On the move

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: On the move

Postby BuffaloCountry » Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

Not official as of yet, but I am anticipating Jake Popham will be leaving Petersburg to take over at Loraine. When I last talked to him, he already had an interview and had been approved by the school board at Loraine. That same day, he received a call from Happy about their HC position. Hopefully in the coming days, I will be able to confirm his next position after speaking with him.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby Coach Popham » Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 am

I can confirm, my wife and I have signed contracts with Loraine and I will be taking over AD/Head Football Duties there next year.
I am looking forward to the opportunity to come in and build another successful program. It is my hope that with the hard work and dedication of the boys, we can reestablish the Loraine Bulldogs as a team to contend with very soon.
Loraine ISD is a very good fit for my family and has accepted us with open arms. We are looking forward to being a part of the community very soon and helping them continue to grow in their successes.

Jake Popham
Coach Popham
11-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Coach Popham wrote:I can confirm, my wife and I have signed contracts with Loraine and I will be taking over AD/Head Football Duties there next year.
I am looking forward to the opportunity to come in and build another successful program. It is my hope that with the hard work and dedication of the boys, we can reestablish the Loraine Bulldogs as a team to contend with very soon.
Loraine ISD is a very good fit for my family and has accepted us with open arms. We are looking forward to being a part of the community very soon and helping them continue to grow in their successes.

Jake Popham

Coach Popham, thank you for all you have accomplished for the program in Petersburg. It’s been a few years since we had a coach that led the program to a district championship and a couple playoff runs. The commitment and drive for success you have is admirable and the love for your boys is unmatched. You have touched many hearts in the community of Petersburg and these boys will always hold a place for you in their hearts. I know, because my brother is one of those boys who continually talks nothing but good of you. God Bless you and your family and many of us will continue to keep an eye on your new team. Loraine has a damn good coach and man who knows how to turn a program around. I’ve witnessed this firsthand.

Best Wishes,

Marcos Hinojos
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Mon May 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Wonder Dog wrote:Now to get this topic back on course (AGAIN)

Coolidge is in the process of hiring the coach from Crowell.
Crowell is about to be OPEN

So, get ready for Coolidge to start moving up in the six-man world!
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Tue May 22, 2018 9:53 am

Offensively this is a great hire and better than what they've had with the past two coaches.
Defensively he will need to find someone to replace the one leaving for Kress.
Can this be a Nathan Hays and Reece Walker part 2.

With the hiring of Nathan Hays and with the enrollment of his son S. Hays, Coolidge is by far the best team in the East.
With this hire, Coolidge will beat Milford and May
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Elite » Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 am

Elite
6-Man Fan

Postby Coach Popham » Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 am

[/quote]Coach Popham, thank you for all you have accomplished for the program in Petersburg. It’s been a few years since we had a coach that led the program to a district championship and a couple playoff runs. The commitment and drive for success you have is admirable and the love for your boys is unmatched. You have touched many hearts in the community of Petersburg and these boys will always hold a place for you in their hearts. I know, because my brother is one of those boys who continually talks nothing but good of you. God Bless you and your family and many of us will continue to keep an eye on your new team. Loraine has a damn good coach and man who knows how to turn a program around. I’ve witnessed this firsthand.

Best Wishes,

Marcos Hinojos[/quote]

Thank you. My experience at Petersburg was truly awesome; the boys(past & present) learned to trust me and the program grew. I will be forever thankful for everything that the athletes and community did for my family, and allowing me to "rebuild" the program as I saw fit. Its never easy to change things, but the way we handled business day to day showed up on the field, court, track. I will never forget the relationships that I built with the students/athletes, and the love that we developed between us. We truly became family, and achieved great things. We ultimately fell short of some of our goals, but roads to success are often paved in failures. I cannot say enough good things about the families and kids of Petersburg and their dedication, work ethic, patience and will to succeed.
Good luck to Petersburg in its future, and I wish Coach Soliz and his family the best.

