On the move

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: On the move

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 am

This whole Blanket situation strikes me as strange. All I know is rumors and precious few facts. But it still interests me enough that I try to draw conclusions from the rumors. For example, yesterday I "heard" that Williamson had "lawyered up". Does he need a lawyer just to wait for the school board election to see if the vote to let him go will change after the election? I don't think so. You would need a lawyer if you were toying with idea of taking Blanket ISD to court. He has only been in Blanket one year and unless the rules and laws governing hiring and firing teachers has changed in the last eight or ten years, he hasn't got a leg to stand on! After dividing the community into two distinct camps, for or against, the water in Blanket will have soured for him. If the board election goes against him and the Supt., the water will have soured for the Supt. as well.
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Postby texmac68 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Blanket school superintendent David Whisenhunt was contacted by the school district's attorney Friday night regarding the school board's vote earlier this month to not renew the contract of head football coach/athletic director Brent Williamson. Whisenhunt said the attorney reviewed the minutes from that meeting and notified Whisenhunt of the following information:

Williamson, who is in his first year with the district, is on a probationary contract. State school law required that the board have a separate vote to terminate Williamson's probationary contract. Because that vote did not occur, Williamson's contract was not terminated, Whisenhunt said.

Whisenhunt brought a press release to the Bulletin Saturday that states:

"There has been great confusion and concern regarding Mr. Williamson's employment status with Blanket ISD. On behalf of Blanket ISD I want to clarify misunderstandings on this matter. During the Blanket ISD board meeting Feb. 12, 2018, a motion to offer Mr. Williamson a contract for the 2018-'19 school year did not pass. The action did not terminate or non-renew Mr. Williamson's contract at the end of his current 2017-'18 probationary contract.

"The board will revisit Mr. Williamson's contract and employment status at a future board meeting prior to the end of the school year. All previous information indicating that the Blanket ISD would not be employing Mr. Williamson beyond the 2017-'18 school year was incorrect, as such a determination has not been made by the board of trustees. We appreciate the input from the community and as a district we will make a final decision in the best interest of the district."

The school board will have a specially called meeting at 7 p.m. Monday. Board members will hear comments from the public regarding Williamson and will consider taking action once again on renewing Williamson's contract, Whisenhunt said, adding that he does not know if the board will take action or what that action would be. Brownwood Bulletin
texmac68
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Calvert will be open
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Not official yet, but I expect Petersburg to be added to this list soon.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:59 pm

I've heard from a really good source Coolidge will be open
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

Postby Texman301 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:52 pm

I have it from a good source, Ware is staying put in Coolidge..
Texman301
6-Man Fan

Postby jc_30 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:25 am

Why Petersburg? Popham has done a great job with what he has had.
jc_30
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BuffaloCountry » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:48 pm

jc_30 wrote:Why Petersburg? Popham has done a great job with what he has had.

I absolutely agree. Popham took a team that was 2-8 and made them playoff contenders the past few years and did a hell of a job developing talent. I’ve heard through the grapevine that his position is only head football coach and he doesn’t teach so the school can’t afford him, which is a mistake on the school’s part.
I would endorse Popham wherever he goes, not to mention he is a product of Strawn. Whoever gets him will be in great hands.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Rule is open (non AD position)

Richland Springs is closed - they promoted from within, Thomas Tipton
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Sixmanfan2244 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 am

Appears as if Zephyr may have themselves a new Head Coach
Sixmanfan2244
11-Man Fan

Postby Count Coog » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:54 am

Oakwood is open: On Tasa and Smoaky
Count Coog
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 am

Brownwood radio said that Blanket's loss is Zephyr's gain.
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby The Motley Fool » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Zephyr School board made it official this evening, Brent Williamson is the new AD/Head Coach of the Zephyr Bulldogs.
The Motley Fool
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 am

Do you think that there may be a few tigers transfer over to the bulldogs?
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby truthhurts17 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:17 am

I read something on face book about that...real smart, proof that they are leaving for athletic reasons. Im sure incoming Coach will love that. If they leave then the people they are mad at wins.
truthhurts17
11-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk