On the move

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: On the move

Postby Kramer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 am

Spur is open according to their website but makes one (me) think this is a HOMER job meaning someone from inside will get this position. (Bear Chesley or Clark)
It's not posted on any other website other than Spur ISD.

https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/docu ... _Coach.pdf
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

Pistol
my understanding is he applied, had an on site interview and told Happy Administration he wanted the job. It was enough for Happy ISD to offer Coach Johnson the position as being hired as the next football coach. Happy assumed he was going to take the position so they offered him the job.
Somewhere during this time frame he got cold feet and during this process the other candidates such as Coach Popham took other jobs.

To me this is bad business on Coach Johnson because now those other candidates who were passed over and not given an interview is probably stuck out now or feeling burned because someone probably had no SERIOUS intentions of going to Happy in the first place.

I'm sure other School Superintendents, Principals, AD's will this guy's resume or application on their email and they'll be weary of this guy and pass him over because this is not how you do business.
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:59 am

dang it wonder dog stop sugar coating things.

Yes Coach Johnson applied with no serious intent to take the job or ANY job. He did inform Happy at the interview that he wanted the job, Once Happy became interested in him as the LONE candidate, He backed out. According to folks around Rule ISD, he's done the same thing with them. Applied, gotten the interview, told them he wants the job, job is offered, He backs out.

Now in Coach Johnson defense, We don't know why he's backed out, could be because he's not a certified teacher, could be he's demanding more money, could be he wants free housing, could be momma don't want to live in a small town where the nearest walmart is 35 miles away.
WE DON'T KNOW WHY, but this this ain't good for future endeavours for his pursuit of employment in public school.

I believe its a leverage for more money from his place of employment
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am

I was given permission to post this:
Jourmain Matta, Balmorhea assistant, has been offered and accepted the HC job at Bronte
Great hire for Bronte!
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Re: On the move-

Postby CoachJJ » Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Good Afternoon,
I went back and forth about responding and stooping to a certain level as a professional. 11-12 years ago, I would have responded and been extremely upset, however now I’m at a different place as an educator, husband, father, coach, and Christian.
You are more than welcome to come to me about any questions you have about how I handle myself. You will continue to lose credibility if you handle and speak on things without going to the source. You have painted an inaccurate picture of me and I have had a dozen of coaches reach out to me this morning asking what is this all about.
I know communities, board members and superintendents read these boards, so my response is ONLY to clear the air for them not for you.
Rule ISD-
We never interviewed officially at Rule ISD. I did not back out of that job. They reached out a few times and asked if I was interested in interviewing. I said yes, I’m interested in coming out to interview. The next week, I found out the principal and superintendent were retiring from Rule ISD. I spoke with their AD at the time (he confirmed that as well) and I also saw it posted on the Region 14 job website. I reached out to them and told them I didn’t not want to come interview as I was not comfortable with committing to a new job when I wouldn’t even know who the super and principal would be.
Happy ISD-
If I was not interested, I would not have drug my family out of bed at 4:00am on a Saturday morning after an athletic banquet Friday night to drive four hours to West, Texas. The teaching field was the main struggle for me. I am not certified( my content cert is EC-12 PE) in SS, which is what the teaching field was going to be and at the time of the interview, they didn’t have a math position open for my wife. Anyone who knows me knows that I am very honest about everything and I have been honest with Coach Moore and Mr. Keith through the whole process. Bottom line is Coach Moore and Mr. Keith are great people and I would love to work for them. It was just not in the cards for us right now. Maybe down the road it works but who knows.

Sincerely,

Coach Johnson
CoachJJ
6-Man Fan

Postby Coach Fryar » Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Not really on the move, but.....

Coach Austin Flores has been promoted from assistant football at Whitharral to Head Football Coach. I am gladly heading back into my usual assistant football role. You guys out there that take on Head Football and Head Basketball year in and year out, I tip my hat to you, your athletes, and your families. Coach Flores will do great and is the right man for the job. Please direct all football inquiries to him.