Thanks,
Coach Popham
11-Man Fan

Postby Coach Popham » Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 am

BuffaloCountry wrote:
Coach Popham wrote:I can confirm, my wife and I have signed contracts with Loraine and I will be taking over AD/Head Football Duties there next year.

Jake Popham

Coach Popham, thank you for all you have accomplished for the program in Petersburg. It’s been a few years since we had a coach that led the program to a district championship and a couple playoff runs. The commitment and drive for success you have is admirable and the love for your boys is unmatched. You have touched many hearts in the community of Petersburg and these boys will always hold a place for you in their hearts. I know, because my brother is one of those boys who continually talks nothing but good of you. God Bless you and your family and many of us will continue to keep an eye on your new team. Loraine has a damn good coach and man who knows how to turn a program around. I’ve witnessed this firsthand.

Best Wishes,

Marcos Hinojos

Thank you. My experience at Petersburg was truly awesome; the boys(past & present) learned to trust me and the program grew. I will be forever thankful for everything that the athletes and community did for my family, and allowing me to "rebuild" the program as I saw fit. Its never easy to change things, but the way we handled business day to day showed up on the field, court, track. I will never forget the relationships that I built with the students/athletes, and the love that we developed between us. We truly became family, and achieved great things. We ultimately fell short of some of our goals, but roads to success are often paved in failures. I cannot say enough good things about the families and kids of Petersburg and their dedication, work ethic, patience and will to succeed.
Good luck to Petersburg in its future, and I wish Coach Soliz and his family the best.

Thanks,

Jake Popham
Coach Popham
11-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Elite wrote:What about the Two athletes moving back to Mexia?

From what I was told via text message response is that the Hoover kid is moving to Mexia to live with is dad. The Gibson kid left Coolidge and has enrolled at Waco Connally, his mother has resigned and moved there.
Those two kids will not be at Coolidge
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

Postby mtnag69 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Matt Miracle from FW Paschal and White Deer has been hired as High Islands New FB Coach.
mtnag69
11-Man Fan

Postby Coach Ware » Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Wonder Dog wrote:
Elite wrote:What about the Two athletes moving back to Mexia?

From what I was told via text message response is that the Hoover kid is moving to Mexia to live with is dad. The Gibson kid left Coolidge and has enrolled at Waco Connally, his mother has resigned and moved there.
Those two kids will not be at Coolidge

1st, The text message I sent said the Hoover kid is still enrolled at Coolidge and has said he is leaving for Mexia. There is no 2nd kid leaving Coolidge unless you are speaking about the Gibson kid, he did leave and is attending a school in Waco.

Kress has hired Brian Cooper Sr. as their Defensive Coordinator, Asst Coach.
Coach Ware
6-Man Fan

Postby SWRaider » Tue May 22, 2018 2:18 pm

So the new High Island coach went from coaching 6-man to the HC of a 6A school, back to 6-man.....
Thats interesting.
SWRaider
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Tue May 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Kramer wrote:Offensively this is a great hire and better than what they've had with the past two coaches.
Defensively he will need to find someone to replace the one leaving for Kress.
Can this be a Nathan Hays and Reece Walker part 2.

With the hiring of Nathan Hays and with the enrollment of his son S. Hays, Coolidge is by far the best team in the East.
With this hire, Coolidge will beat Milford and May

Coolidge will move up in the six-man world this year, and may beat May. But no way will they beat Milford.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby Blue Bird » Fri May 25, 2018 3:40 pm

If I havn't misread my regions, Coolidge, Milford and Union Hill will all have to play each other before getting their shot at May in the semifinals. And quite frankly, some planets will probably need to get in line before May gets to the semifinals. They will need to stay injury free for sure.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Sat May 26, 2018 5:03 pm

was informed Nathan Hays has accepted the AD/HD FB Position at Coolidge so look for Crowell to come open soon.
Kramer
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk