'5 senior) moving back for his senior year was HUGE for them, and I feel like that put them over the top.


I’ve heard of the Tate kid, big fella! I’ve just heard of him because he’s a pretty good calf roper, but I bet that athleticism transfers to the

I'm a sixman junkie and I've always followed mclean being in the same district. We all know the studs Crockett and Henderson and manns but I heard alot of other names on the radio like hannon richland and abshires who I thought graduated sounds like tons of talent and weapons. In my research I don't know of a D1 school that is from the panhandle that has ever made it to the big dance.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby BigFan22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Valley went in 04/05. Follett has been a few times.
BigFan22
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm

BigFan22 wrote:Valley went in 04/05. Follett has been a few times.



They were D2
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby Old Bearkat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:31 pm

tdog5344 wrote:
BigFan22 wrote:Valley went in 04/05. Follett has been a few times.



They were D2


There was no D1/D2 in 2004 and 2005.
User avatar
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:01 am
Location: Minooka, IL
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: McLean is For Real!

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 pm

My bad I thought they split it in 2002
tdog5344
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gohorns40, obagain and 20 guests