Austin Flores
806-690-6681
aflores@whitharralisd.org
Coach Fryar
11-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Coach Johnson thank you.... It's funny how those so quick to judge and spew negativity become silent when confronted with the truth.. Good luck to you and your family..
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Sun May 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Coach JJ,

So you are saying Rule ISD reached out to you and you did not send them a resume for the position . I find that very interesting because .. I know the secretary (M Gibbs) and there was a Joshua Johnson from Wichita Christian who applied. Hope I don't have to supply actual documentation.

All I was trying to say was there are hundreds of coaches out there trying to find jobs and they get no interviews, here you are getting interviews, getting job offers, then turning them away. All while a worthy candidate who didn't get the interview or the job is now still pursuing a job.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm for you, I just hate it when someone snatches food from someone else who wanted the food.

Good luck to you in your private school endeavours
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Jones26 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Kramer wrote:Coach JJ,

So you are saying Rule ISD reached out to you and you did not send them a resume for the position . I find that very interesting because .. I know the secretary (M Gibbs) and there was a Joshua Johnson from Wichita Christian who applied. Hope I don't have to supply actual documentation.

All I was trying to say was there are hundreds of coaches out there trying to find jobs and they get no interviews, here you are getting interviews, getting job offers, then turning them away. All while a worthy candidate who didn't get the interview or the job is now still pursuing a job.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm for you, I just hate it when someone snatches food from someone else who wanted the food.

Wow...maybe should read his post again. Let me know when you see him say he didn’t send a resume. Coach Johnson is a good man, maybe you should call him up personally and let him know how you feel instead of calling him out on a public message board. Of course many have told you this on several occasions, haven’t they?
Jones26
6-Man Fan

Postby Corean » Sun May 20, 2018 4:08 pm

I am in my position without applying first. I was sought out by admin, went and interviewed, fell in love with the new mission/goal of the school and athletic program expectations (which were inline with mine to begin with) and was not the first one offered. Another coach was offered, didn’t work out for whatever reason, then I was offered. Points I’m trying to make:
A) in this business, things like this happen
B) At least this happened in April/May not July/August. I’ve know coaches who have taken jobs, moved into town and moved out in the middle of the night. Also have known coaches to leave after school year has started. In the end, josh is going to do what’s best for him and his family. We all are no matter our profession. Both Rule and Happy have time to get the right fit candidate and those still looking still have time to find the right fit. Good luck to all still looking, school or coaches.
Corean
6-Man Fan

Postby loveofgame » Sun May 20, 2018 4:21 pm

It amazing to see somehow hiding behind a screen name have the fortitude to call someone out by their name..
loveofgame
6-Man Fan

Postby Kramer » Mon May 21, 2018 6:45 am

Very Well Said Corean but some will look at it and not say a word but know he's burning bridges.

loveof the game,
Welcome to the WORLD WIDE WEB, Social Media, where this happens all the time. We all choose whom we want to defend and whom we want to bash for what ever tickles our fancy and I'm assuming your fancy is tickled by defending. Good luck to you all
Kramer
6-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 am

Guys Guys Guys don't let Kramer sucker you into an online argument. I know him personally and he is a old grumpy guy who sometimes comes off as a complete idiot with his own ideas.

Coach JJ if you feel you need to apply at Sugar Land Logos Prep, or Kerrville OLH, or Victoria Faith, or Lubbock Christ The King or if you need to go public and apply at Borden County or Rotan ... YOU DO IT AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT ...
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

Postby TruckerTony_1987 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 am

Their are many coaches out there these days who don't deserve an interview; much less a job. Teacher/ Coach is a very demanding job where you are asked to do far more than you get paid for. As a result, there are a lot of coaches that pick and choose which part of their jobs they want to do/ not do. Don't get me wrong; I know a bunch of coaches that do their jobs 100% and then some. These are also the guys getting all of the interviews/jobs, and deservingly so.
TruckerTony_1987
11-Man Fan

Postby Wonder Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 am

Now to get this topic back on course (AGAIN)

Buena Vista has hired a coach from Penelope or Aquilla, Didn't get full details of what school he is from.
Coolidge is in the process of hiring the coach from Crowell.
Crowell is about to be OPEN
Wonder Dog
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk